Dial pad

Flipflop318

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
On my galaxy s3 when I make a call and have to enter numbers in the dial pad the screen flashes on a off a few times and I have to lay the phone flat down to make an entry. Any ideas on what could be causing this..

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Could be a malfunctioning sensor. Do you have a screen protector on top of the front sensor at the top or something?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
does sound like a prox' sensor fault but try a 3rd party dialer like Go Contacts to find out mate.
thenk theres apps to test the proximity sensor but really cant remember any names. think it can be calibrated too but probably only with root..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try a reboot.
Then (depending on your carrier) look in Settings -> Developer options, in the User interface section: be sure none of that stuff is checked.
Oddly enough, that same thing happened to me today for the first time - from what I can tell, either Tapatalk or the Google Play Store crashed and caused the problem - after a reboot everything behaved normally.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me a few times since AT&T update. Not sure why. Reboot fixed it each time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Flipflop318

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I do have a screen protector but it has the cut out for the sensors.. It's like it's way too sensitive I have to have it at like arms length for it to work. Some one mentioned calibrating it but I don't see how to do that

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I do have a screen protector but it has the cut out for the sensors.. It's like it's way too sensitive I have to have it at like arms length for it to work. Some one mentioned calibrating it but I don't see how to do that

im really not sure about the calibrating mate, its something i remember from my rooting days and probably requires root

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc