Which do you prefer Blue or White S3????

Which color do you prefer and why?

• Total voters

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had the blue s3 for one week and debated very hard whether to trade it in for the white s3. The blue/purple seemed more on the purple side for me. I am 6'3 and give or take 230 lol my boys would get on me for having a purple phone. I went to my store last night about 7 minutes before closing to trade it in for the white s3. I tried different cases to curve the purple look to me to no avail. The blue phone changed colors and the home key was purple.

May be just personal opinion but the white SEEMS to perform better than the blue version so far lol. I cant say for sure though. Maybe I just got a better phone this time around.

So im asking which do you prefer and why?

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had the blue s3 for one week and debated very hard whether to trade it in for the white s3. The blue/purple seemed more on the purple side for me. I am 6'3 and give or take 230 lol my boys would get on me for having a purple phone. I went to my store last night about 7 minutes before closing to trade it in for the white s3. I tried different cases to curve the purple look to me to no avail. The blue phone changed colors and the home key was purple.

May be just personal opinion but the white SEEMS to perform better than the blue version so far lol. I cant say for sure though. Maybe I just got a better phone this time around.

So im asking which do you prefer and why?
Same reason I went with the white as well. Still loving the white color. Got a black thin case on it too.

jd6102

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Same here I got the white, even though I normally prefer the darker color phones. I felt the "pebble blue" was more of a purple blue. Like the white S3 much better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't like white anything (mechanical wise), it tends to get dirty and marks are more visible...either way I have a case anyways

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice skin what kind is it and where did you get it from?

decalgirl "carbon" colour. got it from Amazon UK ?10 inc postage. took 3weeks to arrive but would probably be much faster in US. check out decalgirl site mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
After all the new colors have been added, i honestly have to say i would still choose blue because I think it's the most unique if the colors and I don't like having devices that look like everyone else's

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
After all the new colors have been added, i honestly have to say i would still choose blue because I think it's the most unique if the colors and I don't like having devices that look like everyone else's

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

nah the "slate" colour is rather nice.. would have to hold it though :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't even a question for me. The wife liked white so I got blue. Now we can tell at a glance whose phone belongs to who. When we both had the same phone, one of us would grab the wrong one every now and then and hit the road. That sucked. :)

Actually, I also really like the blue, so I probably would have leaned that way regardless.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I went with blue without second guess. After having it for a few weeks now I might have liked the white more.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I went with blue without second guess. After having it for a few weeks now I might have liked the white more.

see my post above bro.
the skins are really good and look like part of the phone unless youre really close :)
think theres gloss and matte, i got matte but if u like the white s3, i doubt even a gloss white skin would match the beauty of the genuine white one

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with white! It just looks better IMO. Blue is still a nice choice as well. But at the end of he day over all I just like white better.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't even a question for me. The wife liked white so I got blue. Now we can tell at a glance whose phone belongs to who. When we both had the same phone, one of us would grab the wrong one every now and then and hit the road. That sucked. :)

Actually, I also really like the blue, so I probably would have leaned that way regardless.

Ditto. My wife likes her white one, and I freaking LOVE the blue one. I've only seen it look purplish a couple of times, but I love that sometimes it looks grey, sometimes dark blue, sometimes light blue. All depends on the lighting conditions. I think it's awesome.

That being said, I suspect most people will like the color they chose.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the blue and I am happy with it. imo, it looks more grey than blue.

Didn't want the white because the white bezel makes it that much harder to see the amoled screen in bright sunlight.

-Suntan

pakmansi

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the white one for a few weeks, then eventually swapped it out with the blue one that my brother was planning to sell. My gripes with the white one when compared side by side with the blue is that it looked more cheap mainly because of the way the backlight shines through on the 2 soft buttons next to the home button. On the blue one, you only see the buttons themselves without the "halo" around it. I also didn't like the way the camera and sensor holes on top stood out on the white one. You can't really see them well on the blue one which gives the phone a cleaner look. One thing I don't like about the blue one however is that you can see the lint that collects in the home button and bottom of the phone, but overall still like the look of the blue one better.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
One downfall im noticing is i cant see the notifications led during the day much, it looks washed out. I tried to trade my wife she has a white on but that was a no-go. Im loving the white it stands out. I pretty satisfied for now.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the white one for a few weeks, then eventually swapped it out with the blue one that my brother was planning to sell. My gripes with the white one when compared side by side with the blue is that it looked more cheap mainly because of the way the backlight shines through on the 2 soft buttons next to the home button. On the blue one, you only see the buttons themselves without the "halo" around it. I also didn't like the way the camera and sensor holes on top stood out on the white one. You can't really see them well on the blue one which gives the phone a cleaner look. One thing I don't like about the blue one however is that you can see the lint that collects in the home button and bottom of the phone, but overall still like the look of the blue one better.

for a much cleaner look, switch off the silly menu and back button LEDs lol, your muscle memory knows what they are by now :p
also, am i right in thinkin that theres clear bits where the notification and back/menu buttons are so the LED can shine through whereas theyr invisible on the white one?

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought the white one first because my last phone was a white iPhone 4S, and I like white phones. BUT, after two weeks I swapped it for the blue one. Just wasn't feeling the white GS3. I wish we could get titanium grey already but oh well. I'm seriously considering doing like Funkylogik and getting a DecalGirl skin, only I think I want the high-gloss black one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance