There's a very loud talking gremlin in my phone

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Because the android version of Evernote clips only URLs, I use Everwebclipper to, um, clip web pages. I've been using this for several weeks now. About ten minutes ago, in the middle of loading a page using Everwebclipper, a man's voice started telling me about stealth apps that morph themselves to stay ahead of the security programs. Then it cuts off. All the while, Everwebclipper keeps loading in the background, and continues after the gremlin goes away. I want to terminate this commercial with extreme prejudice. And boycott whatever the app it's advertising. Any ideas about how to track down this invader?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ad Network Detector by Lookout Labs mate.
1st time ive heard of a talking ad lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I forgot all about that. I uninstalled lookout when I was worried about my RAM and ROM, and haven't reinstalled it because I knew the phone and I weren't leaving the house much over the last few weeks. (I work at home.)

Thanks. In putting it back NOW.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie I opened this thread just to see what exactly you meant by the title and I laughed.

Another optional way to go about it is if you aren't opposed to rooting your device you can download an app called Ad Free to stop the gremlins from talking in your device.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure it's an app, but what else could it be? I'm clipping something from this forum, something btw that has nothing to do with security, and this guy pops up at the same point during whatever page I'm clipping. If the audio went all the way to its end, I'd at least know what product out was touting, but it stops at the same spot every time and then e Evernote web clipped send the clip off to Evernote.

Evernote doesn't cop to it, the web page doesn't have such a security product showing as an advertiser. So far, it's happened only in that web clipper.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
longshot mate but you dont use light flow do you?
some people have had problems with it messing with accessability settings and talking to you lol.
gremlins lol luv it :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Good try, but no. And it's not happening anymore (thanks to Lookout?). When/if he starts babbling again, I'll bump this thread. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34