LED App for SIII

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend an app that effectively controls the SIII LED (i.e., different colors, patterns, etc., for specific functions, notifications, or apps)?

Thanks!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Light Flow app if you either have international s3 or a rooted north american one ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Pachap109

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had flow light on mine and it was wonderful except for it had a bug where it kept saying "folder open" and so on when I opened one. I was told you can't make it not do it it is a bug they have to fix :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I had flow light on mine and it was wonderful except for it had a bug where it kept saying "folder open" and so on when I opened one. I was told you can't make it not do it it is a bug they have to fix :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

there still hasnt been an update so i guess the dev' has hit a brick wall :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I never had the open folder issue with Light Flow, but it did drain the battery faster than a 69 GTO 445 with the pedal to the metal.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I never had the open folder issue with Light Flow, but it did drain the battery faster than a 69 GTO 445 with the pedal to the metal.

depends how you set it up mate. i have it set to have solid ON light (so it doesnt keep waking the system to say "turn on" "turn off" and colours set very dark, just visible, and it doesnt use much batt :)

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
depends how you set it up mate. i have it set to have solid ON light (so it doesnt keep waking the system to say "turn on" "turn off" and colours set very dark, just visible, and it doesnt use much batt :)

I may have to give it another try, never thought to do that.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't need to be rooted.

unless its been fixed recently, theres a bug with some non rooted NA variants that makes the phone speak when u open a folder lol. dont know if the dude has managed to fix it but i havent had an update for ages mate

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No issue with speaking folders with Nova Launcher... although I did with TouchWiz. Glad I got it for 25? :)

oh yeah, maybe it was just with touchwiz.
aye the $0.25 (?0.25 [which isnt very fair but hey]) sale was what made me finaly make the move from Go Launcher to Nova Prime.
no more lag :)

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Light Flow is hot garbage on my non-rooted s747-i747m. Doesn't work at all and drains the battery like nobodies business. It's a shame because I came from the BlackBerry world and there's an app called Bebuzz that is awesome at customizing the LED. Believe it or not, BlackBerry is actually better at some things than Android.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
light flow uses barely any of my battery since i set all my colours really dark and turned flashing off

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
light flow uses barely any of my battery since i set all my colours really dark and turned flashing off

I can't even get it to work on NA S3 period. I'm guessing the dev of this app has given up getting it working for non-rooted NA versions. I really should get my money back.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its working for some.
contact the dev' mate he seems like a decent dude :)

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
looks ok man. whats it like compared to light flow?
says its gonna require root from JB onwards... wonder if light flow will be same.
LF is fine for me just now :)

Not sure, which is why I was asking if anyone had tried it. Reviews are decent overall, although there are some mixed reviews from SIII users. I just switched to a Verizon SIII from Sprint and I just got some porting issues resolved. So I'm just sniffing around before I add any apps that are know to be unstable or problematic.

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
looks ok man. whats it like compared to light flow?
says its gonna require root from JB onwards... wonder if light flow will be same.
LF is fine for me just now :)

Read all the way to the bottom of the description for more details of specific devices. Wonder why getting control of the LED is such a hard thing? Sure makes me miss Butler on my old Palm devices. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo