Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES COPYING AND PASTING TEXT (IE: Forces Closes or it's simply not complying) the issue is assumed to be caused by a bug between Chrome, your clipboard database, and potentially TestServices. It is hard to pinpoint the exact reason but it appears it only effects users who have downloaded the Chrome browser.

    I see these threads pop up often. Figured I'd make a reference thread for this issue:

    I had this exact same issue and after fixing this issue once, I haven't gotten it again.

    You have 2 options;

    1) Factory Restore your device

    2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

    I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

    Thanks appreciated

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy/Paste Issue

    i miss ad-free too.
    what is this copy paste problem mate.. in which ciicumumstances/apps does it happen?
    p.s can i recommend an app "Clip It" for peogle who do a lot of pasting
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  3. #3  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    You absolute star!

    Many many thanks for this. My clipboard was playing up and step 2 fixed it saving me having to do a dreaded wipe.

    And yes registered just to show my appreciation!
    Thanked by:
    vudugan and Srambo217 like this.
  4. #4  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,114 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    i miss ad-free too.
    what is this copy paste problem mate.. in which ciicumumstances/apps does it happen?
    p.s can i recommend an app "Clip It" for peogle who do a lot of pasting
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    Didn't happen in any specific app. It just some how stops working. Every time you try to copy or cut, no matter what app it wouldn't do it and sometimes it would even force close the app. Very annoying. Good thing I was rooted
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    Rhoq's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Both are rooted, stock

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Thank you. Just fixed via Root Explorer.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Rhoq
  6. #6  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    What the bigger issue is what in the world is causing this? It's crap like this that makes me strongly consider apple
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    What the bigger issue is what in the world is causing this? It's crap like this that makes me strongly consider apple
    That's your prerogative, but you're jumping the gun rather quickly.

    This issue is easily fixed and only needs to be done once.

    People with the iPhone 4 still can't hold it with their left hand, the iPhone 5 literally chips away over time, and their map database is hot garbage. Things you can't fix in 5 minutes. So nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:
    evq.003, Sole07 and neiljay6 like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    what do you mean it only needs to be done once? if it happens again, then i have to waste a whole day setting it up all over again...

    im not rooted, nor want to
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    what do you mean it only needs to be done once? if it happens again, then i have to waste a whole day setting it up all over again...

    im not rooted, nor want to
    Look I'm not going to delve into detail, if you would rather complain about a repairable issue to people who not only don't develope software for Samsung, but have pointed out a fix for you than you'll have to proceed alone. The help is there if you want it. I will not be responding to you furthermore.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    Look I'm not going to delve into detail, if you would rather complain about a repairable issue to people who not only don't develope software for Samsung, but have pointed out a fix for you than you'll have to proceed alone. The help is there if you want it. I will not be responding to you furthermore.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    take a chill pill

    im simply trying to figure out the cause of this issue, so I can prevent it from happening again

    did you have chrome installed when it happened? im thinking that may be the culprit
  11. #11  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    take a chill pill

    im simply trying to figure out the cause of this issue, so I can prevent it from happening again

    did you have chrome installed when it happened? im thinking that may be the culprit
    i get your point. im the type of person who wants to know WHY.
    hence why i did good at physics in school but crap at maths (math) where it was taught how to find a solution but not how it worked

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  12. #12  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    This thread deserves a sticky.
  13. #13  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    568 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    After two minutes of searching, I just found this thread. I find it easier, (coming as a moderator on sister site, webOS Nation) to just report the thread, and ask that it be stickied. It gets the site moderators attention far easier than making a post in the thread, that they might miss, especially on this site that has literally hundreds and hundreds of threads. Just started having this problem myself, and was wondering what was going on. Thanks to OP for simple directions. Not sure which root.....(groan)...I'm going to take. Probably just do a factory reset.....it isn't the end of the world if you go about it the right way, I'll just have to do a bit of reading and find out which way is easiest.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by 3:
    Srambo217 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge007 View Post
    After two minutes of searching, I just found this thread. I find it easier, (coming as a moderator on sister site, webOS Nation) to just report the thread, and ask that it be stickied. It gets the site moderators attention far easier than making a post in the thread, that they might miss, especially on this site that has literally hundreds and hundreds of threads. Just started having this problem myself, and was wondering what was going on. Thanks to OP for simple directions. Not sure which root.....(groan)...I'm going to take. Probably just do a factory reset.....it isn't the end of the world if you go about it the right way, I'll just have to do a bit of reading and find out which way is easiest.
    No problem, and this by far the simplest root method (for Verizon devices anyway):

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1883984

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Okay I'm rooted and I went to go find the file and I got this.
    [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue-what.png

    Am I in the wrong place where is my data file?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by vapidteens View Post
    Okay I'm rooted and I went to go find the file and I got this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	42154

    Am I in the wrong place where is my data file?
    It's because your file explorer does not have root access. Please use ROOT Explorer (as stated in the OP).

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:
    sfrrr 
  17. #17  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Okay I got one with root access and it shows the data file and it says there's 0 files in it
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by vapidteens View Post
    Okay I got one with root access and it shows the data file and it says there's 0 files in it
    You're rooted? I can navigate there no problem with Root Explorer.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue-uploadfromtaptalk1350700195789.jpg  
    funkylogik likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    to root, i just followed simple instructions on galaxys3root.com. Make sure to just click on the link that matches up with your device. And with this root, it has nothing to do with ROMs or any other major hacks.

    And I can confirm, the root route worked for me! (try sayin' that one ten times fast!)

    Jeremy
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy gs3
    SCH-i535 rooted but not doing anything with it yet... probably just going to wait for JB to come to us naturally in December
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    i need someone to give me PM pc help if anyones bored and charitable

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  21. #21  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    i get your point. im the type of person who wants to know WHY.
    hence why i did good at physics in school but crap at maths (math) where it was taught how to find a solution but not how it worked

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    just reread this forum for random reasons lol and realised your response to Jaj was worded a bit shady and convayed a negative vibe.
    sorry had to say that :beer:


    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  22. #22  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Also, as a preventative maintenance practice (seeing that the solution is essentially rooting then clearing out the clipboard data) you can open up your keyboard (any app) and press and hold the clipboard button and empty all the items in your clipboard before something does get corrupted. I'm not sure if this is 100% fool proof, but I do this regularly because I do a lot of cut and pasting and I don't like clutter, even in my clipboard, and I haven't had a problem yet...
    evq.003 - More intelligent than the average *****!

    "If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you."
    funkylogik likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    Thank you thanks so much so much ! :-)

    I'm so happy

    I just sign up to this forum for appreciating you !



    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Srambo217 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    it would be nice to find out what is causing this problem. Apparently, no one at Samsung or Verizon has EVER heard of this copy paste issue. Has anyone had this problem and NOT had Google Chrome installed?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: [HOW TO] Fix Copy And Paste Not Working Issue

    These 2 options are not good for me. My galaxy 10.1 device is still under warranty, so no rooting. Too much settings and apps to reset and start over. Besides, what's to keep the problem from happening again. If we can't Really fix it, why jump through all the hoops with a temporary Work-around?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [How To] Fix "Most" Boot Loop Issues Caused By Factory Reset
    By mmarz in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  2. How to fix the wifi issue with the
    By tacubano in forum AT&T LG Phoenix/Thrive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
  3. LG Optimus V: How To Highlight-Copy-Paste Text & Find In Page With Browser
    By larrytxeast in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  4. Security Lock Issues - How to Fix?
    By kingzee in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 03:21 PM
  5. How to fix Swype issues and Froyo ROMs.
    By Qazme in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions