Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T and I recently received a notification that there was an update available. I went through the whole process off downloading the update and I keep getting the following messages when it reboots:

    CWM-Based Recovery V5.5.0.4
    E: Invalid Command Argument
    Finding Update Package...
    Opening Update Package...
    Verifying Update Package...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted

    The phone is rooted and I am not sure what I did during the root process that's not allowing the update to install. I did have a few stock apps frozen through Titanium but I went back through unfroze them but still no luck.

    I just flashed the CWM Recovery V5.5.0.4 hoping it fix the issue but I can't seem to figure out what to do. Please help.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    I had to unroot to install the OTA.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    You may want to take a look through this thread before you go any further
    [WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
    [WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
    Ignore for the moment that it is a Verizon thread - you may get some information that'll help you; if nothing else it may encourage you to look through the rooting threads for your device.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. #4  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You may want to take a look through this thread before you go any further
    [WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
    [WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
    Ignore for the moment that it is a Verizon thread - you may get some information that'll help you; if nothing else it may encourage you to look through the rooting threads for your device.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    This is for phones that have locked boot loaders (Verizon only) it does not person to AT&T and Sprint or any other phone that comes unlocked.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. #5  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by theproman23 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T and I recently received a notification that there was an update available. I went through the whole process off downloading the update and I keep getting the following messages when it reboots:

    CWM-Based Recovery V5.5.0.4
    E: Invalid Command Argument
    Finding Update Package...
    Opening Update Package...
    Verifying Update Package...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted

    The phone is rooted and I am not sure what I did during the root process that's not allowing the update to install. I did have a few stock apps frozen through Titanium but I went back through unfroze them but still no luck.

    I just flashed the CWM Recovery V5.5.0.4 hoping it fix the issue but I can't seem to figure out what to do. Please help.
    I have been pretty busy at the sprint forum but will take the time to try and find an update method for you.

    Just to make sure I got this correct. You are rooted and have cwm recovery?

    By the way, the update is not 4.1.1

    Update:

    So far I haven't found anyone successfully updating it with custom recovery. I have however found the stock recovery for your phone and will likely have a method for you after work tomorrow.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 10-10-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    funkylogik likes this.
  6. #6  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by theproman23 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T and I recently received a notification that there was an update available. I went through the whole process off downloading the update and I keep getting the following messages when it reboots:

    CWM-Based Recovery V5.5.0.4
    E: Invalid Command Argument
    Finding Update Package...
    Opening Update Package...
    Verifying Update Package...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted

    The phone is rooted and I am not sure what I did during the root process that's not allowing the update to install. I did have a few stock apps frozen through Titanium but I went back through unfroze them but still no luck.

    I just flashed the CWM Recovery V5.5.0.4 hoping it fix the issue but I can't seem to figure out what to do. Please help.
    Are you currently on this kernel version?

    UCALG1
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Thanks Skunkape60!

    Regarding your question yes I am rooted and have CWM recovery. Hmm I thought the update was 4.1.1 but I guess not..

    But either way thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I have been pretty busy at the sprint forum but will take the time to try and find an update method for you.

    Just to make sure I got this correct. You are rooted and have cwm recovery?

    By the way, the update is not 4.1.1

    Update:

    So far I haven't found anyone successfully updating it with custom recovery. I have however found the stock recovery for your phone and will likely have a method for you after work tomorrow.
  8. #8  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by theproman23 View Post
    Thanks Skunkape60!

    Regarding your question yes I am rooted and have CWM recovery. Hmm I thought the update was 4.1.1 but I guess not..

    But either way thanks!
    The update updates you from UCALG1 to UCALH9. Both are 4.0.4 ICS.

    I still need to know if you are currently on kernel version UCALG1. I also need to know if you removed any of the bloat or did you freeze it? These questions need to be answered so I will know which method I want you to try.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    funkylogik likes this.
  9. #9  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Since you don't have the correct kernel version you will need to download four separate files and flash them in the proper order. You will also have to flash them one after the other without rebooting. when you have flashed all four, reboot and you should be up to date. Here are the instructions. I hope this works for you.

    You will be doing the alternate method using the pieces files. Remember you must flash the kernel after the Rom....

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. #10  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    jeezo Skunk, i can see why youve been thanked so many times mate, im acualy surprised its not more.
    youre a font of rom knowledge man.
    you should have a spot on the podcast lol

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  11. #11  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    jeezo Skunk, i can see why youve been thanked so many times mate, im acualy surprised its not more.
    youre a font of rom knowledge man.
    you should have a spot on the podcast lol

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Thanks... I don't even have the phone which is sad. Because on the Sprint phone I test everything before I post.

    I wear my custom flash count (27) like a badge of honor.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  12. #12  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

    lol nice work man.
    im serious about the podcast thing btw, say a 10min flashing q+a spot

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Similar Threads

  1. Having some issues transferring photos from S3 to PC
    By TURBOSPARTAN in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 10:33 PM
  2. Anyone have trouble updating Chrome after JB update?
    By PaulQ in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:10 AM
  5. Having trouble syncing to my computer. HELP please
    By cdolan22 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions

B