Do you use your S3 for work/business?

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
And if so, how? Maybe we can teach each other about new apps or learn new ways to utilize our phones to boost productivity.

I use the Gmail app for my work email. I use ColorNote to take notes of pending tasks, to-do's and reminders, basically a lot of administrative notes. I use the Gnotes app for maintenance related notes (I'm in the real estate industry). I use Calengoo to keep track of my work calendar, my boss's calendar, and my personal calendar. I use text messaging and the phone throughout the business day for communicating with others.

Hopefully there aren't too many other threads like this (I didn't see any).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Touchdown for all of my work information (mail, contacts, calendar). Since my main phone number is on Google Voice, I use the app for SMS. Working in IT, I take a lot of pictures so I use the camera app for that. For remote access, I use both LogMeIn Ignition and Xtralogic Remote Desktop.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Probably 99% of what I do is for business, I am out and about seeing clients and it is an essential tool for me. Previously I would rely on my laptop a lot, but since owning the Droid X and now the S3, my laptop is collecting dust!

Calendar/Agenda: Jorte
Notes: Note Everything; record notes, take picture notes.
Email: AquaMail ; I have 5 accounts setup.
Backup: Gmail; to backup my contacts, email, calendar.
FTP: Solid Explorer; I transfer and upload a lot of files.
Remote access: LogMeIn; I try to carry most of my docs with me (64GB external card), but sometimes I need to access my PC.
Documents to go: for pdf's, excel, word, and powerpoint docs.
FedEx Mobile: I ship a lot of sales documents, training material, and product literature.
Circle Widget: to keep all my work related apps in one spot.

BTW - I have my own business: Sales, Training, Marketing Collateral, and POS material for large corporations.

Last edited:

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to give Note Everything a chance. It has a nice list of features. I'm a sucker for note apps, I've trialed quite a few but finally settled down with ColorNote about a month ago. Don't know how I missed Note Everything. It's downloading now.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I connect to Exchange using the built-in mail and calendaring. Contacts are all in the phone. I work from home so I'm constantly either on the phone or texting people. I use Evernote to make notes, Astrid for task management and Agenda Widget to keep track of it all on one screen. Also, I use Google Voice for Visual Voicemail as I get lots of voicemails during the day as well.The only thing I don't like is the built in Task app as it will not create recurring tasks. Also, if I sync to Exchange the built -in Task app removed the recurrence from the tasks I created in Exchange. I don't sync Tasks any more for that reason and use Astrid for non-Exchange tasks.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No business but school's just a. Much as work so here's my list for school that could apply to your work needs

Note= Evernote, best note taking ever, especially since its cross platforms and I have many devices

Files/backup: 1. Dropbox, backs up my Mac, PC, iPad 2, and phone. Absolutely perfect. 2. Google drive for working on documents.

Computer controlling: Team viewer to use Mac and PC on phone. Unified remote to control PC (mouse, media player remote, keyboard).

Calendar: Google/stock, sync all my calendars from school, Facebook, favorite football team schedules, anything else.

Last but certainly not least. My favorite. Llama profiles. I love having my phone automatically connect to school WiFi, turn my phone on vibrate, turn brightness down, and all this other stuff. It's amazing. Free version of tasker with a better ui and a little less features. Perfect for me though.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
tbh i basicly use mine as a tablet lol (unemployed) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

aptisme

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
As a real estate appraiser, I have been using a smart phone since the days of using my BlackBerry storm. I use the S3 for email and GPS obviously, but the camera is the best I have used yet, especially due to its wider angle as compared to my previous phones and cameras. I use "camera zoom fx" which files all pictures by date, FoxFi, WiFi File Transfer, Automateit, Calendar, all make my work a little easier & TuneIn radio to make my driving around less boring. The only thing I haven't found yet is a very precise short distance measuring app, to replace my laser measure. That would be a nice bonus.

Overall, the S3 is a great device, and all the wireless dlna streaming of home videos, music and pictures from my S3 to my home theater at home, and from my computer to my S3, make my wife and daughters who are iPhone users, very jealous :).

Sent from my rooted SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As a real estate appraiser, I have been using a smart phone since the days of using my BlackBerry storm. I use the S3 for email and GPS obviously, but the camera is the best I have used yet, especially due to its wider angle as compared to my previous phones and cameras. I use "camera zoom fx" which files all pictures by date, FoxFi, WiFi File Transfer, Automateit, Calendar, all make my work a little easier & TuneIn radio to make my driving around less boring. The only thing I haven't found yet is a very precise short distance measuring app, to replace my laser measure. That would be a nice bonus.

Overall, the S3 is a great device, and all the wireless dlna streaming of home videos, music and pictures from my S3 to my home theater at home, and from my computer to my S3, make my wife and daughters who are iPhone users, very jealous :).

Sent from my rooted SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

how is Camera Zoom FX on the s3 mate? ive used it on previous phones. do you still get the zero shutter lag?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Of course, how could I forget to list Dropbox. We use Dropbox in our office so I use it on my phone to access needed documents. Just wish there was a way to access both my personal and work Dropbox accounts from the Dropbox app instead of having to login/out.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Drive and Drop box; Google Calendars with stock calendar app to manage multiple Google calendars; Aquamail for email; CamScanner to scan docs to pdf; Documents to Go for Word, Excel, PPT; Salesforce.com App for CRM. I need a better task manager app, but this thread will no doubt lead me to one. Good idea on the thread!

My company is supposed to be giving us the option to begin using our own devices so we can ditch our BB. I can't wait! I already use my GS3 for a lot of work related functions as it is. It would be nice to get reimbursed.

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Drive and Drop box; Google Calendars with stock calendar app to manage multiple Google calendars; Aquamail for email; CamScanner to scan docs to pdf; Documents to Go for Word, Excel, PPT; Salesforce.com App for CRM. I need a better task manager app, but this thread will no doubt lead me to one. Good idea on the thread!

My company is supposed to be giving us the option to begin using our own devices so we can ditch our BB. I can't wait! I already use my GS3 for a lot of work related functions as it is. It would be nice to get reimbursed.

Lots of great apps that you use, jneusch! I've been wanting to try Google Drive but since I use Dropbox already, I figured that I didn't need it. I see that you are using both. If you dont mind me asking, how do you utilize both? I'd love to have a reason to try Google Drive (I'm a big fan of Google products) without giving up Dropbox.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I sync all my files and folders for work on Google Drive. I get 5gb free and sync between several devices just like Drop Box. I use DB for camera uploads, Titanium back up an other miscellaneous items. I use both so I can get a full 10gb free.

Google Drive also shows up when I am logged into my Google account. I can quickly access a file, if needed while logged in. I can also use it to share something. It's not really much different than DB. I just like Google products too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I sync all my files and folders for work on Google Drive. I get 5gb free and sync between several devices just like Drop Box. I use DB for camera uploads, Titanium back up an other miscellaneous items. I use both so I can get a full 10gb free.

Google Drive also shows up when I am logged into my Google account. I can quickly access a file, if needed while logged in. I can also use it to share something. It's not really much different than DB. I just like Google products too.

Nice. I'll have to download Google Drive and give it a shot. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
how are URLs for something on google drive copied to be pasted? (like on dropbox)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

You should have 55 gigs free mate. Samsung gave us 50 free for drop box. You didn't do the promotion?

Other person. I use drop box to back up everything (files, documents, programs, pictures, and other) across multiple devices while Google drive is just for school/documents (main replacement for Microsoft office).

Funk. Not sure. I think you can make things public and just share the link

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I too use mine for school. I'm in engineering. Going to give ever note a try but mainly I use it for emails. I also have my books online and can retrieve them if needed.

I don't have Internet in my apartment so I use my phone a lot. Battery life is insane on the s3. I really couldn't be happier.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I do email marketing and I use Enhanced Email for exchange, Google Drive with the 5 bucks a year of extra 20gb of storage through Google, I also have 50gb through Box that I got when I bought my HP Touchpad. When I had my Note I used S Memo and Notes a lot for drafting and editing documents along with smart office 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Documents to go is a great app too I used it for reports, time sheets, quickly edit certain forms things like that it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2