What are cached processes?

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Went into the app manager and went to the running column then clicked on cached processes and i have about five or six games in there that i almost never play. why are they there if i hardly ever use them? What are these cached apps? They say their running in the background. Could this be the cause of my battery woes?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's how Android manages RAM. It may cache some things you’ve been using recently, for quicker access if you need them again, but it will erase the cache if it needs the RAM for new activities.

So you could kill the game apps if you're not using them everyday, otherwise it's fine the way it is. The Android OS does a pretty good job of managing apps by itself. What you are seeing is apps being cached for quicker access if you decided to launch them again.. If not, the Android OS will kill them on its own if it feels it needs the RAM for something newer that's running.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
So that really wont affect battery life right? Its mostly the bigger games that are always on, even if i stop them after about 5 minutes they reappear

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i use an app called Cache Cleaner just out of habit from old phones but doubt if its necesary on the s3?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton