Multi window feature from note 2

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Wondering why there is little mention of this.. the multi tasking on the s3 has been missing something, and the new multi window feature on the note 2 well definitely help fill that void some. We need this on our s3! iIdon't see why it shouldn't be, we have a large screen , top processor. How can we reach out to Samsung to get this for the s3? or do you think it will be in the pipeline already?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
1. If I recall correctly the first Note had this
2. Everything I've read said it ships without mult-window capability but that a recent update enables it. Well, I've had my S3 since June and I never even received the famous update that removes universal search and adds the brightness slider under the notification drop down. So who knows who will get the update and when with the way the updates are rolled out.
3. *And this is personal opinion here*, but what does anyone need to do so critically that they need to see two windows on a phone at once? I have dual monitors for my music writing/mixing/mastering computer because it really does make the workflow waaay easier. But so far on my general usage PC and my phone I've not yet seen any need to have to *view* two screens at once.

Rev.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Question #4 - Why is this in a galaxy 3 forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The notes that shipped without now supposedly have an update with the feature.
And why wouldn't you want true multi tasking? I occasionally have app redraws when switching between apps. So when looking at information from one app to use in another, the first app will redraw when I switch back to it losing the information. It's happened a few times for it to be annoying. So it can be useful, that's why it exists in the first place, and secondly it's a cool ass feature!

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally have app redraws when switching between apps. So when looking at information from one app to use in another, the first app will redraw when I switch back to it losing the information. It's happened a few times for it to be annoying. So it can be useful, that's why it exists in the first place, and secondly it's a cool ass feature!

I have never once had this happen. It's been mentioned in the past (I recall someone saying the web browser would always refresh when switching back) and I even tested it on my device and it never "reloads" or "redraws" what I last left it at and therefor never loses any data. I can't say why mine doesn't do this but it doesn't.

Rev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital