Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 127
Like Tree80Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Reading through a lot of forums, and postings I have noticed a common trend. Many people (myself included) simply do not like the practices of Apple as a company. This would be a fair and accurate statement. But the animosity towards such a company would not normally be warranted unless they as a company had personally done something to you or one of your beloved devices, this statement could probably also be considered fair and accurate (I would assume from experience). This leaves us with their loyal fans, a.k.a. "fan-boys." Yes this is where I hold the most disgust, with them as a company. The mindless droves that line up to buy the new iphone 5 simply because it is an apple product. Lets be honest, the iphone 5 I am sure is a great phone, probably can not deny that given apple's history of products. Yes apple does make excellent products, its their tight grip and control over their products that most android users can not stand.

    I must admit I hate the fan-boys more than apple itself. As I said I am sure the iphone 5 is a great phone, but it honestly is not that big of an improvement over the 4s, it really isn't. Yet droves of loyal fans line up and sell the phone out in a matter of hours, crash web sites with online ordering, and go on and on about getting one. Yes, is it fair to ask you readers of Android central that your number one reason for not liking apple, is because of the way their customer base behaves? It is my number one reason, I can not count the number of times I have heard people talking about their devices and make totally false statements. I am in the tech field (full time student Networking Systems Administrator) I keep up on all techy stuff because I love too, it fascinates me. Even my own brother (a huge apple fan) admits part of his like for apple's products is he feels that owning one is a status symbol. A way of saying "I can afford ridiculously expensive things."

    So Android Central readers, this is not an apple bashing thread (or discussion on apple vs. android), I would just simply like to know, is it the fans (loyal customers of apple) that drive you so crazy?
    Thanked by 3:
    funkylogik and MERCDROID like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Oh look, it's another apple thread.....In the galaxy s3 section...... How original

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by 3:
  3. #3  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    i agree with most of what you say apart from that hardware wise, the ip5 is a pretty big hardware upgrade but will the average i-user really notice or care? i doubt it.
    also i hate the company policies more than the fanboys, theyre the type of people who want to "fit in" and apple gives them that tribal sense of bein part of something big.
    but its the way the patent laws (especialy in the US (sorry)) that i hate most. they really need changed in a big way
    nice post btw man

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    MERCDROID likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Oh look, it's another apple thread.....In the galaxy s3 section...... How original

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Then don't join in, I am sure you have other things to do? Like I said it is not an apple bashing thread or android vs. apple thread, just a question really.
    f1nzup, jimrx7 and funkylogik like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    My problem with Apple is for many reasons, some of which you outlined. I will list them below:

    1. Their authoritarian attitude - you can do with your Apple product ONLY what we allow you to and ONLY with our "approved" software. I still cannot email a pdf, MP3, document, or zip file, whatever from my phone to my band mate, my wife, etc because they have their own silly reasons for not allowing me to.

    2. They omit simple features for so damn long for no reason. Why did it take all these years for individual signatures on email accounts?? In a business environment it's a problem, They also take forever to incorporate new tech, like why didn't the iPhone 4 or 4S have 4G?

    3. They flat out lie in their advertisements, and this reeeally bothers me. The reason there are none, or little, viruses on the Mac systems were due to their limited market share. Even the airport terminal screens are running Windows. EVERY OS is susceptible to viruses, malware, and hacking, even Unix/Linux. Of course those systems are more protected, but do you know how difficult it is to run such a secured system as Unix/Linux in a business environment? People really do complain having to enter their password every time they want to install a software or perform certain actions. And Apple claims everything they do, even if it's been out and in use for many years, is *brand new* and "revolutionary".

    4. They overcharge significantly for their hardware.

    5. They flat out abuse the legal and patent systems. They also bully smaller (who isn't smaller than Apple these days) companies that have no relevance or threat to Apple. Why send a cease and desist to a German cafe who's name is Apfelkind???? Scum of the Earth I tell ya.

    6. They stole most of the tech that made them famous but now whine about being copied and "stolen" from.

    7. They try to monopolize every industry they step foot in.

    8. They don't give an ounce of credit to any company who's tech is incorporated in their devices but again act like they invented it.

    Man, I could go on and on, but I have to order food and have dinner. I have no more time to keep going. I think you get the point.


    Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush37 View Post
    Then don't join in, I am sure you have other things to do? Like I said it is not an apple bashing thread or android vs. apple thread, just a question really.
    I have no problem with your thread, i have a problem with your inability read and follow directions

    There is an iphone /ios forum o, android Central

    And this obviously isn't it

    But thanks for cluttering the Samsung forum, we sure needed another thread to skip over

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clearing the air.. with Apple.-uploadfromtaptalk1348102000093.jpg  
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I have no problem with your thread, i have a problem with your inability read and follow directions

    There is an iphone /ios forum o, android Central

    And this obviously isn't it

    But thanks for cluttering the Samsung forum, we sure needed another thread to skip over

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    You are welcome, glad I could help.
    Archienj7 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush37 View Post
    You are welcome, glad I could help.
    Btw, sorry for sounding like a dooche, just tired of apple threads in this part of the forum

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik and MERCDROID like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Its okay and I understand about the apple threads. I posted here because I see so much hate towards apple in this section and figured the biggest audience for my question may reply.
  11. #11  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Btw, sorry for sounding like a dooche, just tired of apple threads in this part of the forum

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    im sick of them too but this one had a different spin to it: whats worse, the company or the customers
    i think the reason iphone posts are so rife here is due to the amount of people who moved from ios to the s3
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    whats the big yellow icon in status bar btw mate?

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  13. #13  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    The fact that the fan-boys are all hyped up cause they have it lol,it annoys me. Plus seeing it EVERYWHERE in all my classes bugs me and makes me realize how dumb and how much people will do to feel "part of the crowd" Keep in mind this is Highschool. I swear,over 60% of the school owns an iphone,39% android,and 1% other. I however fall into the .001%. I have the only samsung galaxy s3 in school lol. I've only seen the s,and s2. Nobody else has anything better then this bad boy,not even the 80% iphone lovers lol.

    Sent from my S3(:
  14. #14  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    The fact that the fan-boys are all hyped up cause they have it lol,it annoys me. Plus seeing it EVERYWHERE in all my classes bugs me and makes me realize how dumb and how much people will do to feel "part of the crowd" Keep in mind this is Highschool. I swear,over 60% of the school owns an iphone,39% android,and 1% other. I however fall into the .001%. I have the only samsung galaxy s3 in school lol. I've only seen the s,and s2. Nobody else has anything better then this bad boy,not even the 80% iphone lovers lol.

    Sent from my S3(:
    dont let it bug you then mate... feel quietly proud

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  15. #15  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    dont let it bug you then mate... feel quietly proud

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    Oh no,trust me friend,i am proud lol. My friend,he's an iphone user and when i let him play around with my s3 for a few min he then and there decided that he's gettin the s3 whenever his contract expires lol.

    Sent from my S3(:
    funkylogik likes this.
  16. #16  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    yeah one of my best mates wants one when his student loan comes but ive told him to get an iphone lol. he's so un-tech minded and lazy so id have to do everything for him so an iphone would really suit him better (and he dresses like a mosher, not the poser image concious type) i havent told him that ios doesnt do flash though and he's a free porn addict but maybe it'l encourage him to find a real girl (once he gets sick of talkin dirty to siri)

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    Archienj7 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    im sick of them too but this one had a different spin to it: whats worse, the company or the customers
    i think the reason iphone posts are so rife here is due to the amount of people who moved from ios to the s3
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    I think the customers are worse, the ones that don't do research before they buy the product and just see a commercial or a friend with the device and decide that's enough for a purchase

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  18. #18  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    well they say ignorance is bliss lol
    i dont mind apple or i-fans unless they try n hold back android with their endless law suits

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    MERCDROID likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    My point is that I don't care for Walmart. When ever I have a chance or the option too I will do my shopping at Target because I like their stores better. Not liking a company is no big deal really, you just do business somewhere else. Apple really seems to be different they get under peoples skin, and my opinion on why is because of their customers, making uninformed decisions then spouting off about it so much, that has android users so riled up. I don't care for apple myself, but they really don't affect me one way or another. When my brother says stupid stuff like "I like having the ipad because its a status symbol" and he has no other real reason for choosing it over another tablet it is irritating to listen too. Now I know some apple users are well informed and make educated buying decisions, but for the most part I don't think many of their customers do. That video floating around here proves it lol.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    I have nothing against Apple users. I actually recommend certain people to Apple products because they are not technically inclined and just lazy when it comes to doing things themselves. The ones that get me irate are the elitist minded individuals that try to make you feel that you are stupid for owning an Android phone because the iphone is THE BEST, MOST SUPERIOR phone on the planet!! I usually walk away and let them wallow in their own delusions, lol!
    Last edited by GrooveRite; 09-19-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    funkylogik and MERCDROID like this.
  21. #21  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    in a lot of ways it has paralels to the US (and other countries) voting system i think

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    What bothers me more than apple fanboys are android fanboys that take a high and mighty attitude and then deny they are fanboys. (not directed at anyone in this thread)

    All fanboys are irritating.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    monkeyluis and MERCDROID like this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    What bothers me more than apple fanboys are android fanboys that take a high and mighty attitude and then deny they are fanboys. (not directed at anyone in this thread)

    All fanboys are irritating.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Operating systems are all about preference imo, some people think things are fact



    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  24. #24  
    gabead's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    I agree with him no offence but you really didn't say anything different from the other Apple threads.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #25  
    byrds8's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

    Default Re: Clearing the air.. with Apple.

    Even the most UN-techy person can use Android. My mother-in-law recently got a S2 Skyrocket and gets around on it just fine. Granted she cant do some things because she doesn't know how but she will get the hang of it.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whats the deal with Kies Air showing random items?
    By myoo2182 in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 11:54 PM
  3. The problems I have with Apple thread.
    By Sheepdog Elite in forum iPhone/iOS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
  4. Difference in rooting phone with computer and over the air???
    By georgiadaisy in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 04:12 PM
  5. Can I obtain/clear the data off of an Incredible with a broken screen?
    By irishjoeyo in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

B