nova prime setup help

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok ive finally got round to making the move from Go Launcher to Nova Prime.
maybe this thread will help other people new to Nova or custom launchers in general?
#1 how do i change the font style and colour of folder names in homescreen?
:beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Your font will be changed inside the phone settings on the SGS3, not Nova...

hi
cant i change it independantly for the home screen and change colour?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...even on Go Launcher (free) you can change app/folder label font+colour so im really hoping Nova has same feature.... its much snappier than Go.
how awkward is it to make app folders btw, on Go u make a folder, go through your app list and tick everything you want in it. unless im missing something, with Nova you have to add each app to screen one by one n then piggyback them to make a folder?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
...even on Go Launcher (free) you can change app/folder label font+colour so im really hoping Nova has same feature.... its much snappier than Go.
how awkward is it to make app folders btw, on Go u make a folder, go through your app list and tick everything you want in it. unless im missing something, with Nova you have to add each app to screen one by one n then piggyback them to make a folder?

To add multiple apps in folder. When you create the folder, open the folder, click the 3 dots on the right then at the very bottom click select multiple. Then you can mass load apps into folders.

To make it even faster go to nova settings, look and feel and change scroll and animation speed to faster than light.

You can also change the overall theme of nova launcher to any color you want by nova settings, color theme then change. Or change the icon theme by adding icon packs from the play store.

You only have the option to change folder preview and background for now, not font or label color has to be done through samsung settings for fonts. This has to be a small price to pay than using a launcher that is bloated with ads beyond belief. Nova Launcher is a winner.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cheers man, yeah ive kept some animation but its so good returning to homescreen and having no rewrite lag :)
wish id known abot the folders before i made them lol :)
heres my homescreen justnow on nova

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
would help if i posted the pic lol
uploadfromtaptalk1349701350761.jpg
glad i finaly made the switch, nova is just so much lighter :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's possible.I don't see it on Apex Launcher either. Good idea though. I suggest sneaking the dev that go launcher had it and he should incorporate it. He might do it if the competitor does

Glad you've finally gotten an ICS launcher :p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
go launcher does it though lol.
it is worth the sacrifice though. my s3 feels like an s3 now :)
oops just reread your post mate sorry. sometimes i read to fast and skip stuff

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
To add multiple apps in folder. When you create the folder, open the folder, click the 3 dots on the right then at the very bottom click select multiple. Then you can mass load apps into folders.

To make it even faster go to nova settings, look and feel and change scroll and animation speed to faster than light.

It seems to limit the number of apps per folder. At least I have trouble adding apps to some folders. It seems to add them but they do not show up when I open the folder.

You can also change the overall theme of nova launcher to any color you want by nova settings, color theme then change. Or change the icon theme by adding icon packs from the play store.

You only have the option to change folder preview and background for now, not font or label color has to be done through samsung settings for fonts. This has to be a small price to pay than using a launcher that is bloated with ads beyond belief. Nova Launcher is a winner.

glynch212

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime and Folders

I am using Nova Prime on my Galaxy Note II. I created 2 folders but can't find a way to move them to my home screen . Please help. Thanks!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am using Nova Prime on my Galaxy Note II. I created 2 folders but can't find a way to move them to my home screen . Please help. Thanks!

Just long press it, drag it to the very edge of the screen n itl move to next screen man. Takes a bit of practice :thumbup:

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The ability to customize all aspects and make it look like MY phone is why I can to the s3 from iPhone.... I love Nova Launcher!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I went to Apex because it allowed more rows and columns on the homescreen than Nova did, but just switched back because Nova's last update fixed that to bring it on par with Apex. I also decided I wanted to use folders in my drawer (which Apex doesn't have).

So I'm back in the Nova fold now.

Adam Scheigert

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nova Prime on my Galaxy Note II. I have created a folder but can't find a way to move it to my home screen. Earlier in this thread someone else asked the same question and was told to "long press it, drag it to the very edge of the screen and it will move to next screen" However that answer doesn't help me as I don't even have the Folder on any of my screens. When I created the folder I went into Nova settings, selected Drawer then selected Drawer Groups. I then selected the Folder tab and pressed the + button at the top right of the screen to create a new Folder and added apps to it.

I can now see the folder in my App drawer but I want the folder to display on my home screen as I can now see no way to move the folder to any of the home screens I have. I can long-press an icon in the App Drawer and start dragging it and it will go to my home screen. However when I long press the folder in the App Drawer nothing happens, so it seems the actual apps can be long pressed and dropped to a home screen but not a folder. So if someone can tell me how to get a folder to display on my home screen and not just in my app drawer I would be grateful. Thanks

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Adam,
This isn't the exact answer that you're looking for, but you can create folders on any of your Home screens. Simply long-press on an empty spot, choose Apps, then SELECT MULTIPLE. Choose the apps that you want and then CREATE FOLDER.
I haven't tried dragging a folder from the apps list itself so I can't help you there - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Adam, screen folders and drawer folders are, I think, two different things. One let's you combine items on the home screen, the other lets you organize the app drawer.

To put a folder on the home screen, you can follow GSDer's approach, or you can just drag one icon (that's already on the home screen) on top of another icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699