Can't hear calls when headphones plugged in.

merledied

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

So I can't hear when people make calls when my headphones are plugged in. The caller can hear me but i can't hear them. i thought i might have not plugged them in fully but they are hah. i thought my headphones may be old/broken but i can hear music and youtube videos perfectly. maybe something is wrong when only making calls, but i can hear perfectly fine when i make the calls, but not when i pick up...what could be wrong?

Also when i first got the phone as soon as i plugged in the headphones, in the notifications bar all these activities would pop up that use headphones...like youtube, music, videos, you know. But i updated my phone and after the update those notifications wouldn't pop up anymore. is it the update or perhaps it's coincidence and my phone is just faulty? maybe?

Thank you!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, when you have headphones in, you hear the other person, but they cannot hear you until you unplug them

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the included Samsung headphones? Are you sure they're plugged in fully?
I just plugged them in and made a call and I could hear the other person just fine (through the headphones), and she could hear me with no problem. I don't know offhand if the Samsung headphones include a mic or not - I'd have to look at their documentation.
I used to have headphones that had a mic built in, and on my HTC Thunderbolt it would show a different icon in the notification area if you had regular stereo headphones connected vs headphones with a mic. If I can find those I'll update this post with those results.

Regarding your other issue, it sounds like either the update changed the behaviour or you (unknowingly) made one of the audio apps the default. I'm still running VRLF2 (Verizon) firmware and I still see the various audio apps shown in the notification bar when I connect the headphones.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
with the samsung headphones we can hear each other fine in a conversation.
you can switch on/off that list of apps when you plug in in accessories (i think) settings

oh and they DO have a mic (hole at back of volume bit) :)
but phone headphones that arent samsung generaly dont work :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thats strange.. im guessing your s3 is carrier branded mate?
mines pure samsung

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

donnazali

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I plugged my headphone to listen the music, but the sound of the incoming call is through the speaker not the headphone while i`m listening to the music, how to change this?

donnazali

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
hi can you help me :)
I plugged my headphone to listen the music, but the sound of the incoming call is through the speaker not the headphone while i`m listening to the music, how to change this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair