Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

keneo

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
For the last few of months I have been using a GS3. I am a long time iPhone user. But after three month, I am close to deciding that I miss my iPhone too much.
Before I sell my GS3, I want to make sure that I have given it a fair chance to win me over.

I can see why the S3 initially impresses. It has a large screen (which is the main reason I wanted to try it in the first place), NFC, facial recognition. But I haven?t found these things to be as big a deal as I pictured.

So can anyone tell me what have I missed? What is it that makes you guys choose the S3 or Android over an iPhone? Thanks in advance...

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You can customize the look, more robust integration of apps, open system, notification system blows iOS out of the water, not chained to itunes and one ecosystem, micro USB so no need to keep buying new plugs and chargers, screen size, alternate keyboards, etc....

Do u need more? These are just a few.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the s3 but for me it's all about customization. On android you can change almost every aspect of the UI, even make it look like Iphone if that's your thing. while your more limited in that respect on Iphone.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I cant tell you if the S3 is better than an iPhone no more than someone over at iMore can tell you that the iPhone is better than the S3. Why?

It comes down to the individual... your expectations, how you use your phone and other personal nuances and preferences.

There is no "best phone" for everyone, there is only the best phone for you.

Unless someone knows you and how you use your phone, they are only projecting their own preferences on you.

Go to a store and spend at least an hour looking at both phones, form your own opinions... and not someone else's.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you like the iPhone better, go back to that. Technology only matters if it works for you.

Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't figured out the answer to your question in 3 months, I'm sure none of us will in 5 minutes. I + any comment that states that everyone has different preferences and it's always comes down to that single idea. Just because I like the s3 doesn't mean Joe blow will. Just as I will not like what Joe blow likes. Well unless he or she has no clear mindset or identity of what he desires its very easy to convince someone of the best product. But with all that said I personally love the size, audio output and design. Other than that it's just an ordinary phone to me.

"may the odds be in your favor"

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Its difficult to switch platforms. Especially when you did t particularly have an issue with platform you are leaving. I have never had an issue with any iPhone that i have owned. But I continually leave it behind due to either things that I get from Android devices. I think that the OP will miss the S3 if he or she were to vet rid of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's 50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A48A4J5qpYA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I was about to post this lol but its way better...Ive been with the iPhone since the 3 up until the 4S and I can say it

- More customability (Home Screens, Themes, Icons, fonts, Voices, etc.)
- you can connect your external Hard Drive to it and import and export to and from your phone
- You can connect your PS3/X360 controller to it and play games
- NFC abilities (Unlock your hotel room door with ur phone)
- TRUE HD screen, the iPhone 5 is NOT a true HD screen as tested
- LED Notification alerts
- More camera effects and features
...I could go on

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read everything here. But I will say this....the gs3 can do everything the iPhone can and more....so..yeah. but it just may not be the phone for you. IPhone may just be your thing. And If that's what works for you. Go ahead and use it my friend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
True HD is 1080p...so no phone does True HD. Also you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the iphone 5s resolution and the S3 resolution and anyone that knows about displays will tell you this. Now you'll see the difference in the display since the SG3 is pentile and uses AMOLED display and the iphone 5 uses IPS LCD screen. Test have shown the iphone 5 display is better and so has other benchmarks test.

To the OP....I just prefer to stay with android and I know when Apple has the more powerful device and will admit it..which it does. The iphone 5 is a beast of a phone and if you miss it then I would go purchase it, but you'll probably come back to android next year when the android devices are faster then the iphone 5 and you'll be stuck in a cycle of not being happy and keep changing devices.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
True HD is 1080p...so no phone does True HD. Also you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the iphone 5s resolution and the S3 resolution and anyone that knows about displays will tell you this. Now you'll see the difference in the display since the SG3 is pentile and uses AMOLED display and the iphone 5 uses IPS LCD screen. Test have shown the iphone 5 display is better and so has other benchmarks test.

To the OP....I just prefer to stay with android and I know when Apple has the more powerful device and will admit it..which it does. The iphone 5 is a beast of a phone and if you miss it then I would go purchase it, but you'll probably come back to android next year when the android devices are faster then the iphone 5 and you'll be stuck in a cycle of not being happy and keep changing devices.

He would be locked in with the S3 so regardless he would have the outdated device. Not the right way to think about it. I switched from the S3 to the iPhone 5. Applications are much smoother and its faster in my opinion. Only thing I miss from my S3 is the large screen (been using android for 3 years).

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's better because I like android more than ios.

That's all I can chip in. If your opinion is ios is better go for it.. It's preference.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I can only only give you my personal reasons, and they may not fit your criteria.

I like the ability to share files wirelessly whenever, wherever and with whom ever i chose no matter what phone the individual may have. (exception being iphone).
I like the ability to customize my phone to suit my liking as per this tread.. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/188633-home-screens-lets-see-what-you-got.html.
I like the ability to view video and web pages on a big screen.
I like the ability to transfer files to and from my phone to my computer quickly and to exactly where i want without having to go through and application.
I like the ability to have led notifications.

These are just a few of the reason why i prefer the S3. In short i just love the flexibility i get from android. But, as i said those things may not matter to you. the Iphone is a great phone. No doubt about that, but it simply doesn't suit me. It all comes down to what you want from your phone. So just chose what works for you and all is good.

coaldust01

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
lets just cut the sh*t right here.

I moved to android from an iphone 3g ages ago, first android phone was a desire hd, then s2 now s3, overall android is more user freindly and customisable, I totally get that this is personal preference (each to their own) but i cant stand ios.

the reason for upgrading to s3 was the screen, its a thing of sheer beauty, it destroys the poor s2 screen in a very bad way, now the reason for having a smartphone is browsing,gaming,movies,you tube etc, all these are better on the 4.8in s3 screen that the iphone 5's little 4in display lol, as for people ranting on about the iphone build quality, yes its better but trust me, when your gaming etc etc, you dont sit there worrying about the build you'll be far to busy ingrossed in that gorgeous 4.8in screen.

I could never go back to a 4.3in let alone a 4in screen, next time your talking to someone with an iphone, pull your s3 out and put it next to their iphone, You can just see the poor look on thier face as the little 4in display pales in comparison, even better show them shadowgun's graphics, give it a week they will be listing their apple on ebay.

i feel sorry for all the people sucked in by the apple hype, they really are missing out.

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's my experience. I had an I phone 4 for a year and loved it. But when I saw the S3 I knew I had to try it. But I kept missing my Iphone so I musta switched back and forth three times before finally settling on the S3. My favorite feature is the pop up video. I love watching my favorite movies while doing other things on the phone!! So in order to get my fix I simply kept the S3 and decided to get an ipod because we all know the app store has way more to offer then Google play. Keep the S3 and get yourself and ipod!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm the biggest Apple geek amongst anyone I know and probably one of the most heavily invested in iOS, and the Apple ecosystem in general(still am) With that being said, for me it's all about diversity. While the iPhone really shines with its ease of use, it really starts to show it's age with it's aging OS. The static row of icons spread amongst several home screens has really become long in the tooth. While widgets ultimately don't seal the deal for me, the fact that you can customize the S3 to look however you want is the real deal breaker. Download Go Launcher, and you can regain the looks of your iPhone instantly. The size of the S3 display while keeping it's portability won me over on the first day. With that being said, there's nothing my iPhone can do that the S3 can't, but unfortunately there's plenty the S3 can do that the iPhone can't. No native YouTube, and Google maps has become a thorn in my side on my iPad. Those two apps are sorely missed on my iPad but beautifully functional, and present on my S3.

In the end it all comes down to personal preference really. I still really love iOS on my iPad, and love the looks, and overall feel of the iPhone 5. However for me just felt like it's becoming more of the same with each release. Best of luck in choosing!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone tell me what have I missed? What is it that makes you guys choose the S3 or Android over an iPhone? Thanks in advance...

No, you tell us. What am I missing that someone would choose an iPhone? Why choose an iPhone over an S3?
Is it the tiny screen? Being locked in to iTunes? Being limited in what customization you can do?

If you have good answers, then by all means go to an iPhone.

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's my take on this: When I went to upgrade my phone earlier this week, I ended up choosing the GS3 over the iphone. Why? Because in my opinion, iOS is painfully boring. It's also too locked down for my taste. I wanna be able to fully customize a phone that I paid for. I can't do that with an iPhone. I also don't wanna be locked into using iTunes, which in my eyes, kinda sucks. Videos and web pages look so much better. If you miss the iPhone so much, then go ahead and go back. It seems like you've already made your mind.