Problem Receiving Long Text Messages?

gvXVI

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the GS3 on AT&T, and whenever someone sends me a long message that is over 140 characters, I only get the last portion of the message. Say someone sends me a message that gets broken up into 3 separate messages, I'd only get the third one, and not the first or second. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, how can I fix it? I'm tired of telling people to send me a screenshot when they send longer messages to me.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
to me it sounds like a faulty sim card but have you tried using other sms apps like Go Sms?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

gvXVI

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I would try GO SMS and Handcent but I don't trust them. The reviews for the current version is pretty bad, and some state that some messages don't come through. I can't risk that..

Another issue I have is that when people reply to me, the text they send gets put in the conversation list before mine. Its a bit hard to explain. Basically, if you opened any of my threads, they conversations won't make sense because the replies always are displayed before my actual messages. Like an alphabet out of order. Sort of like:

A
B
C
D
F
E
H
G

^^^ If that makes any sense, that's what my threads look like.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do these out-of-sequence conversations happen for all of your TMs, or just ones that are in different time zones from you?
Have you set your phone time & zone manually or is it on the auto setting? (Settings -> Date and time)
Edit: regarding the first problem, of only receiving the last in a series of MMS messages - sounds like a call to AT&T is in order; I haven't seen any strange behaviour like that on Verizon. I assume that both carriers include the same messaging app - you could try clearing the data (make a backup of your SMS/MMS first if you care about any of the content).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Do these out-of-sequence conversations happen for all of your TMs, or just ones that are in different time zones from you?
Have you set your phone time & zone manually or is it on the auto setting? (Settings -> Date and time)
Edit: regarding the first problem, of only receiving the last in a series of MMS messages - sounds like a call to AT&T is in order; I haven't seen any strange behaviour like that on Verizon. I assume that both carriers include the same messaging app - you could try clearing the data (make a backup of your SMS/MMS first if you care about any of the content).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

excelent theory mate! ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol