Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

Quote Originally Posted by clemenscat View Post
    Does this fix with root work with galaxy 4?
    You ran into this problem with the s4?

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem on a Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 32Gb?

Will rooting affect my already spotty 4-G LTE connection?

Thanks from an Android Noob!
    Thomas

PhysAssist,
    Although your tablet won't have a dialer to clear the clipboard through, you should be able to use the stock Messaging app to perform the same steps.
    What happens when you try to clear the clipboard?

Anyway, to answer your question, rooting will not affect your reception - it doesn't mess with the radios. If you were to try to load a different ROM (CM for example) that might replace the radios.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I too have the same problem.
    Every time I try to copy and paste with chrome, it would force close on me.
    I have the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 4g lte.

I had this problem like 3 times. I try the root method, but it said I needed a computer or something.
    I even talk to the galaxy support guy and he couldn't even fix it.
    Maybe I'll hard reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    I've has the s4 since day one, no issues yet with copy paste

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Thread cleaned, and bickering posts deleted.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

Ever since my phone received the update on 1/10/14, every time I try to copy or paste, the phone restarts. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Verizon Wireless. I do not have Chrome. I have never downloaded any apps. There is only one small text on the clipboard. Also, there is no longer any way to clear the clipboard, like there used to be. Everything had been fine for a year, until this recent update. I tried Samsung's live chat, and they were no help. If anyone has any simple solutions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, how can I get Samsung to fix this? It doesn't seem right that they can just come along and reduce the usefulness of a product I already own.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlycozy View Post
    There is only one small text on the clipboard.
    Are you unable to bring up the Clipboard by long-pressing within the Phone dialer app? If it does come up, can you clear it?

If you haven't performed a Factory Reset since the update it would be a good idea.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, the clipboard comes up, but there is no longer any way to clear it like there used to be.
    Is there a setting for factory reset? What are the negative aspects of doing that? Will I lose all my photos?
    Thank you very much!

Yes, the clipboard comes up, but there is no longer any way to clear it like there used to be.
    You're saying that the 'Clear' button is no longer shown?
    Is there a setting for factory reset? What are the negative aspects of doing that? Will I lose all my photos?
    You can either boot into Recovery mode and perform the Factory Reset from there, or go to Settings -> Accounts -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset

If your photos are stored on the internal memory (rather than an SD card) then they will be lost. If you have an SD card you should store them there instead; and also back them up to your PC; and back them up to the cloud just to be safe (you can use something like Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id...uddrive.photos).

You can also use the Kies software on your PC to make a backup of most of the important information on your phone. If you have 4.3 firmware on your phone and Kies v3 you can even backup the apps on the phone (I'm not sure about the app data - you could use Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup for that).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, that's right, the "Clear" button is no longer shown. When I select the clipboard,*nothing happens for a second, and then the phone restarts. Thank you so much for all your help!

When I select the clipboard,*nothing happens for a second, and then the phone restarts.
    You could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

I looked through the built-in apps list but can't remember where the Clipboard lives; otherwise it might be possible to just clear the cache for that app and correct the problem. Sorry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234