thnkthru3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I preorderd my GS3 from at&t....basically very happy with phone but this drives me nuts.. The home button often requires 2 presses to get me back to the designated home screen. The first press does get me to one of the home screens but not necessarily the right one. Second press will get me to the designated screen. I realize there are bigger problems in the world..... Does anyone else experience this problem. Any feed back greatly appreciated. Thanks

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
That's because of S Voice. Try this:

You can disable the S Voice feature on your Samsung Galaxy S3 if you don?t really care for the feature. Many users accidentally activate it by double-tapping the Home key and would like to prevent it from launching. You can turn it off with these steps.

1. In the application list, tap the S Voice icon or double-tap the Home button.

2. Tap the Menu button located in the lower-left area of the phone, below the screen. A Settings option should appear. Select it.

3. Uncheck the Launch S-Voice option.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When u press the home button once, it will take you to the home screen that you were previously on, and then when u press the home button again from one of the home screen, it will take you to your first page, all for conveniency

You can however change the home screen first page to a different screen by pinching the screen from the home screen and holding one of the home screens to select it as your first page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thnkthru3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I unselected the S Voice double tap option howeve the screen continues to return to the home page from which an app was launced rather than the designated home page?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
That's how it works and how it always was on every phone (at least ones I've used) I've used... Was it like that on any other phone?

U might want to try another launcher and see if they have an option for that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

thnkthru3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My previous Inspire returns to the designated home page on first tap..but thank you for the input. I can live with two presses of a button as long as I know its by design

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You may want to give this a try https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.smart.swkey&token=ec3Pmbye - it says that some keys work without root (although I can't tell you which ones since my SGSIII is rooted). I got tired of the double-press of the Home button to bring up the recently used list, and I figured sooner or later the Home button was going to give out.
9ymy3ame.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i can only speak for Go launcher which has option to return to the centre main hme screen when pressing home or not

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You may want to give this a try https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.smart.swkey&token=DRjFZ9zk - it says that some keys work without root (although I can't tell you which ones since my SGSIII is rooted). I got tired of the double-press of the Home button to bring up the recently used list, and I figured sooner or later the Home button was going to give out.
9ymy3ame.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

seems a nice app mate :)
dock4droid is v similar

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1