PDF's not attaching via Gmail

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to send a pdf file from my external SD card to myself, but when I attach the file and send it, the receive file does not have the attachment. When I go into my sent folder, the sent message also did not have the pdf attachment.

Similarly, I tried sending the pdf file via Gmail to myself through Root Explorer and File Expert and the same thing happened; I just receive a blank email with no pdf attachment.

Images however, do work and attaches properly.

Any idea how to fix this?

The PDF is about 200 kb in size and I don't think it's a network problem because I can send larger jpeg's just fine.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I never really use the Gmail app in the phone nor that account as I use Yahoo, but I just tested from my Gmail account using the Gmail app sending to my Yahoo account and it sent the pdf perfectly fine. Though, it did pop up a box before sending asking if I want to send "The Android way (MMS, Gmail, etc) or some other way - I can't recall the option. I chose the first option "Android way" and I got it to my Yahoo and was able to view the pdf as well as through the sent folder in the Gmail app.

I know this doesn't help solve your problem specifically, but it at least rules out any app limitations. Hopefully someone else can help out.

Rev.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This problem only appears to apply to files on my external SD card. I can send any file type form my internal SD card.

But I can only send jpegs, and mp3's from my external SD card via Gmail attachment. When I try to attach a pdf or docx file from my ext SD card, I receive the email without the attachment.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I do have ES File explorer installed and yep, it allows attaching from the sd card. Though when I so it I have to browse "up" to the mnt folder then choose extsd, but it works.

Rev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci