Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which color do you prefer and why?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

59 50.86%
  • White

57 49.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Question Which do you prefer Blue or White S3????

I've had the blue s3 for one week and debated very hard whether to trade it in for the white s3. The blue/purple seemed more on the purple side for me. I am 6'3 and give or take 230 lol my boys would get on me for having a purple phone. I went to my store last night about 7 minutes before closing to trade it in for the white s3. I tried different cases to curve the purple look to me to no avail. The blue phone changed colors and the home key was purple.

May be just personal opinion but the white SEEMS to perform better than the blue version so far lol. I cant say for sure though. Maybe I just got a better phone this time around.

So im asking which do you prefer and why?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Which do you prefer Blue or White S3????

Which do you prefer Blue or White S3????-uploadfromtaptalk1349359857660.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    I've had the blue s3 for one week and debated very hard whether to trade it in for the white s3. The blue/purple seemed more on the purple side for me. I am 6'3 and give or take 230 lol my boys would get on me for having a purple phone. I went to my store last night about 7 minutes before closing to trade it in for the white s3. I tried different cases to curve the purple look to me to no avail. The blue phone changed colors and the home key was purple.

May be just personal opinion but the white SEEMS to perform better than the blue version so far lol. I cant say for sure though. Maybe I just got a better phone this time around.

So im asking which do you prefer and why?
    Same reason I went with the white as well. Still loving the white color. Got a black thin case on it too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349359857660.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	39742

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Nice skin what kind is it and where did you get it from?

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Same here I got the white, even though I normally prefer the darker color phones. I felt the "pebble blue" was more of a purple blue. Like the white S3 much better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    schartzr likes this.

I usually don't like white anything (mechanical wise), it tends to get dirty and marks are more visible...either way I have a case anyways
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Nice skin what kind is it and where did you get it from?
    decalgirl "carbon" colour. got it from Amazon UK 10 inc postage. took 3weeks to arrive but would probably be much faster in US. check out decalgirl site mate

GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
    Dukins 

After all the new colors have been added, i honestly have to say i would still choose blue because I think it's the most unique if the colors and I don't like having devices that look like everyone else's

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    schartzr likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    After all the new colors have been added, i honestly have to say i would still choose blue because I think it's the most unique if the colors and I don't like having devices that look like everyone else's

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    nah the "slate" colour is rather nice.. would have to hold it though

GT-I9300, UK

Wasn't even a question for me. The wife liked white so I got blue. Now we can tell at a glance whose phone belongs to who. When we both had the same phone, one of us would grab the wrong one every now and then and hit the road. That sucked.

Actually, I also really like the blue, so I probably would have leaned that way regardless.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I went with blue without second guess. After having it for a few weeks now I might have liked the white more.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    I went with blue without second guess. After having it for a few weeks now I might have liked the white more.
    see my post above bro.
    the skins are really good and look like part of the phone unless youre really close
    think theres gloss and matte, i got matte but if u like the white s3, i doubt even a gloss white skin would match the beauty of the genuine white one

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I'm going with white! It just looks better IMO. Blue is still a nice choice as well. But at the end of he day over all I just like white better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Wasn't even a question for me. The wife liked white so I got blue. Now we can tell at a glance whose phone belongs to who. When we both had the same phone, one of us would grab the wrong one every now and then and hit the road. That sucked.

Actually, I also really like the blue, so I probably would have leaned that way regardless.
    Ditto. My wife likes her white one, and I freaking LOVE the blue one. I've only seen it look purplish a couple of times, but I love that sometimes it looks grey, sometimes dark blue, sometimes light blue. All depends on the lighting conditions. I think it's awesome.

That being said, I suspect most people will like the color they chose.
    zeteo likes this.

I have the blue and I am happy with it. imo, it looks more grey than blue.

Didn't want the white because the white bezel makes it that much harder to see the amoled screen in bright sunlight.

-Suntan

I had the white one for a few weeks, then eventually swapped it out with the blue one that my brother was planning to sell. My gripes with the white one when compared side by side with the blue is that it looked more cheap mainly because of the way the backlight shines through on the 2 soft buttons next to the home button. On the blue one, you only see the buttons themselves without the "halo" around it. I also didn't like the way the camera and sensor holes on top stood out on the white one. You can't really see them well on the blue one which gives the phone a cleaner look. One thing I don't like about the blue one however is that you can see the lint that collects in the home button and bottom of the phone, but overall still like the look of the blue one better.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

One downfall im noticing is i cant see the notifications led during the day much, it looks washed out. I tried to trade my wife she has a white on but that was a no-go. Im loving the white it stands out. I pretty satisfied for now.

I have a white one. No complaints.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by pakmansi View Post
    I had the white one for a few weeks, then eventually swapped it out with the blue one that my brother was planning to sell. My gripes with the white one when compared side by side with the blue is that it looked more cheap mainly because of the way the backlight shines through on the 2 soft buttons next to the home button. On the blue one, you only see the buttons themselves without the "halo" around it. I also didn't like the way the camera and sensor holes on top stood out on the white one. You can't really see them well on the blue one which gives the phone a cleaner look. One thing I don't like about the blue one however is that you can see the lint that collects in the home button and bottom of the phone, but overall still like the look of the blue one better.
    for a much cleaner look, switch off the silly menu and back button LEDs lol, your muscle memory knows what they are by now
    also, am i right in thinkin that theres clear bits where the notification and back/menu buttons are so the LED can shine through whereas theyr invisible on the white one?

GT-I9300, UK

I bought the white one first because my last phone was a white iPhone 4S, and I like white phones. BUT, after two weeks I swapped it for the blue one. Just wasn't feeling the white GS3. I wish we could get titanium grey already but oh well. I'm seriously considering doing like Funkylogik and getting a DecalGirl skin, only I think I want the high-gloss black one.
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I've only seen it look purplish a couple of times, but I love that sometimes it looks grey, sometimes dark blue, sometimes light blue. All depends on the lighting conditions. I think it's awesome.

That being said, I suspect most people will like the color they chose.
    +1

I think the Pebble Blue is great! ...and I know this is a blue/white question. However, my wife held out for the Garnet Red (from at&t) and I have to admit, I am a bit jealous; it does looks sharp.

BUT! ...had I been given the opportunity to choose from all the colors that are schedule to be released, I would totally be rockin' the Amber Brown!
    evq.003 - More intelligent than the average *****!

"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you."

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Donoghan View Post
    I bought the white one first because my last phone was a white iPhone 4S, and I like white phones. BUT, after two weeks I swapped it for the blue one. Just wasn't feeling the white GS3. I wish we could get titanium grey already but oh well. I'm seriously considering doing like Funkylogik and getting a DecalGirl skin, only I think I want the high-gloss black one.
    im kinda wishing id got the pure black one but matte, think it would look less cheapy and also make screen viewing nicer.
    remember my advice about keepin the capacative button LED cut-outs attatched to the skin when u remove it from the backing

GT-I9300, UK

Pebble Blue looks awesome in the light the way the light reflects off of it.

To me the white looks cheap not as sophisticated or mysterious as the blue. The blue just draw you in where the white seems too harsh/bright. The led holes are too visible on the surface with white. The blue hides them nicely.

DISCLAIMER:
    I can't tell you if it ever looks purple or not. I'm color blind so keep that in mind. :-)
    evq.003 likes this.

I love my marble white. I have it paired with a white otter box commuter case. Looks awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB
    zinedine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    im kinda wishing id got the pure black one but matte, think it would look less cheapy and also make screen viewing nicer.
    remember my advice about keepin the capacative button LED cut-outs attatched to the skin when u remove it from the backing
    Definitely keeping the cutouts attached.
    funkylogik likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast