How can I listen to music via bluetooth?

noone22

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I bought this phone (loving it btw) but I want to listen to music via my bluetooth. I have tried BT Mono, but whenever I go to play music, it was says "Unable to play during call", and I'm not making any calls. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Or is there any other program I can use?

Thanks for your help!

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Any Bluetooth ear piece manufactured in the last 4 years will receive all audio output from your phone so long as they are paired and you have not disabled audio streaming

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got these awesome bluetooth stereo earbuds, LG tone+ HBS-730 . They work perfectly, are really comfortable and the battery lasts forever. They can even read your text messages to you(although I've had mixed results with this). Can't imagine going back to wired earphones now. The bass isn't the best, but the great features and convenience definitely out way the cons. Highly recommend. If you have any questions about them just let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2219659

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349760544949.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349760544949.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited:

noone22

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Any Bluetooth ear piece manufactured in the last 4 years will receive all audio output from your phone so long as they are paired and you have not disabled audio streaming

I have it paired, how do I enable audio streaming?

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, click on bluetooth, and click on the little settings icon next to your device, there should be a media audio profile you can enable. That's how it works for mine at least, never really used bluetooth before this....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, click on bluetooth, and click on the little settings icon next to your device, there should be a media audio profile you can enable. That's how it works for mine at least, never really used bluetooth before this....

my gt-i9300 doesnt seem to have those options mate..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
my gt-i9300 doesnt seem to have those options mate..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Hmmm, actually I believe these say they can pair to two devices, one for media and one for calls/text. So maybe that's why it has the option. I've never used any other bluetooth so I can't really say what regular headsets are capable of.

Sent from my Verizon Sammy GS3

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You need a Bluetooth unit capable of playing music. Just a regular earpiece wont do AD2P unless you have one of the advanced Jawbone devices.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the GSIII is not kind to Bluetooth devices without stereo capability

My GSIII outputs music to all my Bluetooth devices except my blueant supertooth 3 hands-free car unit. It's a mono audio device

anon(24178)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got a pair of the LG Tone myself. You can perform a bass boost by holding the volume up and down buttons until you hear it beep. Pretty significant difference in my experience.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the GSIII is not kind to Bluetooth devices without stereo capability

My GSIII outputs music to all my Bluetooth devices except my blueant supertooth 3 hands-free car unit. It's a mono audio device

Just go to Settings / Accessibility and tick or untick the mono box as needed. I also found there is a mono on / off widget (that I think comes with the phone) that I have on my home screen.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got these awesome bluetooth stereo earbuds, LG tone+ HBS-730 . They work perfectly, are really comfortable and the battery lasts forever. They can even read your text messages to you(although I've had mixed results with this). Can't imagine going back to wired earphones now. The bass isn't the best, but the great features and convenience definitely out way the cons. Highly recommend. If you have any questions about them just let me know.
LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories
How is the sound on this BT headset? I bought a BT headset from Costco, but the sound is not that great and it gets very uncomfortable as the earbuds attached to the main structure of the unit. I've switched back to the standard SG3 earbuds.

Kind of like this one http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AX1mQkaGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, I am considering a BT music bar, does the quality of a BT connection come close to a wired connection.

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
How is the sound on this BT headset? I bought a BT headset from Costco, but the sound is not that great and it gets very uncomfortable as the earbuds attached to the main structure of the unit. I've switched back to the standard SG3 earbuds.

Kind of like this one http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AX1mQkaGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, I am considering a BT music bar, does the quality of a BT connection come close to a wired connection.

I think the sound is great, but I'm no audiophile. There's also no delay when watching videos so I guess that means it's a good connection. I've thought about getting ones similar to what you have but figured they'd be uncomfortable, and then I found these. Looked at several reviews around the Web and youtube of the older version and the all seemed pretty happy with them so I took the plunge. Couldn't be happier. With these its easy to forget your wearing them. As for a music bar, I have no clue.

Sent from my Verizon Sammy GS3

Last edited:

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few different headsets, I have a bluetooth speaker for the deck and have a bluetooth dongle to connect to my aux for the car. I am able to use my car bluetooth dongle to strem tunes while I have my heaset set to call audio for the possible incoming call. The S3 can be connected to a call audio and media audio device individually. I had picked up a BlueAnt Q2 and it could multicast which measn I could have an iPhone (work) and my S3 connected simultaneously while streaming tunes on my backroads journey back home after work.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few different headsets, I have a bluetooth speaker for the deck and have a bluetooth dongle to connect to my aux for the car. I am able to use my car bluetooth dongle to strem tunes while I have my heaset set to call audio for the possible incoming call. The S3 can be connected to a call audio and media audio device individually. I had picked up a BlueAnt Q2 and it could multicast which measn I could have an iPhone (work) and my S3 connected simultaneously while streaming tunes on my backroads journey back home after work.
So your car radio has Aux in and you plug a BT dongle into that? My car radio doesn't have a normal aux in. However it has a dvd player for screens on the back head rests. The DVD then has some right left Aux inputs and I have a cable that plugs into that and then into my SG3 headphone jack and then I put the DVD on Aux 1 - it is quite a work around but it does a decent job.

It would be great to have some type of BT dongle that would work with that so my phone would not be attached to a cable. I am also thinking of taking my car to car tunes and see what they can do. For my car, there is a $500 add on for the radio that will allow it to control an iphone to take calls and play tunes. With that I would be able to take calls and control the music player via the steering wheel or radio. It would be nice to have something like that for the SG3.

Do you think your BT speakers on the deck sound just as good via BT as if you had it wired?