Random Social Chit-Chat

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've gotta give them credit though, I went through two pairs in a rather short period of time (one was iFrogz, TERRIBLE sound and blew out after 2 weeks, stay away! Other was Altec Lansing that blew out after 3 months due to my bad habit of wrapping around phone), while these badboys lasted 3 years, albeit with crappy sound quality.

I'm a Grado man, myself. Best headphones you can buy.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Grado man, myself. Best headphones you can buy.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

With all the arranging i do, (i do piano arrangements for piano from soundtracks) any noise cancelling buds work. :):thumbup: got new ones for Christmas, and i can't remember the brand, that's how fast they were unwrapped and put to use.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys know if it's possible for the admin of a WiFi network to control all the data usage and have access to your device through it? If so, is there an app that protect me from that?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Got a new pair of earbuds coming in the mail this week. Sound in left ear of my old ones finally blew out after three years.

I'm excited for some reason :p

Im more of a bluetooth guy myself. :D I have the lg tone + headphones; 13hrs of music, N.C, bluetooth 3.0, and a very comfortable design make Em worth the $50. :D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
He's probably wasted and depressed without AC.
I don't blame him.....
But Funky's the Dude, man. He's the Dude!
The Dude... doesn't let anything get him down or depressed, man. :)

No, I prefer to imagine, I don't know, something more along the lines of. . .the Dudes' going out each day and practicing his gutterballs, after swingin' by here, reading a few posts and saying . . .
🎶I said I just stopped by to see what condition my condition was in! 🎶
:cool:

The Big Lebowski - Gutterballs Scene - YouTube

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys know if it's possible for the admin of a WiFi network to control all the data usage and have access to your device through it? If so, is there an app that protect me from that?

Hey Liv can you be a little more specific?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't post mush in this thread. But I also hope that funky will get a break... He is knowledgeable...

EDIT: Found out he broke the rules... So I hope he play by the rules next time... Good luck.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Heh.... No shame in that. I used those quite a bit until I picked up a pair of SkullCandy Fix. My new favorite.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD

I'm using the skullcandy ink'd and liking them so far.

Am I the only one who thinks marshmallow tips just feel weird in the ear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Skull candy headphones seem to feel like they're not made very sturdy. They feel kinda cheap. In my opinion of course. If you can spare the funds, try the Bose in ear headphones. Those are awesome... and I never say "awesome" lol

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

It is very easy to capture data (packets) on a WiFi network if you are the owner/admin of the network. It's also not too hard for someone else on the same WiFi connection to capture your data. One of the best ways to protect yourself on a free/public WiFi is to VPN back to your own personal home router, that way you're just tunneling through the free/public connection and your info will be encrypted.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
But Funky's the Dude, man. He's the Dude! The Dude... doesn't let anything get him down or depressed, man. :)

No, I prefer to imagine, I don't know, something more along the lines of. . .the Dudes' going out each day and practicing his gutterballs, after swingin' by here, reading a few posts and saying . . I just stopped by to see what condition my condition was in! :cool:

The Big Lebowski - Gutterballs Scene - YouTube

Either that, or he's been busy customizing his devices up the wazoo, and when he gets back, nobody will recognize them.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It is very easy to capture data (packets) on a WiFi network if you are the owner/admin of the network. It's also not too hard for someone else on the same WiFi connection to capture your data. One of the best ways to protect yourself on a free/public WiFi is to VPN back to your own personal home router, that way you're just tunneling through the free/public connection and your info will be encrypted.

And how do I do that? If it's not too much to ask.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
And how do I do that? If it's not too much to ask.

No, it's not too much to ask, but unfortunately, VPN settings vary from router to router. One of the first thing to do is ensure you have a VPN enabled router at home. Then, typically you go into the router settings and under "services," "security," or maybe "advanced settings" you will find an option to enable "VPN" or "VPN Passthrough" or oftentimes it will be called "PPTP." Once enabled, you will need to configure it much like you would secure your WiFi by entering various data such as; a name, password, and assigning it an IP address. After you have configured your home router, use the VPN feature on Android to connect to the VPN you just setup. This may sound a bit complicated, but I'm sure a Google search about your router will simplify things quite nicely.

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not too much to ask, but unfortunately, VPN settings vary from router to router. One of the first thing to do is ensure you have a VPN enabled router at home. Then, typically you go into the router settings and under "services," "security," or maybe "advanced settings" you will find an option to enable "VPN" or "VPN Passthrough" or oftentimes it will be called "PPTP." Once enabled, you will need to configure it much like you would secure your WiFi by entering various data such as; a name, password, and assigning it an IP address. After you have configured your home router, use the VPN feature on Android to connect to the VPN you just setup. This may sound a bit complicated, but I'm sure a Google search about your router will simplify things quite nicely.

Thank you!!
I'll have to do some research when I have the time. I don't understand much about this things and I don't wanna mess with my router settings.
I have an apple thingy that amplify the WiFi too (not very good) and I'll have to see if this interferes.
Or maybe I'll just call someone. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85