How Can I Hide the Status Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Disparaging remarks are not tolerated. Do it again, and you're gone.

i agree.. and let this be a warning to all the trolls.. if you come to a thread youre expected to be respectful.. many times ppl come to a thread and post insults and it creates chaos. then the op gets mad and has no choice but to defend himself by attacking the trolling attackers or report to a mod.. a mod comes in, closes the thread and/or bans both the trolls and the op who's the victim standing up for himself. then the mod jeopardizes his job as a mod cuz the op reports him for being unfair. so in all, everyone loses. and i'm the type that if you poke me intentionally, i'll deck you.. it doesnt mean i'm a bad guy, its just who i am.. seriously, respect if you want to be respected... real talk.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Really? Your the one to post that? I am pretty sure it was your posts that got deleted. But that is fine. Live where you are.

Moving on, with the newest version of LiquidSmooth it is an option to hide the status bar everywhere, both the lockscreen and the homescreen. Just an FYI

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i got an unrooted S3 and i want to hide the status bar. how can i hide it but have the ability to unhide it through a finger gesture?
Well to answer your question...you should try out one of the launchers...you can leave them how they are, and it can look exactly like the stock Touchwiz but with more features. You never know you might like the launchers and take advantage of the customization...I suggest Nova Launcher, its what I use and its the best

FYI, iPhone cant do that without jailbreaking it, and iPhone is a static boring phone, you cant really do much with it unless you jailbreak. Android is definitely much more customizable, just take a look at the different homescreens people have created

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
UT oh the last guy who gave that advice, though it is the correct answer, got called names. Good luck... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
UT oh the last guy who gave that advice, though it is the correct answer, got called names. Good luck... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still here ;)
Hopefully you all said what you had to say and got the name calling out of your systems so we can keep this thread moving like civilized people.
Anyways we'll end the nonsense here.

Back on topic:
Well to answer your question...you should try out one of the launchers...you can leave them how they are, and it can look exactly like the stock Touchwiz but with more features. You never know you might like the launchers and take advantage of the customization...I suggest Nova Launcher, its what I use and its the bestFYI, iPhone cant do that without jailbreaking it, and iPhone is a static boring phone, you cant really do much with it unless you jailbreak. Android is definitely much more customizable, just take a look at the different homescreens people have created

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
pretty funny ill give you that Kool.
have a beer mate :beer:
peace :)

you really should try a custom launcher though. even if iphones are better, you have a very powerful android so make the best out of a bad situation ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Really? Your the one to post that? I am pretty sure it was your posts that got deleted. But that is fine. Live where you are.

Moving on, with the newest version of LiquidSmooth it is an option to hide the status bar everywhere, both the lockscreen and the homescreen. Just an FYI

really? youre the one trolling again tempting the mod to ban you? i am pretty sure that none of my posts got deleted so stop hallucinating on e. and i am sure that no one takes you seriously. but thats ok.. its your life.

onto the topic, i didnt find an app called "liquidsmooth".. its a rom as far as i know so its not an app.

Well to answer your question...you should try out one of the launchers...you can leave them how they are, and it can look exactly like the stock Touchwiz but with more features. You never know you might like the launchers and take advantage of the customization...I suggest Nova Launcher, its what I use and its the best

FYI, iPhone cant do that without jailbreaking it, and iPhone is a static boring phone, you cant really do much with it unless you jailbreak. Android is definitely much more customizable, just take a look at the different homescreens people have created

yeah i did try launcher pro.. its a good launcher but it only hides the status bar in the home screen, not on the apps. looks like i'll stick with touchwiz..and i do agree with you about the iphone. but it has an advantage that even the fastest android doesnt have, and thats smoothness.. i wish the android devs couldve made android smooth.. it shudders. .

thanks for the suggestion.. appreciate the intelligent response.. its been needed in this thread.

Lol thanks but imma ignore it... Ignorance is meant to be ignored

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

but bad grammar and spelling shouldnt be... think about it.

I'm still here ;)
Hopefully you all said what you had to say and got the name calling out of your systems so we can keep this thread moving like civilized people.
Anyways we'll end the nonsense here.

Back on topic:

i couldnt agree with you more.

pretty funny ill give you that Kool.
have a beer mate :beer:
peace :)

you really should try a custom launcher though. even if iphones are better, you have a very powerful android so make the best out of a bad situation ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

thanks funkylogik.. just that if some ppl on these forums stopped trolling, the forums would be a nicer place.

as for a launcher, i wish i could hide the status bar in the apps.. but i dont htink this is possible.. and if it is, it could mess up my phone.. but thank you for your suggestion and words..

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You can also download Holo locker. You can hide or disable the status bar and you don't have to be rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
some browsers can hide it too, thats about the only place i need it hidden i think.
games, vid players, youtube auto hide it

p.s, you can bring out the status bar in any app, games etc by sliding your thumb from the bezel at to of the screen slowly onto the screen (takes a bit of practice)

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can also download Holo locker. You can hide or disable the status bar and you don't have to be rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

i'll take a lok at it.. hopefully that app will hide the status bar in my other apps.. but do u know if that or other app can unhide it by a finger gesture?

some browsers can hide it too, thats about the only place i need it hidden i think.
games, vid players, youtube auto hide it

p.s, you can bring out the status bar in any app, games etc by sliding your thumb from the bezel at to of the screen slowly onto the screen (takes a bit of practice)

yeah i know.. thanks for the info.. it takes a while getting your thumb used to sliding out the status bar

Status
Not open for further replies.