Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

The clipboard button? Don't seem to have one. What is it, where is it located?

Unnecessarily rude! I need answers, not lip. I am under warranty, so I can't root. Your other fix involves a lot of work with no real guarantee that it won't happen again - if we can't say what's causing the problem...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Blunk View Post
    Unnecessarily rude! I need answers, not lip. I am under warranty, so I can't root. Your other fix involves a lot of work with no real guarantee that it won't happen again - if we can't say what's causing the problem...
    If I knew what caused this issue I would have mentioned it in the OP, we can only assume it's caused by a bug within the Chrome APK.

After having this issue once I have never gotten it again. Nobody in this thread has mentioned having this problem again. If you aren't willing to do it yourself than take advantage of this warranty you've been mentioning and get a replacement. You don't have other options as far as I can tell, and you should be grateful somebody (me) at least tried to shed some light on this issue and offer reasonable fixes. Sorry they dont live up to your standards.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Last edited by jaj6503; 12-05-2012 at 10:20 PM.

I think this is an operating system problem, not application specific. I hope the right people are monitoring these sites. One never knows. They wouldn't admit it anyway - if it's there are alternatives like silence.

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I've only had the issue once as well. I ended up doing a factory reset and that fixed my problem. FYI, you can root, even under warranty, as long as you don't flash a custom ROM, then it will not trip the flash counter....or so they say. I've yet to even find the flash counter on my phone. This may not be for your exact model, but here's an example. Doesn't hurt to look around and see if there's an option.

Sooo, I rooted my device, (and I know the root worked because I was able to install Root Explorer and give i Super-user permissions) and I cleared out my data/clipboard file... But I am unable to complete the last step.. When I go to find the "Test Service" app in my application manager, it already says this app is 0.00kB in size and the "Clear Data" button is greyed out and doesnt let me clear its data... (It already shows this app as being 0.00B in size.) Because of this, I am still unable to copy/paste without having the app I'm using crash. Any ideas?

Nevermind lol... My bad... I just had to restart my phone after completing all those steps (*facepalm*)
    Srambo217 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Users

***HERE is a NO ROOT and NO FACTORY RESET option***

1. Download and update Samsung Kies on your desktop
    2. Plug in your phone to computer using USB
    3. Update phone Firmware to the latest version.
    4. DONE

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Duzio; 12-06-2012 at 11:33 AM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Duzio View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Users

4. DONE

Problem solved.
    If others can verify this works I will add this to the OP.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    This issue is easily fixed and only needs to be done once.
    Incorrect. This bug can happen again. All signs point to this being a bug with the Samsung TouchWiz clipboard code.

I strongly encourage everyone to visit the Samsung forum where folks are giving the developers additional details so that this bug can be fixed. See
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Duzio View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Users

4. DONE

Problem solved.
    I have just tested this, and it does not fix the problem in my case. With a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running stock ICS, Kies gives the message "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies." - therefore, there is no way to update my firmware it seems.
    Thanked by:

This bug was fixed for me when I updated to jelly bean.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Originally Posted by jaj6503
    This issue is easily fixed and only needs to be done once.
    Incorrect. This bug can happen again. All signs point to this being a bug with the Samsung TouchWiz clipboard code.

I strongly encourage everyone to visit the Samsung forum where folks are giving the developers additional details so that this bug can be fixed. See
    Well when folks here say otherwise, I'll update the OP. So far it's worked for everyone in this thread and nobody here has gotten it again.

I'm concerned with helping our board members, results from outside sources are not influential to my post on AC.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Thanked by:

Please! Your help is much appreciated, but why so harsh and personal?

- - - Updated - - -

Please! Your help is much appreciated, but why so harsh and personal?

I'm concerned with helping our board members, results from outside sources are not influential to my post on AC.
    How myopic of you. A simple Google search of this problem will show you that this is a major problem and rooting/factory resetting is only a temporary fix. But whatever.

To say you are not interested in the only outside source that matters (the official Samsung support thread) is laughable. I hope others reading this thread take a peek at what I posted.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by Empty J View Post
    How myopic of you. A simple Google search of this problem will show you that this is a major problem and rooting/factory resetting is only a temporary fix. But whatever.

To say you are not interested in the only outside source that matters (the official Samsung support thread) is laughable. I hope others reading this thread take a peek at what I posted.
    Hahaha, why are you mad?

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-

Well when folks here say otherwise, I'll update the OP. So far it's worked for everyone in this thread and nobody here has gotten it again.
    I have. First time I FDRed, and it was back within a week. *glare* Not wanting to go through the bother of a reset again, I rooted the phone. It's been good for about a month now.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Hmm, seems to me that some of you feel entitled to information and alternatives which I don't possess. Let's get a couple things straight.

I don't owe anyone a single thing. I've provided a rather simple approach to fix this issue yourselves that has worked for me and several other users. Is this the end all be all fix? Probably not. But that's not my concern. I'm sharing the small bit of related information I have and that's that. If you want to be upset with someone I suggest you contact Samsung and make a stink with them and if you have an issue with this thread than by all means contact the mods and let them decide whether or not it's relevant to the community.

Happy Holidays!

My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Last edited by jaj6503; 12-18-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Hmm, seems to me that some of you feel entitled to information and alternatives which I don't possess. Let's get a couple things straight.

I don't owe anyone a single thing. I've provided a rather simple approach to fix this issue yourselves that has worked for me and several other users. Is this the end all be all fix? Probably not. But that's not my concern. I'm sharing the small bit of related information I have and that's that. If you want to be upset with someone I suggest you contact Samsung and make a stink with them and if you have an issue with this thread than by all means contact the mods and let them decide whether or not it relevant to the community.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Users

4. DONE

Problem solved.
    This did not work for me. But thanks for the idea. I would love to see a non-reset and non-root solution. This is an unacceptable flaw in Android.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES COPYING AND PASTING TEXT (IE: Forces Closes or it's simply not complying) the issue is assumed to be caused by a bug between Chrome, your clipboard database, and potentially TestServices. It is hard to pinpoint the exact reason but it appears it only effects users who have downloaded the Chrome browser.

I see these threads pop up often. Figured I'd make a reference thread for this issue:

I had this exact same issue and after fixing this issue once, I haven't gotten it again.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Thanks appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    This just happened to me. It took 30 seconds to fix using option 2 by "jaj6503". Worked perfect!!!
    Srambo217 likes this.

I've just had an OTA update from Samsung (2nd JellyBean update) which has resolved the issue
    Srambo217 likes this.

Sir we have many explorers in playstore, which is better p.s i tryed one ES but i can see flipboard in data folder no clipboard.!? Plz help
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Sir we have many explorers in playstore, which is better p.s i tryed one ES but i can see flipboard in data folder no clipboard.!? Plz help
    You need to be rooted and use ROOT Explorer dude.

My Podcast-
    My Blog-

Ok, then! Enough time wasted here! Back to the Samsung forum...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast