Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Currently unable to download.

i checked, it's not an OTA Update. if it is , he would ask u to download now or later. it's A GPS. trying to get info of ure location.
    cuz 1 min after this GPS popup.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with you all and hope it will be helpful. I have Note 3 updated to lollipop but I believe all Android phones are similar.

First of all ANDROID IS CRAZY "Literally", you will not understand when the problem will happen to your phone and how to fix it, especially that the problems may be interrelated, and one fix may not be enough until you know really what is wrong with your phone.

Now to the subject, my phone was getting this "unable to download" error message, then same time suddenly from no where I get an error on the notification menu "sign-in request" with Gallery Picture beside it, and when I click on this message it requests to log in with Picasa and then all google applications disappear from the phone, and when I go inside "Apps" (on the bottom right of your phone desktop) I found them disappeared from the inner folders of Google, then suddenly out of no where all apps get redistributed over the pages within Apps and Google Apps return back again distributed also. All of this besides when I was restarting the phone it was taking around 5 minutes to open phone's desktop.

To fix the above I made Wipe data and factory reset more than 5 times in 2 days with no result.

Then after some search I did the below fixing (after one more factory rest):
    1- Went to Settings - "General" Tab - Accounts - Google then click on the e-mail beside the Sync symbol, then scroll to the end of the page and uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
    2- Went to Settings - "General" Tab - scroll down to About Device - click on Software updates then uncheck "Wi-Fi only". (Of course this is going to charge if not subscribed to mobile data package).
    3- Went to Messages - click on menu - Settings - Multimedia messages, then uncheck Auto retrieve.
    4- Activate "Mobile Data" from notification menu and disable Wi-Fi.
    5- Restart the Phone.

All of the above fixed my problems, but again we have to remember, Android is crazy, at least for me.

Hope this is useful to somebody out there.

Thanks
    Sameh Adel

This was fixed for me by:

Settings
    More Networks
    Mobile Networks
    Charge phone from Global to LTE/CDMA

After doing this, the phone immediately downloaded about 100 text messages, somehow stuck in the pipe and the Can't Download error message stopped

Check your text messages there must be a file someone sent to you already and its unable to download it's happend to me and im not getting that message anymore

Turn off Auto-Download for MMS messages. Problem solved.

yay

yay

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    noo if we keep bumpin this, someone will help us...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

I had the same problem twice. And i just delete all my SMS, because someone told me that some sms has multi media comtents inside and it may cause the problem. Problem solved now. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
    I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.
    Anybody having or had the same message? Its well annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Guys I have discovered that this happens when you turn off the data on your android. Just turn on the data for a while and this msg will disappear

Default Thanks

Nice yes just had this on my note 4 ...mms was sent while network was down then sat there not downloading downloaded it and fixed ...

I keep getting a message pop up on my screen saying "currently unable to download.please try later".
    I haven't got a clue what is trying to download because I physically haven't downloaded anything and nor can I see what is downloading.

I set all my updates to manual and tried updating what needed updating one by one and found that it was the Facebook Messenger that was unable to update which is why I kept getting the same messages as you've been getting. Once I uninstalled the messenger the problem stopped. Hope this helps you guys.
    Cheers.

My phone (lgg3)has been doing the same thing and what i believe the problem is messages that weren't able to download were still trying.
    Just a suggestionb

Hi, I have the same problem!!! Only added to the irritation is the fact that none of my apps like FB Messenger or Whats App will work over the mobile data, it only works while connected via Wi-Fi. Don't have any idea wth it's trying to download either. All is up to date, haven't downloaded anything new but updates (and only via Wi-Fi anyway), don't visit risky sites knowingly... In fact, I try not to use Google on my tab at all because it eats away at my mobile data very fast. I use my home Wi-Fi instead.

I've Googled endlessly with no help at all! I don't know what to do anymore because I don't get my e-mails, app messages at all when It's on Mobile Data. I can't carry around my home Wi-Fi connection... This is some crazy .....

I have a Samusung Tab 3 SM-T116

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

So I posted last night because the same thing happened to me. I read somewhere in this thread that a lady fixed her's by deleting all her messages and so I deleted all my messages and it fixed a week long headache. Hope it helps with you too. I think if you only delete the messages from roughly when it started happening it might also work, so you might not even have to delete all. For me it seemed like an MMS statement from my mobile service provider that caused the issue.

Good Luck!

I have the same issue on my Samsung S5 Galaxy. It's been showing up for nearly 2 weeks now and I have no clue why the message started showing up in the 1st place, or how to stop it.

I think I've found the solution guys. I've just turned off the auto update for Galaxy apps. I didn't get this trouble after that.

I faced a similar problem. I thought it was an issue with my recent installation of Snapchat.
    I posted the following on Facebook and got help from my techie friends:

HELP!!! My phone is not working right. It's an android. Samsung Galaxy 5. This is the message I keep getting: "Currently unable to download. Please try again later." AND I AM NOT EVEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING! How do I fix this??? --- update: I fixed this issue by resetting the network settings!

So my advice is to reset your network settings!

I faced a similar problem. I thought it was an issue with my recent installation of Snapchat.
    I posted the following on Facebook and got help from my techie friends:

HELP!!! My phone is not working right. It's an android. Samsung Galaxy 5. This is the message I keep getting: "Currently unable to download. Please try again later." AND I AM NOT EVEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING! How do I fix this??? --- update: I fixed this issue by resetting the network settings!

So my advice is to reset your network settings!

Try Deleting all your messages. I had the same problem and after i deleted my messages it disappeared. It seems that a MMS is not able to be received by the phone for some reason. Just delete the messages and your good.

Cool Re: Currently unable to download.

I got this from and it worked for me: The message Currently unable to download,please try again later,keeps popping up on my galaxy s3,why is this? only been happening for the last week? - Why am i getting currently unable to download,try again later on my s3 :: Ask Me Fast

"Its Simply simple....just go to message settings & switch off the "push messages from network" then the popping of message will stop..."

I've tried disabling messages settings, deleting message threads, all the stuff! And nothing works.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234