Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice defender

Anyone use it and recommend it? From the description it sounds like it basically turns your gs3 into a dumb phone to conserve battery. Is that true?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Default Re: Juice defender

I was wondering the same thing.

I have juice defender. Started out with the free one. It worked ok and saved my battery. I then went to the ultimate answer saw a bigger battery saver. Basically when the phone sleeps it shuts off your data periodically. It also in some cases slows ur data from 4G to 3g in sleep mode.

I also bought the 4200 hyperion extended battery. But I was so pleased with the juice defender I never used the extended battery and returned it unopened.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

might actualy give it a try. ive always been sceptical of non-root apps for extendin battery life..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Some say it's saved them tons of power, some say stay away from it. There's a free version so best thing to do is for you to try it out and see which side you fall on.

It works well I started out with the free one. Then got the paid one. It works really well saves my battery life by 1.79 %. The best part is you can set it up what apps can use the data. I used to turn my data off but I always missed important emails till I got this I would recommended use the free version first. See how that works and go from there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Yep it is excellent to save battery phone sleeps data disconnects save .01% phone wakes up you wait for slow reconnect and syncing hope u don't miss important email text. Phone used .05% battery. It never really saves u anything due it takes more to wake up the phone. There are a ton of threads going back 3 years on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

best power save really is to flash a rom with clockable kernel and set it to REALLY underclock while the phones doin nothing and jump right up when u do anything then straight back down when youre finished with it.
    and get used to a darker screen, once youre used to it it just looks a lot nicer

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

I prefer GreenPower Premium.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    I prefer GreenPower Premium.

whats the pro's vs juice defender mate?
    im gona give one of these a proper try.
    i just dont see how they can extend battery life without some detrament to the user without root access or surely the tech would be built into the firmware already...

GT-I9300, UK

The pro offers more custom settings but JD is AWESOME!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    whats the pro's vs juice defender mate?
    im gona give one of these a proper try.
    i just dont see how they can extend battery life without some detrament to the user without root access or surely the tech would be built into the firmware already...

GreenPower is extremely user friendly. Just install and go or quickly toggle a couple options. Plus it cost less and was used more by power users I trust.

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I like that juice defender tells you how much power it has saved you

I prefer easy battery saver. I think the interface is better and it works as well as JD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    It works well I started out with the free one. Then got the paid one. It works really well saves my battery life by 1.79 %. The best part is you can set it up what apps can use the data. I used to turn my data off but I always missed important emails till I got this I would recommended use the free version first. See how that works and go from there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    So, with the pro version, you can set up which apps will have continued data connection?

I like the JD, however, when I turn on my Internet radio in the car, and my screen turns off, my data turns off as well due to the JD conserving battery. If I can set it up with the pro version to keep data on when listening to Internet radio with screen off, that would be great!

Any other way of dealing with this issue other than buying the pro version?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

I have found I get better battery life without it. Battery saver apps rarely work and usually cause more problems than they help.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Dukins likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sg01 View Post
    So, with the pro version, you can set up which apps will have continued data connection?

I like the JD, however, when I turn on my Internet radio in the car, and my screen turns off, my data turns off as well due to the JD conserving battery. If I can set it up with the pro version to keep data on when listening to Internet radio with screen off, that would be great!

Any other way of dealing with this issue other than buying the pro version?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah you can! Its great!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I've decided against it. I don't like having to wait for the data to reconnect every time I turn the screen on. I'd rather turn data off manually when I'm not going to have a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    I've decided against it. I don't like having to wait for the data to reconnect every time I turn the screen on. I'd rather turn data off manually when I'm not going to have a charger.
    You can set JD to do that, it can leave your mobile data on but still save your batter with other stuff....it pretty much does a lot of things for you so you don't have to do it manually