How can I listen to music via bluetooth?

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I use all kinds of bluetooth audio streaming.
- stereo audio through A2DP to my Acura
- rocketfish BT speaker
- mono jabra BT headset

They all work well with good quality except the mono headset; which I'm not too surprised about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mensaphone

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung hs3000 is pretty good (dongle type). Sounds decent, buttons are fairly frustrating unergonmoical. For the price I like it. I I hook it up to my various aux... But everything has to be cranked up (as to be expected)

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You need a Bluetooth unit capable of playing music. Just a regular earpiece wont do AD2P unless you have one of the advanced Jawbone devices.

Not all bluetooth headsets do A2DP (I made the mistake of purchasing one that doesn't). There are still bluetooth headsets (they don't have to be a stereo headset) that won't do A2DP so you need to get one that is A2DP capable or you won't be able to stream audio (podcasts or music).

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Want a non-expensive option just to try out and see how you like stereo bluetooth quality?

Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Microphone

I kid you not, best bang for buck.
They're light, comfortable, and the audio is quite good. Remember, going wireless with ANYTHING causes a little degradation of signal. These, however, not bad at all.
Call quality isn't bad either. Very few complaints about not being able to hear me clearly.

And if you end up not liking it? You didn't waste much cash. You could even make it a little hand-me down to your kid brother or cousin or something. Or even just use them as your "beater" set.

web0rama

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How is the sound on this BT headset? I bought a BT headset from Costco, but the sound is not that great and it gets very uncomfortable as the earbuds attached to the main structure of the unit. I've switched back to the standard SG3 earbuds.

Kind of like this one http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AX1mQkaGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, I am considering a BT music bar, does the quality of a BT connection come close to a wired connection.

I can concur that the older model works extremely well. I received the HBS-700 headset for my birthday this year & use it everyday. Definitely better headsets for calls & the audio will distort @ higher volumes but I use it mainly for background music to tune out the monotonous cubicle farm sounds. If you're looking for a music bar I'd start with the jambox. A buddy of mine uses the smaller model @ the lake & it is freaking impressive even down on the dock with a group of people talking.

AngelBen

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the voyager legend too and i can stream audio with no problem. The problem is when you try to stream audio on a call at the samte time. I thinks its not possible yet. I've tried everything. Will return this POS and get something else. The magnetic charger isn't useful anyway.

Last edited:

jeron757

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
i have a samsug galaxy s3 and i purchase a set of BT-500 bluetooth sterio headphones. i 've paired it to my phne and the calling audio works. however im trying to stream music on it and i can't get it to work. i went to my music app on the phne, selected the track,hit the menu button and selected listen via bluetooth. it hold the bluetooth buttom on the headset til it stays on and then hit the scan buttom on the phne. it finds all my other bluetooth devices EXCEPT my head set. what am i doing wrong?

wosherman

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Plantronic mono bt had similiar issue on samsung. Resolved with combined installs of "BTMono" and "Bluetooth Music Player Free". Not impressed with the music player but it did play through the mono set.

gtfshg

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the LG HBS-730 as well but I can't listen to music when paired with my Galaxy S4, do you know why that is? Is the some sort of setting in Android 4.2.2 that needs to be turned on?

Robert Brownie

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy S3, it found the bluetooth for calls with no problem but it will not connect to the music. The music just plays through the phone and when I search for devices in the music program it says no devices found? any suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Robert,
You didn't state what type/model of Bluetooth device you're connecting to. Does it support a music profile?

Normally the device (earbuds; headset; speaker; receiver; etc) supplies a profile to the phone when it connects which specifies what it supports - if it doesn't support music playback then the phone won't try to play music through it, just like the phone wouldn't try to connect a phone call if the speakers didn't include a microphone.

Some devices (a car stereo for example) support multiple configurations so the phone will play music and connect phone calls. There may be a configuration option for your device that will let it play music.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Kasi Wade-Griffberg

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I recieved a LG HBS-730 for Christmas, I was pretty excited to try with my Galaxy Note but the headset will only connect to the phone audio.. Will not connect to the media. Any suggestions?? My phone has service with AT&T & the headset was purchased at a VZW store, I don't think that makes much difference but it might. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez