Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Currently unable to download.

Look at one of your new apps I had that and I started uninstalling till it went away, Didnt reinstall the app that killed it and havent had it since. Lots of the "free" apps do nasty things in the background

Would you look at that I was censored in a nanosecond.

What CaneToad said. If I had that problem again, I'd figure puffy the day it began and start uninstalling the apps I installed after that day and time, one by one, until the message stops. Remember, it may be an app totally unrelated to downloading, but it triggers something in the program that is doing the downloading.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    What CaneToad said. If I had that problem again, I'd figure puffy the day it began and start uninstalling the apps I installed after that day and time, one by one, until the message stops. Remember, it may be an app totally unrelated to downloading, but it triggers something in the program that is doing the downloading.

I think I'll just put up with it. It stays on my screen for a few seconds and then goes. I can't be bothered to uninstall all my apps. Cheers guys

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    I think I'll just put up with it. It stays on my screen for a few seconds and then goes. I can't be bothered to uninstall all my apps. Cheers guys

lol id prob do same bro coz im lazy but it would annoy me lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

just had a thought. go to whatever browser u use, go to "downloads" and if theres a failed one, clear it from the list

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    just had a thought. go to whatever browser u use, go to "downloads" and if theres a failed one, clear it from the list

Yea I have tried that mate. I will just try let it not get to me. Hahah. I got my phone set up to how I like it now. Just waiting for the update to see if it irons out the things I dislike. Haha

funkylogik likes this.

Go to your stock MMS app settings option, under MMS settings uncheck "Auto-Retrieve". Put your phone in airplane mode and check if the message comes up again.
    funkylogik likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalba View Post
    Go to your stock MMS app settings option, under MMS settings uncheck "Auto-Retrieve". Put your phone in airplane mode and check if the message comes up again.
    I just done that mate. Unfortunately IG hasn't done the trick. I just haven't a clue what it is
    Thanks for your help

I had the same problem since a couple of days ago.

After trying everything in this thread (and it not working), I checked my SMS/MMS inbox and there was an MMS that had not downloaded the attached image. Clicking on the "download" button elicited the error message. I deleted that MMS and stopped getting the error message since then.
    ecs180 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Ah nice one I have now rectified this problem after going through my MMS settings. Thanks for everyone's help !:thumbup:

funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

i love it when a plan comes together

love how in this forum, once we get our teeth into a problem, we dont rest until its fixed

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Yea I am glad it has worked. Now I also got jb which is good. Hope it does what I want it to. Any idea how you get the floating android man on your screen? I think it's like a hidden feature. I have seen on you tube but can't find or remember how to do it.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    Yea I am glad it has worked. Now I also got jb which is good. Hope it does what I want it to. Any idea how you get the floating android man on your screen? I think it's like a hidden feature. I have seen on you tube but can't find or remember how to do it.
    lol thats ICS mate.
    on JB its same way, go to About Device, tap repeatedly on android version then keep your finger on the jellybean

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Currently unable to download.-uploadfromtaptalk1351324036701.jpg

Red face Re: Currently unable to download.

Quote Originally Posted by connexionbizarre View Post
    After trying everything in this thread (and it not working), I checked my SMS/MMS inbox and there was an MMS that had not downloaded the attached image. Clicking on the "download" button elicited the error message. I deleted that MMS and stopped getting the error message since then.
    Well, I've had this same problem (download error message) and have tried several of the fixes noted here, to no avail. I'm sure this is going to sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to check my "SMS/MMS inbox"... my texts are all in bubble-view. I don't have an option to view drafts, outbox, inbox, etc. So, can't figure out how to find any MMS that may not have downloaded correctly so I can delete it.

I'm not a noob, but obviously, don't quite get this... any help?

Thumbs up Re: Currently unable to download.

Try Clear Cache of all browsers that you have and history data etc one by one i hope its help you

Good Luck

Sent from SGS3 i9300

Think i have solved it. I had it, i had a picture message sent to me that would not download, just showed a download button. I deleted it and problem went away
    ohayyam likes this.

Thanks to this thread I have been able to get rid of the unable to connect try again later message that had appeared on my S3 about 3 weeks a go. Actually its the second time its appeared the first time I did a factory reset to get rid of it (my phone was also doing random resets).

Special thanks to Connexionbizarre, my issue turned out to be an MMS message sent from my brothers crappy Blackberry, using the Orange network that for some reason was asking me to enter a password just to view the message.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by Zammo76 View Post
    Thanks to this thread I have been able to get rid of the unable to connect try again later message that had appeared on my S3 about 3 weeks a go. Actually its the second time its appeared the first time I did a factory reset to get rid of it (my phone was also doing random resets).

Special thanks to Connexionbizarre, my issue turned out to be an MMS message sent from my brothers crappy Blackberry, using the Orange network that for some reason was asking me to enter a password just to view the message.
    The reason i started this thread was because of the major arse ache because it kept popping up. And the reason was because of an MMS. So once deleted it done the trick. Glad it has helped some people out.

I get the same. Happens every time I restart (and that's the only time it happens). Message comes on screen then disappears after a few seconds. Irritates the hell out me me, and I wonder what updates I'm missing, but apart from that it doesn't seem to do any harm.

I'd presumed that it was an Android bug and that an Android update was being "pushed" but the system was too thick to realise that my WiFi connection hadn't yet been established.

Ah! I had misread a previous post. Looks like my problem was also an MMS send to me by a friend, which asked me to download something. I had tried to download, but nothing happened. I've now deleted the MMS and rebooted, and the "Currently unable to download" message does not appear. Thanks.
    Azhan Mahat likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

My mom has this problem. We came to the conclusion that its most likely her wireless network. When she is in town she does not have this problem. She is LTE in town. At home she is Edge and has this issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Another happy customer, this error message has been bugging me for weeks, turns out my mates wife has a phone from the jurrasic era and accidentally sent her entire phonebook a MMS download link to a 'cute puppy'...

Deleted the message, problem gone. Unforunately my mates still married to her, that one isn't so easy to solve!!

Thanks for the fix guys.

Matt

s3 problem view after restart

thanks david paul
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast