1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Calendar when adding appointment

As you can see in this screen shot, my calendar defaults to "Samsung Calendar" when I want to add an event. I can click on that to change it to add the appointment to my GMail calendar. Can I make it default so that I don't have to change this setting? I want appointments that I add to the calendar on my GS3 to automatically sync to my Google calendar so I can also view them on a desktop PC when logged into Google. How can I do this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Default Calendar when adding appointment-scrrenshot.png  

Default Re: Default Calendar when adding appointment

Once I made the change to my Gmail calendar it saved it as the default if I remember right. I have 3 calendars set up and I just verified that the Gmail calendar is the default.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Mine doesn’t seem to be changing. It keeps defaulting to the Samsung calendar.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Is your sync for Google Account is ON? Because if it is off, this could be the reason.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think I figured it out. I removed the Samsung account from my sync settings in the calendar. Now, my Google calendar is the default when I add an event.

Can you tell me how you removed the Samsung account? I can't find it in my sync settings. In calendar sync I only have my one gmail account, there is nothing there for the Samsung account. I really have no use for a Samsung account that is limited to my phone and won't sync.

I have the same question - can you tell me how to remove the Samsung account. I still have "My Calendar" as the default when I add new entries and I don't want to have to change it every time. Can't figure this out. Thank you!!

In the calendar app, go to settings, tap Calendars, and uncheck My Calendar. In fact, uncheck all the calendars you don't actually use, if there are multiple ones there.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Thumbs down Re: Default Calendar when adding appointment

There is no option to remove "my account" on a GS2. Its not the google account because I use the google account to sync to iCal (which works when I select my google account when I create an event). "My account" is colour coded blue and my google account (the one that is synced to iCal) appears light brown. Very frustrating, wish i could just select default calendar like on iCal.

Any help would be amazing

You might have better luck posting in the GS2 forum--this one is for the GS3.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3