Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clave567
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Profile scheduler

    There are quite a few profile schedulers out in the market. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good one?

    I want to be able to set a time in the app and it will trigger certain events at that time (turn off mobile data, turn down volume, etc.)
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    I use Tasker. It does tasks by time, event (headphones being plugged in or power being plugged in) among others, location. Well worth the $5 I think I spent on it.
    Srambo217 likes this.
  3. #3  
    Klotar's Avatar

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    I'm using Profile Scheduler+, which performs all that you have listed. It doesn't, at this time however, switch between say, 3G and 4G or EDGE -- just mobile off and on.

    I am happy with it -- set and forget.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.kebab.Llama is similar to
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ofileScheduler

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Tasker is fantastic, BUT, it could be confusing. Especially if you're not familiar with in depth menus.

    I just saw this new app (it's in beta) called Atooma on Appjudgement today that breaks down profiles to do simple X + X = X setup. Plus users can share and download premade profiles, so you really don't have to do any legwork yourself. Check out this video below (towards the end, although, who would skip over all that Shannon Morse? Haha)



    You can get the beta here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.atooma

    I'm going to play around with it when I get some spare time.
    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Last edited by jaj6503; 10-11-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 
  6. #6  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,079 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Llama profiles. Love it. Basically a free cleaner version of tasker.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    What I've been loving is Smart Volume Control+. I read a lot of reviews about Llama profiles and Smart Volume Control+. SVC+ came out a lot better.

    I think there best feature is new widget for quick adding to blacklist - two clicks and no more irritating calls--great to avoid my ex's calling me.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Setting Profiles (SP) works well, but it's developer seems to have abandoned it, so there's nothing in the way of support beyond the online user forum. I've only glanced at Llama, but believe SP to be more capable, with more options for controlling how and when profiles are activated.

    Neither Llama nor SP, however, should be considered a "free version ofTtasker." Tasker is far more capable, and far more complicated, than either alternative. Llama and SP may well do what you need, but they won't do everything Tasker does.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardStevens View Post
    What I've been loving is Smart Volume Control+. I read a lot of reviews about Llama profiles and Smart Volume Control+. SVC+ came out a lot better.

    I think there best feature is new widget for quick adding to blacklist - two clicks and no more irritating calls--great to avoid my ex's calling me.
    RichardStevens- go ahead and get Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for a while and it is great. I've used a bunch of different sound managers and nothing compares to SVC+.

    check out their GPS feature. It will change the sound and ringtone if you pre-set it based on your location automatically.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy1922 View Post
    RichardStevens- go ahead and get Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for a while and it is great. I've used a bunch of different sound managers and nothing compares to SVC+.

    check out their GPS feature. It will change the sound and ringtone if you pre-set it based on your location automatically.
    I love Smart Volume Control+ too. Their GPS profile changer is great. I have all my contacts set to different ringtone too.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    I don't have a Galaxy S3, however, my husband does. He is looking for some type of program to help make his volume control easier on his phone. We have a new baby and when he comes home from work, he sometimes forgets to adjust the volume setting to lower the volume.

    With Smart Volume Control+, with the GPS feature if he pre-progams the volume- will it automatically lower the volume when he walks in the door?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Quote Originally Posted by CasandraG View Post
    I don't have a Galaxy S3, however, my husband does. He is looking for some type of program to help make his volume control easier on his phone. We have a new baby and when he comes home from work, he sometimes forgets to adjust the volume setting to lower the volume.

    With Smart Volume Control+, with the GPS feature if he pre-progams the volume- will it automatically lower the volume when he walks in the door?
    CasandraG-- Yes, SVC+ will change the sound once you preset it to lower when he gets home.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Profile scheduler

    Just started using Profile Scheduler and it's really easy to set up. It's exactly what I needed. Tasker was too confusing for me... lol
    Roll Tide!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM
  2. Scheduled Profiles?
    By RealFnCool in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
  3. Sound Profiles
    By cward0625 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
  4. Notification Profiles
    By Aelther in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 04:18 AM

Posting Permissions