S Voice reads it right, but come back with wrong information?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
When I asked for Weather in Calgary, Alberta, the screen reads "What's the weather in Calgary, Alberta" and yet it shows me Eureka, Montana. Is there some kind of a setting in JB I have to change so that it will come back with weather in Calgary? This is driving me crazy since the phone shows it understand my command and come back with wrong information.

Thank you.

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, S-Voice kinda sucks! I experience the same thing. Sometimes I speak a command and nothing happens. If you have Jelly Bean on your S3, it sounds like you've rooted your phone. The S3 comes out the box running Ice Cream...most of us are anxiously awaiting Jelly Bean. In Ice Cream, Google Now is not available. However, you can still access Google Search by pressing and holding the menu button and when the search screen pops up, tap the microphone, then you can speak various requests to the phone. Be sure to access Google Search from one of the homescreens, that way, you can select "help" for a tutorial on all the functions Google Search will perform.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It is ironic that S voice actually show on my screen "What's the weather in Calgary, Alberta" but still come back with Eureka, Montana. I have no clue how S Voice is able to convert my voice in to texts with right spellings and such and then return something wayyyy off. :eek:

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm on ics asked s voice same question , it understood question but replied with weather forecast in Cambridge Mass. Then asked about Astoria queens and response was correct...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just for the hell of it I asked Google Voice on my Galaxy Nexus and it understood it right and gave the right answer, 30 degrees and clear.

c_is_for_crackberry

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
was doing this for me too, im in Hamilton, Ontario it read it right gave weather for Cambridge Mass.

it knows some things like when was coca-cola invented doesnt know who the prime minister of Canada is

does not know when is Christmas when is Halloween

nodak67

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
its funny how your input comes back as eureka, mt. for a wrong answer. i get that same town when my gps gets lost between two locations and i know the there is no town between the two gps locations. btw it comes back as eureka, nd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol