[HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
How myopic of you. A simple Google search of this problem will show you that this is a major problem and rooting/factory resetting is only a temporary fix. But whatever.

To say you are not interested in the only outside source that matters (the official Samsung support thread) is laughable. I hope others reading this thread take a peek at what I posted.

Hahaha, why are you mad?

Galaxy SIII - Thanks Appreciated!
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

nmoira

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well when folks here say otherwise, I'll update the OP. So far it's worked for everyone in this thread and nobody here has gotten it again.
I have. First time I FDRed, and it was back within a week. *glare* Not wanting to go through the bother of a reset again, I rooted the phone. It's been good for about a month now.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, seems to me that some of you feel entitled to information and alternatives which I don't possess. Let's get a couple things straight.

I don't owe anyone a single thing. I've provided a rather simple approach to fix this issue yourselves that has worked for me and several other users. Is this the end all be all fix? Probably not. But that's not my concern. I'm sharing the small bit of related information I have and that's that. If you want to be upset with someone I suggest you contact Samsung and make a stink with them and if you have an issue with this thread than by all means contact the mods and let them decide whether or not it's relevant to the community.

Happy Holidays!

Galaxy SIII - Thanks Appreciated!
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

nmoira

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, seems to me that some of you feel entitled to information and alternatives which I don't possess. Let's get a couple things straight.

I don't owe anyone a single thing. I've provided a rather simple approach to fix this issue yourselves that has worked for me and several other users. Is this the end all be all fix? Probably not. But that's not my concern. I'm sharing the small bit of related information I have and that's that. If you want to be upset with someone I suggest you contact Samsung and make a stink with them and if you have an issue with this thread than by all means contact the mods and let them decide whether or not it relevant to the community.

:confused:

Peter Cutter

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 Users

***HERE is a NO ROOT and NO FACTORY RESET option***

1. Download and update Samsung Kies on your desktop
2. Plug in your phone to computer using USB
3. Update phone Firmware to the latest version.
4. DONE

Problem solved.

This did not work for me. But thanks for the idea. I would love to see a non-reset and non-root solution. This is an unacceptable flaw in Android.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES COPYING AND PASTING TEXT (IE: Forces Closes or it's simply not complying) the issue is assumed to be caused by a bug between Chrome, your clipboard database, and potentially TestServices. It is hard to pinpoint the exact reason but it appears it only effects users who have downloaded the Chrome browser.

I see these threads pop up often. Figured I'd make a reference thread for this issue:

I had this exact same issue and after fixing this issue once, I haven't gotten it again.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Thanks appreciated ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
This just happened to me. It took 30 seconds to fix using option 2 by "jaj6503". Worked perfect!!!

Majid Khan

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sir we have many explorers in playstore, which is better p.s i tryed one ES but i can see flipboard in data folder no clipboard.!? Plz help

Priyam Datta

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the solution! Finally! :D
Do i have to BUY the Root Explorer? In the Android Market it is paid. Is there a free version? I don't wanna buy :(

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

mallywest

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
worked for me. had to find another root explorer that i could get for free but other than that it worked easy as.... i must say though.. SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG! I am thinking HTC for me next time!:D

bardnizam

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES COPYING AND PASTING TEXT (IE: Forces Closes or it's simply not complying) the issue is assumed to be caused by a bug between Chrome, your clipboard database, and potentially TestServices. It is hard to pinpoint the exact reason but it appears it only effects users who have downloaded the Chrome browser.

I see these threads pop up often. Figured I'd make a reference thread for this issue:

I had this exact same issue and after fixing this issue once, I haven't gotten it again.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Thanks appreciated ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Thnx so much, the second option works on my rooted PT7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.4. Copy paste only not working on chrome. So i stay away from using it. Thnx again :)

Steven S

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
OTA = Over The Air .. which occurs automatically when an update is available for your device, or if you force it via Settings/About Phone/Update

latest jb for S3 devices is 4.1.1 in most of america and 4.1.2 on international version

Steven S

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
interesting thread, sort of, lol

it fascinates Me how many people look upon rooting as bad or undesirable.. must be the same people that use 25% of the capability of their computer, or have a smartphone but don't use calendars nor alarms for events, reminders and meetings.. and are horrified at removing the tag on their mattress :p

rooting opens the power of android and makes you, the owner, the boss of your device
  • make complete nandroid backup of device
  • use apps like Titanium backup to backup every/any app WITH data and settings, anywhere, restore anytime
  • use Titanium to uninstall system bloatware like s-voice, s-memo, flipboard, etc
  • modify props to tweak system settings and improve speed, battery duration, wifi scan delay, etc etc
  • and, fix issues like clipboard copy+paste problems

as for this copy/paste issue... it can be fixed (temporarily) by clearing the clipboard and the cache partitions and possibly fixing corrupted permissions on the clipboard folder

you can clear unlocked clipboard items by going into the messaging app, bring up the keyboard, tap and hold, clipboard, clear

you cannot clear locked items (owned by individual apps) without being superuser (root) .. which is as simple as mentioned above.. deleting the contents of the /data/clipboard folder

I have not been on stock recovery in a LONG time, but it may be possible to wipe the cache partition from there

the permissions on the /data/clipboard folder should be rwx for owner, group and other.. if this somehow got changed (by a system app), you can fix it manually as root via Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
using Fix Permissions from recovery mode is tricky because it attempts to fix All permissions on All folders

running jb 4.1.1 on My S3, rooted, TWRP recovery, de-bloated, tweaked, buttery smooth, 26 hours battery per charge with 3+ hours screen time. :D

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz