Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Currently unable to download.

Just restore your message setting...

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
    I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.
    Anybody having or had the same message? Its well annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Just restore your message setting

Quote Originally Posted by Awix301 View Post
    Just restore your message setting
    And how would that be?..........HARD reset?
    I have the same problem...doesn't do anything BUT I think it is the Auto Retrieve MMS and also while ROAMING since I am 1200 miles away from my home area, so (MetroPCS) is roaming voice/text/1Xdata on Sprint but when outside get 4G data (T-Mobile), so my model S3 has to switch back and forth between carriers (Sprint & T-Mobile)
    So it is not harming anything just a little annoying, but I will "build a bridge and get the f*** over it"......

ROM
    I.H.O CM7.2

Hey I didn't read to the bitter end of this but I can tell you why I get this error. Is your phone rooted? I get it because my phone is looking for updates. The first time it happened was when my phone was rooted and they were pushing the update to jellybean. So I had to un root, dl the update to 4.1.2 and then I never re-rooted, well I just rerooted today and guess what message is back!? I haven't worked on it yet but just wanted to say it could be this issue of your carrier pinging for auto updates.

I had the same download error issue and I assumed its one of the apps I recently installed called "shut up button" and since I have uninstalled that app I haven't seen the error message. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

my samsung galaxy s4 screen wont respond .. get a msg saying currently unable to download try later, i cant get into my phone... it rings and msg come throught, just cant get past home screen help

Kelly,
    You could try booting into Safe mode and see if you're able to access the phone. It's possible that some app you recently installed is causing the problem.

To boot into Safe mode:
    - turn the phone completely off
    - press and hold the Volume Down rocker (and keep holding it)
    - press the Power button until you feel the phone vibrate (usually 2-3 seconds)
    - keep holding the Volume Down rocker until the phone finishes booting
    You'll see 'Safe mode' in the lower left corner

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Hi, I had this issue. I solved it by deleting all my sms messages/threads. The only time I'd ever received this message, prior to the update, was when I was sent a mms message. Inthat instance the mms was never downloaded, and I deleted the message. I think, somehow during the update, the attempt to download this mms was reignited. Since deleting all sms/mms messages/threads I've not had this warning. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIJS View Post
    Think i have solved it. I had it, i had a picture message sent to me that would not download, just showed a download button. I deleted it and problem went away
    it solved my problems too...

I too keep getting the same problem my screen saying "Currently unable to download.please try again later". And my device processing getting too slow when I using Internet. . Please give me a solution for this problem..

Try the fix 2 messages before yours..

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

same problem i am also facing:
    what have to do for mms setting how?
    please tell.

Solved! I had the same problem. There was a mms that I had not downloaded, I deleted the message and bingo... no more annoying "currently unable to download" notifications.
    Cheers guys, wouldn't have sussed it without you lot :-)

I had the same problem. Deleting the message thread with the problem image fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    noo if we keep bumpin this, someone will help us...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

I have the same problem on my s5 .go to manage application and see if you disapled any programs .enable them back agian update them and see if that solve the problem
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123