Profile scheduler

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
There are quite a few profile schedulers out in the market. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good one?

I want to be able to set a time in the app and it will trigger certain events at that time (turn off mobile data, turn down volume, etc.)

Clave567

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Tasker. It does tasks by time, event (headphones being plugged in or power being plugged in) among others, location. Well worth the $5 I think I spent on it.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Profile Scheduler+, which performs all that you have listed. It doesn't, at this time however, switch between say, 3G and 4G or EDGE -- just mobile off and on.

I am happy with it -- set and forget.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is fantastic, BUT, it could be confusing. Especially if you're not familiar with in depth menus.

I just saw this new app (it's in beta) called Atooma on Appjudgement today that breaks down profiles to do simple X + X = X setup. Plus users can share and download premade profiles, so you really don't have to do any legwork yourself. Check out this video below (towards the end, although, who would skip over all that Shannon Morse? Haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFRDk1ni0E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You can get the beta here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/apps/details?id=com.atooma&token=v-2WhVu1

I'm going to play around with it when I get some spare time.
Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
What I've been loving is Smart Volume Control+. I read a lot of reviews about Llama profiles and Smart Volume Control+. SVC+ came out a lot better.

I think there best feature is new widget for quick adding to blacklist - two clicks and no more irritating calls--great to avoid my ex's calling me.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Setting Profiles (SP) works well, but it's developer seems to have abandoned it, so there's nothing in the way of support beyond the online user forum. I've only glanced at Llama, but believe SP to be more capable, with more options for controlling how and when profiles are activated.

Neither Llama nor SP, however, should be considered a "free version ofTtasker." Tasker is far more capable, and far more complicated, than either alternative. Llama and SP may well do what you need, but they won't do everything Tasker does.

JohnBoy1922

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What I've been loving is Smart Volume Control+. I read a lot of reviews about Llama profiles and Smart Volume Control+. SVC+ came out a lot better.

I think there best feature is new widget for quick adding to blacklist - two clicks and no more irritating calls--great to avoid my ex's calling me.

RichardStevens- go ahead and get Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for a while and it is great. I've used a bunch of different sound managers and nothing compares to SVC+.

check out their GPS feature. It will change the sound and ringtone if you pre-set it based on your location automatically.

Tina39

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
RichardStevens- go ahead and get Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for a while and it is great. I've used a bunch of different sound managers and nothing compares to SVC+.

check out their GPS feature. It will change the sound and ringtone if you pre-set it based on your location automatically.

I love Smart Volume Control+ too. Their GPS profile changer is great. I have all my contacts set to different ringtone too.

CasandraG

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Galaxy S3, however, my husband does. He is looking for some type of program to help make his volume control easier on his phone. We have a new baby and when he comes home from work, he sometimes forgets to adjust the volume setting to lower the volume.

With Smart Volume Control+, with the GPS feature if he pre-progams the volume- will it automatically lower the volume when he walks in the door?

MC1995

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Galaxy S3, however, my husband does. He is looking for some type of program to help make his volume control easier on his phone. We have a new baby and when he comes home from work, he sometimes forgets to adjust the volume setting to lower the volume.

With Smart Volume Control+, with the GPS feature if he pre-progams the volume- will it automatically lower the volume when he walks in the door?

CasandraG-- Yes, SVC+ will change the sound once you preset it to lower when he gets home.

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Just started using Profile Scheduler and it's really easy to set up. It's exactly what I needed. Tasker was too confusing for me... lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800