Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  • 1 Post By mrsimps
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default S Voice reads it right, but come back with wrong information?

When I asked for Weather in Calgary, Alberta, the screen reads "What's the weather in Calgary, Alberta" and yet it shows me Eureka, Montana. Is there some kind of a setting in JB I have to change so that it will come back with weather in Calgary? This is driving me crazy since the phone shows it understand my command and come back with wrong information.

Thank you.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Default Re: S Voice reads it right, but come back with wrong information?

Since you're on JB, have you tried Google Now? Seems to work better than S Voice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:
    mssca 
    mssca likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Since you're on JB, have you tried Google Now? Seems to work better than S Voice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I am new to Android (came from BlackBerry)... so, sorry for asking, is Google Now is built in to the phone or is it an app?

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    I am new to Android (came from BlackBerry)... so, sorry for asking, is Google Now is built in to the phone or is it an app?
    Not sure if it is preinstalled on the S3. In the Play Store, it's called "Google Search."

Honestly, S-Voice kinda sucks! I experience the same thing. Sometimes I speak a command and nothing happens. If you have Jelly Bean on your S3, it sounds like you've rooted your phone. The S3 comes out the box running Ice Cream...most of us are anxiously awaiting Jelly Bean. In Ice Cream, Google Now is not available. However, you can still access Google Search by pressing and holding the menu button and when the search screen pops up, tap the microphone, then you can speak various requests to the phone. Be sure to access Google Search from one of the homescreens, that way, you can select "help" for a tutorial on all the functions Google Search will perform.
    Thanked by:
    mssca 
    mssca likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It is ironic that S voice actually show on my screen "What's the weather in Calgary, Alberta" but still come back with Eureka, Montana. I have no clue how S Voice is able to convert my voice in to texts with right spellings and such and then return something wayyyy off.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I'm on ics asked s voice same question , it understood question but replied with weather forecast in Cambridge Mass. Then asked about Astoria queens and response was correct...

Just for the hell of it I asked Google Voice on my Galaxy Nexus and it understood it right and gave the right answer, 30 degrees and clear.

was doing this for me too, im in Hamilton, Ontario it read it right gave weather for Cambridge Mass.

it knows some things like when was coca-cola invented doesnt know who the prime minister of Canada is

does not know when is Christmas when is Halloween

its funny how your input comes back as eureka, mt. for a wrong answer. i get that same town when my gps gets lost between two locations and i know the there is no town between the two gps locations. btw it comes back as eureka, nd.