Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Can I Hide the Status Bar?

i got an unrooted S3 and i want to hide the status bar. how can i hide it but have the ability to unhide it through a finger gesture?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: How Can I Hide the Status Bar?

i think most custom launchers have the option mate.
    i use Go Launcher, its free and you can hide/show the status bar and/or dock with gestures.
    theres better launchers than Go but think youl have to pay to get that feature.
    maybe not on free Apex launcher?
    it makes homescreen look SO much hotter.
    it only hides it on homescreen btw, not on apps that usualy have it shown

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

without
    How Can I Hide the Status Bar?-uploadfromtaptalk1349674302777.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Yeah I think the only way is to use a launcher

Third party launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to do this. As funky mentioned, it only works on homescreen, and not in other apps. Hope this helps!

ROM
    Stock

Pretend its not there

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    Pretend its not there

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    lol :beer:

GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Third party launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to do this. As funky mentioned, it only works on homescreen, and not in other apps. Hope this helps!
    yeah but i like the native launcher in the s3. i dont like other launchers.. they look nerdy.. what i dont understand is that the iphone can be easily customized, and so this isnt an issue for it. but why on android which has been touted to be better than the iphone, especially with customization, cant the same thing be done?? this makes no sense.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 10-11-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: language

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    yeah but i like the native launcher in the s3. i dont like other launchers.. they look nerdy.. what i dont understand is that the iphone can be easily customized, and so this isnt an issue for it. but why on android which has been touted to be better than the iphone, especially with customization, cant the same thing be done?? this makes no sense.
    umm youre not makin sense lol. its very customisable by using apps+widgets.
    launchers can be made to look however u want.. have you seen the homescreens thread in "stickies"
    think u chose the wrong phone though tbh

Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 10-11-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: quoting edited post
    GT-I9300, UK
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    umm youre not makin sense lol. its very customisable by using apps+widgets.
    launchers can be made to look however u want.. have you seen the homescreens thread in "stickies"
    think u chose the wrong phone though tbh

wow youre not intelligent. lol.. the s3 is very custimizable except that you cant hide the status bar.. have you ever used an s3? i think youre in the wrong forum though.. tbh.

global s3, UK, i welcome your intelligent comments unlike others in here and i'll reply to you.

If they look nerdy, it's because you made them that way. Nova launcher will copy your TW homescreen setup exactly the way you had when you first start it. From there you are able to make far more changes to the apearence of your homescreens including hiding the notification bar.
    Last edited by evq.003; 10-11-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    evq.003 - More intelligent than the average *****!

"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you."
    Thanked by 2:
    TenshiNo likes this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

wow youre not intelligent. lol.. the s3 is very custimizable except that you cant hide the status bar.. have you ever used an s3? i think youre in the wrong forum though.. tbh.

global s3, UK, i welcome your intelligent comments unlike others in here and i'll reply to you.
    So much ignorance going on in your last two replies. Haha. I don't even find them worth pointing out because they are so obviously wrong
    Thanked by 2:
    evq.003 and tsells like this.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Wow the only thing the iphone is apparently easier to customize than an android ( even though there is a option to do it in android ) and you are baffled. Trying customizing the other 99% of the stuff that android can do on a jail broken iphone and see what happens..... oh wait, you can't.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 10-11-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: quoting edited post
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

look at my screenshot. i can guarantee you thats an unrooted s3 (mine lol) .... now do you see a statusbar????
    dont think youre in a position to judge others' intelligence dude :beer:

Last edited by funkylogik; 10-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    GT-I9300, UK
    Donoghan likes this.

ROM
    2.3.5(phone), 4.0.4(tab)

Use the root-powered app GMD gesture control
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am pretty sure that with some launchers you can also get rid of the status bar on the lockscreen...I could be confused that it is a ROM option though

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I am pretty sure that with some launchers you can also get rid of the status bar on the lockscreen...I could be confused that it is a ROM option though
    yeah its an option on custom lockscreens and maybe on some launchers

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

jst realised how much of a tit this op is lol, askin a question, gettin an answer, then turnin into a cheeky lil kid lol.
    hope people remember your crap when youre stuck with something else (im sure you will be) and reply with a

GT-I9300, UK
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Dude, you are so far past having issues, you have whole subscriptions.

You get an honest answer then attack the guy who gives it to you?

Go over the xda with that attitude, you would fit right in, we are about helping people over here, not being a twit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Tkbredx likes this.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Closed for review.
    Thanked by 2:

Disparaging remarks are not tolerated. Do it again, and you're gone.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 3:
    funkylogik likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    Disparaging remarks are not tolerated. Do it again, and you're gone.
    i agree.. and let this be a warning to all the trolls.. if you come to a thread youre expected to be respectful.. many times ppl come to a thread and post insults and it creates chaos. then the op gets mad and has no choice but to defend himself by attacking the trolling attackers or report to a mod.. a mod comes in, closes the thread and/or bans both the trolls and the op who's the victim standing up for himself. then the mod jeopardizes his job as a mod cuz the op reports him for being unfair. so in all, everyone loses. and i'm the type that if you poke me intentionally, i'll deck you.. it doesnt mean i'm a bad guy, its just who i am.. seriously, respect if you want to be respected... real talk.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Really? Your the one to post that? I am pretty sure it was your posts that got deleted. But that is fine. Live where you are.

Moving on, with the newest version of LiquidSmooth it is an option to hide the status bar everywhere, both the lockscreen and the homescreen. Just an FYI
    Thanked by 2:

i got an unrooted S3 and i want to hide the status bar. how can i hide it but have the ability to unhide it through a finger gesture?
    Well to answer your question...you should try out one of the launchers...you can leave them how they are, and it can look exactly like the stock Touchwiz but with more features. You never know you might like the launchers and take advantage of the customization...I suggest Nova Launcher, its what I use and its the best

FYI, iPhone cant do that without jailbreaking it, and iPhone is a static boring phone, you cant really do much with it unless you jailbreak. Android is definitely much more customizable, just take a look at the different homescreens people have created
    funkylogik likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

UT oh the last guy who gave that advice, though it is the correct answer, got called names. Good luck... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik and smooth4lyfe like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast