Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How fast is this phone?

I'm deciding between this and the Iphone 5. My experience with android phones has been horrible. Every android phone I've used has had a huge amount of bugs, terrible battery life, and has been extremely slow. I have a Thunderbolt and I cant stand this piece of crap. The battery is at almost 50% at the end of the day with barely any use. Apps crash often and take 5 to 10 seconds to load(even a note app). And a little bit ago I had some weird bug where my phone got very hot, sent a random text, and drained most of the battery, all while being in my pocket idle. It's worse with my brother's Droid 2. Does the GS3 have any of these problems? How is the battery life and how fast do apps load?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Re: How fast is this phone?

I have had no problems with my GS3 except Battery Life. It isn't that great, but with the Jellybean update, It will be improved. To resolve that problem you can use "Power Saver" or the app "Juice Defender".

Apps load really fast and they download fast.

It really is a fast phone! I switch phones alot and by far, this is the best Android Experience I have had. My Note was also very good!

For your bugs, be-careful what you download and how you root, etc.

Phone is fast and is even a bit faster for me after root as some apps don't take up as much ram

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

just judging by your post (i dont mean this in a patronising way i swear) i think youll prefer the ip5 mate.
    are you on a plan that lets you try a phone out for a month or whatever?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    just judging by your post (i dont mean this in a patronising way i swear) i think youll prefer the ip5 mate.

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    No I wish. I didn't even know you could do that. I don't know how much I'd like the screen size on the S3. The phone seems a little big for me

Actually it depends on the type on android phone.

Tha Galaxy S3 is technically faster than the iPhone hardware wise, but the way iOS is made, it uses less memory which is why its smoother and doesn't really lag.

Overall, the GS3 is MUCH better. It had a pretty good battery life using Juice Defender (I get over 20+ hrs), and many more useful features. The camera is WAY better than the iPhone 5 and has many more effects and camera features. GS3 also allows the use of a Micro SD card which is Useful!

The screen size is GREAT for watching YouTube and using the phone overall...I was skeptical at first when I switched from my 4S, but now I see why bigger is better...trust me when u use it for a while...u will love it and not wanna go smaller
    xlDeMoNiClx and funkylogik like this.

Well the Thunderbolt is a piece of crap. Most disappointing phone ever and it would be a shame to judge all Android phones based on that.

I really think the S3 is the best phone on the market right now though. I don't think you'd be disappointed by it.

My 2 cents.

Global Posts
    6,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

A month!? LMAO....if we go over 30 minutes talk time after walking out of the store, it's yours...no exceptions....for every single carrier in Canada.(that I know of)

OP...it's pretty fast, fast enough I don't care to analyze it too much. I just enjoy the phone...and working out of a truck, it's plugged in all day, so battery life isn't too much of a concern for me. I did order some of those (2000 mAh)battery packs that you charge overnight, then plug into your phone when the battery's getting low, but they sent me iPhone packs by mistake... Figured they'd be handy some time.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    funkylogik likes this.

I doubt there is a plan like that

I guess it all depends on whether you want to use an app drawer with a 4 inch screen or an actual phone for productivity

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by withravenoushunger View Post
    No I wish. I didn't even know you could do that. I don't know how much I'd like the screen size on the S3. The phone seems a little big for me
    trust me, i was the same (my fiance bought mine as a surprise) i was considering carrying around a smaller android and keepin the s3 for at home (i dont have a computer) but you really do get used to it and its just small enough to feel fine in your pocket.
    i use a really slim case
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080D...idcentral00-20

GT-I9300, UK

I had the Thunderbolt and that phone was horrible! Between the limited battery life, speaker blowing out and the screen that stopped displaying you should not judge all androids by it. I now have the S3 and love it. Fast, no issues after 3+ months and 14 - 16 hrs on an average battery charge. Good luck deciding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

So far my s3 has been great no problems at all. Apps load quick and little to no lag at all and my battery life is awesome. How fast is this phone?-uploadfromtaptalk1349662192507.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpullins View Post
    So far my s3 has been great no problems at all. Apps load quick and little to no lag at all and my battery life is awesome. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349662192507.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	40259

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Daaang how do you get ur battery to last so long??

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Daaang how do you get ur battery to last so long??
    Notice the first thing on there is cell standby,if the phone was really in use the first thing would be screen time.

Sent from my S3(:

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I doubt there is a plan like that
    Up until a week or so ago, AT&T had a 30 return period.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Phone is probably the fastest thing I've used. Seriously blows away my perception of "speed" I had.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

remember battery life graph doesnt reset until it charges to 90% or sumthin but that graph looks legit', no charges

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by NickLippert View Post

That 14 day thing is in effect already?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

http://m.androidcentral.com/woz-htc-...gets-he-bought

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

heres a screenshot of my s3 on quadrant (it wont be at the top for long lol stupid Note 2)
    How fast is this phone?-uploadfromtaptalk1349663905582.jpg
    just to show that it is a monster of a phone

GT-I9300, UK

http://m.androidcentral.com/woz-htc-...gets-he-bought

Now that I think of it wasn't that phone recently discussed on the weekly podcast a few episodes Ago?

Don't judge Android phones by the experience you had with the Thunderbolt. Not a great phone at all, and had horrendous battery life. That said, the GS3 is very fast - at least with regard to general navigation, opening/closing apps, etc. The GPU on the GS3 isn't the best, but it will still play most games reasonably well. Spec-wise, nothing can touch the iPhone 5 right now for raw computing muscle - especially that GPU, it's an utter beast. (and the GPU in the iPhone 4S was also incredibly strong - probably stronger than the Adreno in the GS3)

But again, if you're concerned about the snappiness of the phone.. don't be. The GS3 is plenty quick and won't bother you at all. What might bother you is the size. Personally I have small hands and I think anything over 4.3 inches is too big. Still, I like the GS3 enough to put up with it. Good luck, both are great phones - no bad choices here.

Generally speaking the GS3 is extremely fast with a decent battery. With that said is there something to be said in terms of speed and fluidity when a company can optimize the software and hardware together like Apple can, without a doubt.
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickLippert View Post

Yeah I heard....what a stupid decision from AT&T...maybe they think people are abusing it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast