Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Default Re: Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Or he knows how to use photoshop. Which would sadden me. It's impressive.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Lol no photo shop or any other bs going on here guys. It's legit. That's the power and beauty of Scotts cleanrom. Amazing battery life. Amazing smoothness and speed. Also, I admitted that I hadn't used my phone much during that time but it by no means sat there not being used at all. Just light use and the power of a great rom. Simple.

Sent from my rooted, unlocked, debloated, over clocked galaxy s3.
    badbrad17 and funkylogik like this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post
    Lol no photo shop or any other bs going on here guys. It's legit. That's the power and beauty of Scotts cleanrom. Amazing battery life. Amazing smoothness and speed. Also, I admitted that I hadn't used my phone much during that time but it by no means sat there not being used at all. Just light use and the power of a great rom. Simple.

but not overclocked lol?
    or set with a low minimum clock speed?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post

That is pretty awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Hi

I am from Singapore and I don't understand why the battery life on my S3 is so poor. I have tried switching off WiFi and doing all the normal battery saving steps but there has been no improvement at all. I don't understand why with 89% battery I only am getting 5h battery time. I have a good strong signal most of hte time.

Could someone please tell me what the problem could be?

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3-screenshot_2013-02-01-12-30-29.png  

Poor? You've been running on the battery for 5 hours and used only 11% of capacity. At that rate, you could get 40 hours and still have some battery left. Why do you think this is poor?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

It had gone down to 69% in those 5 hours, I charged it again before taking the photo. In total my battery does not last more than 7-8 hours a day. With people getting close to 16 hours usage, I don't understand why mine doesn't last as long.

Mines terrible I have tried everything!!! Any suggestions??? Is my battery/phone defective? Granted, I have been on it A LOT today... but this is how it is most every day. I got it like a week ago. Running stock jellybean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3-uploadfromtaptalk1359929532626.jpg   Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3-uploadfromtaptalk1359929543894.jpg  

Cool Re: Absolutely atrocious battery life on my S3

Hi,

Try this app "Battry Plus".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.batteryplus

I have installed this app from playStore. It is incredible. Works great on my Android. It really reduces the battery consumption and also i can kill the unwanted apps running through this app.

4 1/2 hours of screen on time is going to eat a lot of battery. There's not much you can do about that other than reduce screen brightness, but a larger battery (and back cover), or carry a spare battery or two.

Also, on the first screen you show, above, click on the battery graph, and post a shot of that. Weak radio reception will eat up the battery, too.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kergosien Jr View Post
    Mines terrible I have tried everything!!! Any suggestions??? Is my battery/phone defective? Granted, I have been on it A LOT today... but this is how it is most every day. I got it like a week ago. Running stock jellybean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    4 hours + of screen on time with this screen is a great battery life.. Definitely not defective.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234