What brightness level do you leave your GS3 on?

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
0% Is plenty bright for me. I guess i just got used to it. BUT, i bump it up to 40% when im watching any thing 720p or higher.

I use my phone heavily, so anything over 0% just hinders my battery.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just noticed QuickPic gallery app has an option to pump the brightness of a pic up to 100% brightness when viewing it in fullscreen.
its a nice touch but wish it was adjustable. 100% is a bit too bright...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
40-50% all the time. If I am laying in bed playing with phone then I will slide it all the to lowest setting.

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I let Lux Free or Juice Defender manage my brightness levels most of the the time. They both seem to do well overall.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness for me! It works 90% of the time. At times when I am outside its not so good but its rare for me to be honest.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
automatic...so I can still see the phone under bright sunlight without changing it manually. If I really want to save battery or plan to use it indoors with little lighting then I turn it down to minimum.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow a lot of you use Auto Brightness with no battery kill?
Let me try!

Lol @ some of you doing 0-1%....can u even see it?

lol your eyes get used to it and if all youre doing is using this forum for example, its much nicer to read from, kinda like a kindle reader :)

p.s, theres an app "Screen Filter" if you want it even darker for reading in dark etc :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
100% auto off. My battery lasts an entire work day until I get home near a charger and it looks better at maximum brightness.

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
100% auto off. My battery lasts an entire work day until I get home near a charger and it looks better at maximum brightness.

Along with not needing my phone to go past 0% most of the time, im wary of random Burn In. I know Super AMOLEDs rarely get them, i also know itll happen eventually.

So other than not needing to, and saving battery, i next to never up the brightness because of Burn In. My old phone which was regular AMOLED had it hardcore. Never Again.

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I keep it at the lowest normally. Auto for outdoor. And use screen filter app for night time. Though the app sometime closes randomly which shocks your eyes, a b**ch at 4am!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Along with not needing my phone to go past 0% most of the time, im wary of random Burn In. I know Super AMOLEDs rarely get them, i also know itll happen eventually.

So other than not needing to, and saving battery, i next to never up the brightness because of Burn In. My old phone which was regular AMOLED had it hardcore. Never Again.

aparently samsung have admitted to a problem with burn-in on the s3 and suggest using lower brightness.
someone also said samsung said theyd replace affected screens but i find that hard to believe..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000