Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default How many people use an S3 and iPad combo?

After using various OS's and combinations... I have found that the perfect combo for me is an Android Phone and iPad tablet... I tried using an Android Tablet, but the tablet user experience that the iPad offers beats anything out there.... In saying that, Windows 8 does look promising...

Rasta4i

Default Re: How many people use an S3 and iPad combo?

Not me S3 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 here. I would rather poke toothpicks into my eyeballs than use a apple product
    killakel77 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah i wouldnt use an apple product just through pride+principle but im sure the ipad is flawless

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

*Raises hand*

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    *Raises hand*
    *shakes head at bro*

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    Tkbredx likes this.
    Banned

dose it really need to use both ?

Default How many people use an S3 and iPad combo?

Me. I've not tried an Android tablet, I went for the ipad 2 as iPads were supposed to be the best tablet available. I've had an iPhone 4S and my experience is that the Galaxy S3 is a better phone in both hardware and software, however I can't see an Android tablet being a better experience than the ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Android for life! Are you kIddIng me!?!? All I need is my s3. I have a Sony tablet s too but since I got this phone I have been neglecting my tablet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Forums.
    Sent from The Samsung Note 3, I eat apples!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by killakel77 View Post
    Android for life! Are you kIddIng me!?!? All I need is my s3. I have a Sony tablet s too but since I got this phone I have been neglecting my tablet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Forums.
    lol yeah i basicly use my s3 as a 3g tablet

GT-I9300, UK

I most definitely do. There's no Android tablet out there that is able to match the level of fit, and finish of the iPad. I own an iPad 3, but I have also owned the first, and second gen iPads as well.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

There's nothing the ipad can do that I can't do with my Galaxy 10.1 tab. I wouldn't use an apple product if I was paid to use one. I'm all Samsung and Android I even have a Samsung Smart LED TV. Android is a better OS also.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

*Another raised hand*

My experience with the first galaxy tab was utter failure. From the screen lag and the operating system just wasnt on par with the phones.There was very little apps that worked at the time and I hated using mtp without sdcard. The file transfer took to long for my taste. IPad just works, simple and to the point. The battery last foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever. I have the best of both worlds.

I have the S3 and the Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet. I will never buy an Apple product.

I have an iPad 2 that the company bought for me back when the iPad 2 was the latest-and greatest. Honestly, at the time if I was using my own money, I would have bought the same thing, but if I was buying today, I'd get an Android tablet. Been thinking about a Tab or a Nexus 7. There are many many annoying things about the iPad that I can't stand (mostly relating to how locked down it is...like I can't stand not being able to change the keyboard). But for most functions, it works fine.

Regardless, they live in relative peace. I posted this in another thread asking if they could co-exist, so figured I might as well post it here (edited a bit so it makes sense)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I have a company-bought iPad2 and an Android phone. Been doing it since the iPad2 was released. It's really not too bad, but I'll detail my experiences.

Your biggest problem is going to be apps...more importantly having to double-purchase things that aren't free. But really, other than the money issue (which may or may not be a lot to you), it's easy enough to get around, so here are my recommendations and how I live my life between the iPad/Android/PC world.

1. I do not buy ANYTHING from the Apple ecosystem other than apps. No iBooks or anything from iTunes or anything like that. While you can use iTunes music on other devices, things like iBooks only work on iDevices, along with many of their other services, so I just stay the hell away from buying from the Apple stores.
    2. Music: I've uploaded my collection to Google Music and I can listen to that on all my devices. You can download the music (for local/non-connected playing) and use it on the iDevice. So any music purchases come from there too (admittedly, I stream most of my music with Pandora or Slacker, so I'm not buying a lot of music these days)
    3. Books: I buy them from Kindle. It syncs to all my devices and works flawlessly.
    4. Movies: Honestly, I just use Netflix....I have no recommendation on where to buy them from. Netflix works on everything though, if you use it. If not, maybe someone else has a recommendation
    5. Calendar: Google Calendar for personal stuff and syncs to everything...even the default calendar app on my iPad. I also use my work's Exchange (which also syncs to my calendar on everything).
    6. Photos: Picasa (which will probably be merging with Google+). Photos on my phone sync automatically to it once connected to Wireless, and my iPad syncs as well (although typically I'm only viewing photos on myiPad...not taking them).
    7. Browser: Chrome on everything. Syncs my bookmarks across all the devices, as well as my tabs.
    8. I stick with apps that will sync across all my devices. Just some of those include TripIt (for my travel stuff), Evernote for any notes I take, most of the Google products (Music, Picasa, Gmail, Calendar, etc), Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

In fact, I even have an "Apple Crap" folder on the last screen of my iPad that I've moved the Apple-only apps into that I'll never use. Those include: iBooks, Reminders, Game Center, Safari, iTunes, Music, FaceTime (if someone wants to video chat, they can use Skype like everyone else, or I'm slowly convincing contacts to start using Google+), Videos, and Notes. Like I said, I have replacements for all of those (that work and sync to all my devices, not just to iDevices), and even though some (like Safari) will always open as the default program, I'll never actually open it up manually to use it, so it gets thrown into the "Apple crap" folder, never to be seen again.....well, unless I need to help someone like you out and I need to rattle off all the stuff that in it

In short, it's not horrible living in a multi-ecosystem environment....but again, my Android phone is my primary daily driver that gets 90% of the use, leaving my IPad kindof relegated to when I'm home relaxing on the couch and want to read a book on it or the tech blogs and stuff and just want a bigger screen than my Galaxy S3.
    Thanked by:

I had the xoom with the iPhone and then the S3. Didn't use the xoom anymore so I sold it. Don't really miss it. Would consider a smaller iPad.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Yep same i have those two.. but i got ipad as a gift so calm down people

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

::raises hand::

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Yeah. I think the iPad still has the crown by a good lead in terms of tablets.

The amount of apps available absolutely destroys android tablets. And when you jailbreak it? OMG

Free apps, free in app purchases, (sorry bout those two devs ), themes, being able to make iPhone apps have iPad resolution so when you press the 2x button to make it took the whole screen you keep the high definition of the app and don't get the pixelated version. Animations, different lock screen and notification center.

I love my iPad 2!

Draw the pattern by playing the Pac man game to unlock the device
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many people use an S3 and iPad combo?-uploadfromtaptalk1349822479140.jpg   How many people use an S3 and iPad combo?-uploadfromtaptalk1349822553151.jpg  

Must be nice to be able to afford both

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I had an iPhone 4, but dumped that as soon as I got the S3. It's simply a better phone in almost every aspect. I did try several Android tablets, but I was sorely disappointed by them. I have an iPad 3 and the sheer power of it is wonderful. The locked down thing doesn't bother me since I'm a jailbreak die-hard (will not own an iPhone/iPad that's not jailbroken)
    Seph DeMtl likes this.

I need the bigger screen real estate that the iPad 3 provides - primarily to help out the eyes. S3 is great during the day/evening for casual reading, but for me is not sufficient for extended reading. The Tab 2 10.1 is something I'd like to have, but I don't necessarily need it. Maybe if one of the older iPads unexpectedly quits then I'll hand off my iPad 3 to the kids...
    funkylogik likes this.

The Note 10.1 tablet is a much better choice than the iPad. Expandable memory, mult-tasking, Smart Stay, Video Pop Up, and so many more things that the iPad cannot.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Thanked by:
    Beyond Fire likes this.

Global Posts
    1,253 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

And the ability to drag and drop multiple types of files without having to convert them so they are compatible with iTunes is a plus.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by android1561 View Post
    There's nothing the ipad can do that I can't do with my Galaxy 10.1 tab. I wouldn't use an apple product if I was paid to use one. I'm all Samsung and Android I even have a Samsung Smart LED TV. Android is a better OS also.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    There's a ton more apps for the iPad than for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and every Android tab in general. I also own a Samsung 3D LED TV, and love it but the tablet world belongs to Apple.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    1,253 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    There's a ton more apps for the iPad than for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and every Android tab in general. I also own a Samsung 3D LED TV, and love it but the tablet world belongs to Apple.
    That may be the case now but it's only a matter of time before android tablets start catching up. Google is pushing more and more developers to make quality tablet apps.

Apple once "owned" the smartphone world...not anymore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast