Quick question. May be weird

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know this might be weird but does anyone know of a way to make the talk back feature more human like and less robotic. Hearing the default voice is annoying.

"may the odds be in your favor"

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you go to "Settings" , then "Language and Input", you can change the Voice Recognizer... I changed mine to Google because it sounds much better and more realistic... Google Now will have a very realistic one can't wait!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
download a TTS Text To Speak engine and download a voice or accent you like for it (you usualy have to pay for the voice but youll get to hear a sample) then set that as default ;)
("ivona" tts has some free voices for a limited time, i like the english speaking welsh girl :) )

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you go to "Settings" , then "Language and Input", you can change the Voice Recognizer... I changed mine to Google because it sounds much better and more realistic... Google Now will have a very realistic one can't wait!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

i prefer the samsung one over google for some reason coz its a girl lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use SVOX as the engine and some lady with an English accent. It's nice since you can also change the speed and pitch of the voice, so you can really get it to sound like you want.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah think i had a play with svox. think u can can change pitch and speed of any tts app within phone settings mate :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i prefer the samsung one over google for some reason coz its a girl lol

The Google one sounds like a much sexier girl which is why I chose it...I dont want my phone sounding like a robot lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The Google one sounds like a much sexier girl which is why I chose it...I dont want my phone sounding like a robot lol

my google one is a dude lol!
you can change the samsung ones, the robot one is cool at 1st but becomes shiz

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
mine sounds like a gay english dude lol :(
my phone is defo a female though <3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the "Gwyneth" Welsh accent for Ivona TTS is prety sexy man, especialy my girl sends me a naughty txt and it reads it out :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy