[HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES COPYING AND PASTING TEXT (IE: Forces Closes or it's simply not complying) the issue is assumed to be caused by a bug between Chrome, your clipboard database, and potentially TestServices. It is hard to pinpoint the exact reason but it appears it only effects users who have downloaded the Chrome browser.

I see these threads pop up often. Figured I'd make a reference thread for this issue:

I had this exact same issue and after fixing this issue once, I haven't gotten it again.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Thanks appreciated ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy/Paste Issue

i miss ad-free too.
what is this copy paste problem mate.. in which ciicumumstances/apps does it happen?
p.s can i recommend an app "Clip It" for peogle who do a lot of pasting ;)
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

uk786

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You absolute star!

Many many thanks for this. My clipboard was playing up and step 2 fixed it saving me having to do a dreaded wipe.

And yes registered just to show my appreciation! :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
i miss ad-free too.
what is this copy paste problem mate.. in which ciicumumstances/apps does it happen?
p.s can i recommend an app "Clip It" for peogle who do a lot of pasting ;)
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Didn't happen in any specific app. It just some how stops working. Every time you try to copy or cut, no matter what app it wouldn't do it and sometimes it would even force close the app. Very annoying. Good thing I was rooted :)

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What the bigger issue is what in the world is causing this? It's crap like this that makes me strongly consider apple

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
What the bigger issue is what in the world is causing this? It's crap like this that makes me strongly consider apple

That's your prerogative, but you're jumping the gun rather quickly.

This issue is easily fixed and only needs to be done once.

People with the iPhone 4 still can't hold it with their left hand, the iPhone 5 literally chips away over time, and their map database is hot garbage. Things you can't fix in 5 minutes. So nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean it only needs to be done once? if it happens again, then i have to waste a whole day setting it up all over again...

im not rooted, nor want to

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean it only needs to be done once? if it happens again, then i have to waste a whole day setting it up all over again...

im not rooted, nor want to

Look I'm not going to delve into detail, if you would rather complain about a repairable issue to people who not only don't develope software for Samsung, but have pointed out a fix for you than you'll have to proceed alone. The help is there if you want it. I will not be responding to you furthermore.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Look I'm not going to delve into detail, if you would rather complain about a repairable issue to people who not only don't develope software for Samsung, but have pointed out a fix for you than you'll have to proceed alone. The help is there if you want it. I will not be responding to you furthermore.

take a chill pill

im simply trying to figure out the cause of this issue, so I can prevent it from happening again

did you have chrome installed when it happened? im thinking that may be the culprit

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
take a chill pill

im simply trying to figure out the cause of this issue, so I can prevent it from happening again

did you have chrome installed when it happened? im thinking that may be the culprit

i get your point. im the type of person who wants to know WHY.
hence why i did good at physics in school but crap at maths (math) where it was taught how to find a solution but not how it worked :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
After two minutes of searching, I just found this thread. I find it easier, (coming as a moderator on sister site, webOS Nation) to just report the thread, and ask that it be stickied. It gets the site moderators attention far easier than making a post in the thread, that they might miss, especially on this site that has literally hundreds and hundreds of threads. Just started having this problem myself, and was wondering what was going on. Thanks to OP for simple directions. Not sure which root.....(groan)...I'm going to take. Probably just do a factory reset.....it isn't the end of the world if you go about it the right way, I'll just have to do a bit of reading and find out which way is easiest.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
After two minutes of searching, I just found this thread. I find it easier, (coming as a moderator on sister site, webOS Nation) to just report the thread, and ask that it be stickied. It gets the site moderators attention far easier than making a post in the thread, that they might miss, especially on this site that has literally hundreds and hundreds of threads. Just started having this problem myself, and was wondering what was going on. Thanks to OP for simple directions. Not sure which root.....(groan)...I'm going to take. Probably just do a factory reset.....it isn't the end of the world if you go about it the right way, I'll just have to do a bit of reading and find out which way is easiest.

No problem, and this by far the simplest root method (for Verizon devices anyway):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1883984

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay I got one with root access and it shows the data file and it says there's 0 files in it

You're rooted? I can navigate there no problem with Root Explorer.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350700195789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350700195789.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 631

Jeremy Bardet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
to root, i just followed simple instructions on galaxys3root.com. Make sure to just click on the link that matches up with your device. And with this root, it has nothing to do with ROMs or any other major hacks.

And I can confirm, the root route worked for me! (try sayin' that one ten times fast!)

Jeremy
Verizon Samsung Galaxy gs3
SCH-i535 rooted but not doing anything with it yet... probably just going to wait for JB to come to us naturally in December

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i need someone to give me PM pc help if anyones bored and charitable :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs