What is Push Email?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What is the Push Email feature that Blackberry owners have been flaunting about? Is it just where your phone notifies you immediately when you get a new email? Doesn't the Gmail app on Android phone do the same?

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep. So does the regular email app if you have Microsoft active exchange through your job. Microsoft's version is actually more user friendly since I can set it up without dealing with IT.

But it wasn't always that way. A few years ago, BlackBerry's ability to push was a killer feature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
But it wasn't always that way. A few years ago, BlackBerry's ability to push was a killer feature.

I had push email on exchange servers long long ago on my Windows Mobile devices. Though I'm pretty sure that BB was even earlier.

Not that it matters. Later, Apple invented it.

:D

andro100

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Push email is used to describe email systems that provide an always-on capability, in which new email is actively transferred (pushed) as it arrives to your mailbox.
I use Emoze Push client in my Android device which gives the ability to push any type of email ,obviously Exchange ,IMAP,Gmail Hotmail but even POP3 which is very limited email protocol.
I've done benchmarks with the stock ICS email client and with several third party clients and I find that Emoze has the advantage in almost every aspect.
Push notification is stable and fast ,less than 60 sec.
Battery consumption is low ,I’m able to work in push mode without charging for at least 22 hours.
I’m quite a heavy email user so it was kind of a surprise to me because I used to have 6-8 hours max with only one account working in push.
I have 5 email accounts which is about 100-200 email per day so no kidding ,this one really improved my life ,I’m less paranoid about my battery.
Other features which are quite useful are the security options that allows you to find the device location by SMS or email
and also to remote wipe or block by SMS.
This is cool because you don’t need PC connected to the internet to get the job done ,you can simply send SMS to your phone number to activate the security process.