remove shared devices from my gallery

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time I'm connected to a network at my university and anytime I open the gallery other shared DLNA devices (other people's laptops/desktops) in the building I'm in show up in the gallery app. This is driving me nuts, I want to prevent these from showing up but I don't see an option to do so. Searched around but found no answers.

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time I'm connected to a network at my university and anytime I open the gallery other shared DLNA devices (other people's laptops/desktops) in the building I'm in show up in the gallery app. This is driving me nuts, I want to prevent these from showing up but I don't see an option to do so. Searched around but found no answers.

You can turn it off in gallery with menu - view by - content in device, but the preference isn't sticky. I installed QuickPic to use as an alternate gallery app instead. It also solves the problem with setting wallpaper from the gallery where it crops it poorly.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I saw that I can change the view in the menu but I shouldn't have to do that every time I open the app. I tried QuickPic and Just Pictures but don't really care for either one of them, both were sort of choppy compared to the stock gallery app.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i prefer quickpic by far. it doesnt waste time trying to be pretty, its purely functional :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)