Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hotmail quit working

Noticed a few days ago that my Hotmail quit updating my email. Checked the setting and for some reson theres a 20 character password in it. I never changed my password? So I put in my actual password and try a manual synch. It doesn't do anything. When I go back to the settings and check the password the 20 character password is back. I tried to delete the Hotmail account so I could start over but it won't let me delete it either. Under settings I check the Hotmail box, push delete, get a "Are you sure?" dialog box, click YES and the phone says "Deleting the account". But it never does delete it. Just to make sure I deleted my gmail account which worked fine.

Default Re: Hotmail quit working

I am having the exact same issue. My hotmail stopped working while I was traveling. I'
    ve been trying today to sort it out and nothing. I tried to delete the account as well, and it wouldn't let me do it. Can anyone please help?

Mine has failed twice now. When I got this phone at launch, I set up Hotmail and it worked well enough for a bit before disappearing one day. I didn't bother redoing it until recently and it lasted all of a week before disappearing again. Also it wouldn't reliably update. Even when I force updated it, I wouldn't get the emails to show up for a bit and sometimes got double entries. Are the stock Hotmail settings just no good? Hotmail worked great as an Exchange account on my old Palm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

I didn't like the S3's mail app so I installed the Hotmail App. Worked for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

can you still acces the emails on web based hotmail without this 20character p/word?
    id do like the guy above says and get the app

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    can you still acces the emails on web based hotmail without this 20character p/word?
    id do like the guy above says and get the app

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Web Hotmail works fine, and like I said, I never had an issue with it on my old phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Minie isnt working either, and the web hotmail stinks. I guess I will have to try the app. Maybe this was a way to force Android users to t use an app? I dunno.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

could be right.
    i used to use "pop3" to recieve hotmail on my dumbphone years and years ago before gmail existed. is that how it works now.. pop3?

GT-I9300, UK

I use my hotmail account through the stock email app. I use it as an exchange account and have not had any problems since I bought my S3 in july.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I'm having the same issues with my Note 2. the native email app worked fine for my yahoo and hotmail account and all of sudden it stopped working. I am so bothered by it because sign-in failed notification pops up every couple mins. I used the same password and sn to login on the web browser and the password works fine. When i try to login manually by entering the password the phone says authentication failed and gives some weird error code. It's driving me nuts. Is android simply against hotmail and yahoo and is forcing us to use gmail app?

I can't even delete the email accounts because the phone is saying i would need to factory reset the phone in order to do so and I have too much stuff on my phone whatnot to reset and have it the way i want it all over again. What can I do? am i alone in this or are there people with same problems.