It's happening. Apple asks for ban of ALL Samsung smartphones and additional 700 million.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Here it comes. Apple's going for the kill. They request that all Samsung smartphone be banned in the U.S. and ask for an additional 700 million in damages. Holy crap. We never though Apple would win their last lawsuit. What if they win this one too? Case is going to be heard in California again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/app...s-court-to-ban-all-samsung-android-phones-u-s

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
well im not a samsung fanboy and i already have my s3 but im sick n tired of apples lawyers.
havent read the article but im guessin it only applies to US?
EDIT: just read your OP properly lol soz ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
well im not a samsung fanboy and i already have my s3 but im sick n tired of apples lawyers.
havent read the article but im guessin it only applies to US?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Yep. You're safe in Scotland.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
after reading article, if apple succeed then something has to be done about the US patent laws!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Someone seriously need to call out a hit on the head of Apple's Patent Office team cause this is getting ri- -diculous. Does Apple think they own the mobile phone industry or something? This is why I'm proud to live in Canada. you Apple, you're rotten to the core.

rbx0122

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft would love the elimination of Samsung so they could gain a better market for windows phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh geez, relax people, this won't go anywhere. Apple is being obviously too bold after winning the court case here in the states (and so far losing it everywhere else in the world - American bias anyone?). I think it's going to hurt them eventually because no one, even us Americans, likes a monopoly - especially if it's from the world's most valuable company.

Besides, Samsung can still appeal anyway.

Rev.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously not buying anything Apple again... and anybody who asks me for advice... I'm gonna steer them away from Apple.

This is ed.

And you hear about the riots at the iPhone 5 assembly plants in China over work conditions???

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
had to save this though lol...
uploadfromtaptalk1348520201425.jpg

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Someone seriously need to call out a hit on the head of Apple's Patent Office team cause this is getting ri- -diculous. Does Apple think they own the mobile phone industry or something? This is why I'm proud to live in Canada. you Apple, you're rotten to the core.

We should start a Paypal pool or a kickstarter page :)

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I am a fan of Apple, I swear by my Mac and loved my iPhone (switched to the S3 recently, yet still think the iPhone is a great device) but all this stuff that Apple is doing with the lawsuits is a massive turn off. And it is not just with Samsung, Apple was also suing a small delicatessen the other day due to it's logo. Apple is being incredibly greedy and all this will eventually backfire on them. Never before I have seen so much discontent in Apple forums over the iPhone and iOS as I have been seing over the last year nor so much disappointment over an iOS release. Things are brewing up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All this and yet Apple still continues to use and depend on Samsung hardware to build their iPhones & iPads...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All this and yet Apple still continues to use and depend on Samsung hardware to build their iPhones & iPads...

i know it will never happen but what would happen if sammy flat decided not to deal with apple?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I switched to an HTC One X from iphone 4s and so far happy I made the move. I agree with most post I like apple products but they are starting to discuss me.. This is bad for us as there could be less competition. I'm officially ebaying my iPad 2 and gonna get either a transformer prime tablet or a Samsung tablet!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep its a shame.. Samsung needs Apple's business because its no secret they are making major money off Apple by being a major supplier of hardware. Apple needs Samsung for the parts, obviously Sammy has what Apple wants or they would go elsewhere...

The court systems need to realize this and just throw it out of court already... If it was Apple using like Sony hardware components and then suing Samsung it would be easier to swallow but trying to ban and get money from a company your using as a supplier of your internal parts... Just makes no sense at all...

I know there is much more too all this and I'm sure the debaters will come along to correct me and elaborate on this further but lets face it this is so cut and dry .. Apple uses Sammy, Sammy needs Apple. They both need to figure out a way to co exists and Apple needs to just drop the crap and move on... Sell their iPhones, maintain their giant piece of the smartphone market share along side Android and learn to live together.

Apple & Microsoft have figured out how to do it after all these years... Time for Apple to learn how to do the same with Android and its main players like Samsung.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep its a shame.. Samsung needs Apple's business because its no secret they are making major money off Apple by being a major supplier of hardware. Apple needs Samsung for the parts, obviously Sammy has what Apple wants or they would go elsewhere...

The court systems need to realize this and just throw it out of court already... If it was Apple using like Sony hardware components and then suing Samsung it would be easier to swallow but trying to ban and get money from a company your using as a supplier of your internal parts... Just makes no sense at all...

I know there is much more too all this and I'm sure the debaters will come along to correct me and elaborate on this further but lets face it this is so cut and dry .. Apple uses Sammy, Sammy needs Apple. They both need to figure out a way to co exists and Apple needs to just drop the crap and move on... Sell their iPhones, maintain their giant piece of the smartphone market share along side Android and learn to live together.

Apple & Microsoft have figured out how to do it after all these years... Time for Apple to learn how to do the same with Android and its main players like Samsung.

maybe sammy should just introduce a massive price hike on their products for apple to cover the fines theyve incurred?
suppose its already written into the contract though.
hope the production op's rub boogers on the components though lol.
i did that to a Glasgow Rangers player's fork when he had dinner at a hotel i worked in *proud*