Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 208
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    I don't have a whole of experience with SG3 or Android, but I do know All phones have PROBLEMS, thats why I always buy NEW phones from carriers and put INSURANCE on them (especially because of the prices nowadays). My Verizon SG3 is running nice and smooth at the moment and I only have apps from The Play Store on my phone. I download one app at a time and give it time to run so I can tell if it goes with the phone and other downloaded apps on my phone .....so far so good. I also try and stay with apps that are popular (4 + stars) as more likely then not, other users are not having problems.......this method has worked for me on other platforms so I'm going to continue and understand that more times than not its some kind of app that doesn't play well with others that causes PROBLEMS
    Thanked by:
    meyerweb and Golfdriver97 like this.
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    I do have insurance but since this is clearly a manufacturer's fault I'm not prepared to pay the £25.00 excess to claim for something that isn't my fault. Manufacture's warranty lasts for two years in the European Union so I'm shipping mine off tomorrow.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    ^^
    Yes, it's amazing what a little common sense, forethought, and planning can accomplish.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    spencerdl likes this.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by rynlpin View Post
    My Power Save option has always been disabled and it still freezes
    It freezed again today . The WIFI was also disabled at that time, so it has nothing to do with it.
    The freezing has ended after ~ 25 minutes. Once it worked again, I noticed that the clock was 8 minutes late (23:43 instead of 23:51). I guess that means the processor stopped completely during that time, so it is either a hardware problem or related to the OS, and not to an application.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    My phone was freezing when I first bought it back in November. What helped was turning off 'power save' mode and turning it off for 2 hours every other day. I hope this helps!
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    since JB 1.4.2 update i noticed that wifi is ettin disabled automatically, also found my phone getting hang again n again, so i tried this solution,

    Steps, Open up the Samsung Galaxy S3 phone dialer. Dial *#0011# on Galaxy S3.
    Find “ServiceMode” screen and press the left menu button.
    Choose “WiFi”. Put it WIFI on “OFF”.
    Exit the menu.

    once done my phone is working fine and also wifi is also not getting disconnected, even screen is locked.

    one more thing is restart of phone will set the wifi power save mode to on again, so you need to follow the steps again.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    i tried this but not working, it still has sudden freeze
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    I'm on my second GS3 and all freeze as I move in and out of different network connections. I can recreate the problem at any time if I am connect to a WiFi source and simply go into settings and disable WiFi. Screen freezes. I have to hold down power to reboot. Has anybody had this phone for more than a month and NOT had this problem?
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by jdodge101 View Post
    I'm on my second GS3 and all freeze as I move in and out of different network connections. I can recreate the problem at any time if I am connect to a WiFi source and simply go into settings and disable WiFi. Screen freezes. I have to hold down power to reboot. Has anybody had this phone for more than a month and NOT had this problem?
    Yes, me. I've had mine for almost 3 months, and not once has it "frozen" when switching between network connections. Or when I turned WiFi on or off. Not once.

    Are you running stock, or do you have a bunch of 3rd party apps installed?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    I am running Jelly Bean 4.1.1, the latest released by Sprint. I do have third party apps but nothing out of the mainstream. No power management or virus protection apps. Still doing it many times a day on me.
  11. #61  
    KreepyKen's Avatar
    Just a cool guy

    Posts
    389 Posts
    ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by walcolm View Post
    i have been experiencing the freeze and excessively long charging time but it only started happening after i installed JB 4.1.2.

    before now, my experience with wifi is that it greatly improves my battery time since the phone doesn't have to stretch so much to get solid data throughput but since i installed 4.1.2, even in very strong wifi area, the phone discharges battery faster than the charger can replace. it freezes constantly and any action can trigger the freeze. its been going on for about 3 weeks and i was wondering if i picked up a virus
    It's possible, but my guess is that it's just something related to the JB update. Sometimes when you update the OS, it doesn't play nice with some setting or file made by the older OS. Most people who updated to JB and found highly quirky issues who bothered to do a factory reset find the bugs go away (I'm one of them). My battery drainage increased after updating to JB, but then after a factory reset, it went back to normal. Under no circumstances should your battery discharge faster than it can charge (unless you're doing something crazy like downloading a game while using navigation while on a bluetooth call in an area with one bar of cell service all at the same time).

    Install a virus checker and see if it spots anything (I use Lookout). If not, try a factory reset.
  12. #62  
    KreepyKen's Avatar
    Just a cool guy

    Posts
    389 Posts
    ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by jdodge101 View Post
    I'm on my second GS3 and all freeze as I move in and out of different network connections. I can recreate the problem at any time if I am connect to a WiFi source and simply go into settings and disable WiFi. Screen freezes. I have to hold down power to reboot. Has anybody had this phone for more than a month and NOT had this problem?
    I've had my GS3 since July 6, and I've neve experienced this problem. The only thing I can think of is that you have some 3rd party app that uses Wifi and is causing a conflict. If your phone is freezing, it's usually due to some process freaking out and holding your processor hostage. If it's always related to WiFi, either another app is causing the conflict or your wifi antenna or processor is defective. If it's happened on two different GS3s, then it's more than likely some other app causing the conflict and not a hardware issue.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Might be a fluke, but might be fixed for me.

    Been having this problem which was gradually getting worse for the past week, to the point that it was freezing every 5 mins or so.

    I ran System Tuner to examine the logs, and what processes were kicking out errors. I noticed a few, but one that I noticed hogging a lot of CPU time was Simple alarm clock.

    I have no alarms set, and this is a Samsung process rather than the stock android one, so I disabled it. Since then the phone appears stable. Might be coincidence, because before hand, I had a freeze, and left it, and it eventually unfroze itself without rebooting. So one of these actions appears to have fixed mine. Fingers crossed... it'll probably freeze as soon as I post this.
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Forget it - Phone has just froze. Did last for a while this time, but not a fix.


    Quote Originally Posted by R McIntyre View Post
    Might be a fluke, but might be fixed for me.

    Been having this problem which was gradually getting worse for the past week, to the point that it was freezing every 5 mins or so.

    I ran System Tuner to examine the logs, and what processes were kicking out errors. I noticed a few, but one that I noticed hogging a lot of CPU time was Simple alarm clock.

    I have no alarms set, and this is a Samsung process rather than the stock android one, so I disabled it. Since then the phone appears stable. Might be coincidence, because before hand, I had a freeze, and left it, and it eventually unfroze itself without rebooting. So one of these actions appears to have fixed mine. Fingers crossed... it'll probably freeze as soon as I post this.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by KreepyKen View Post
    It's possible, but my guess is that it's just something related to the JB update. Sometimes when you update the OS, it doesn't play nice with some setting or file made by the older OS. Most people who updated to JB and found highly quirky issues who bothered to do a factory reset find the bugs go away (I'm one of them). My battery drainage increased after updating to JB, but then after a factory reset, it went back to normal.
    This. Be sure to back up your data before the factory reset.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    We really need serious promise from Samsung co. To solve this problem that is really getting me upset and disappointed
    I couldn't enjoy my new phone because of this major problem of freezing . We trust Samsung and buy their phones but they make us feel that our trust were wrong. They are losing a lot of customers because of this problem and we are seriously rethinking to change my phone and buy from other brands. I really liked my galaxy s3 but this freezing problem makes me angry.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_lover View Post
    We really need serious promise from Samsung co. To solve this problem that is really getting me upset and disappointed
    I couldn't enjoy my new phone because of this major problem of freezing . We trust Samsung and buy their phones but they make us feel that our trust were wrong. They are losing a lot of customers because of this problem and we are seriously rethinking to change my phone and buy from other brands. I really liked my galaxy s3 but this freezing problem makes me angry.
    Factory reset and you should be fine!

    Why can't Android Central make a sticky for these people..........my goodness!!!!
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Factory reset and you should be fine!

    Why can't Android Central make a sticky for these people..........my goodness!!!!

    Before you judge people ask first. I already made factory reset and it didn't work and I still have this problem so please don't try to make me think that I don't know how to use my phone .
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_lover View Post
    Before you judge people ask first. I already made factory reset and it didn't work and I still have this problem so please don't try to make me think that I don't know how to use my phone .
    Of course, you could have mentioned that you already did a factory reset in your original post, then no one would have suggested it. When we have incomplete information, we can only make suggestions based on what we know. The more detailed information we have, on when it happens, and what you've already tried, the more we can try to help.

    Constant freezing on a factory fresh device is not the norm. If it was, the forum would be filled with complaints, and it's not. After the reset, did you use the phone for a while with no 3rd party apps installed, or did you immediately start reinstalling apps? What configuration items, in settings, have you changed (if any)? Make sure Developer Options is off.

    Does it only happen on WiFi, or only on cell data, or when switching between them? Is Bluetooth possibly a factor? If you normally use WiFi, try running without it for a couple of days. If you normally have BT on, try keeping it off.

    If the phone freezes repeatedly with no 3rd party apps or configuration changes, it's defective, and should be returned for warranty repair. But whining that this is typical behavior for Samsung phones is just a waste of time. If you want to try to fix it, we'll help. If you just want to complain, most of us will ignore you.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    GrooveRite, KreepyKen and jon2c like this.
  20. #70  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Of course, you could have mentioned that you already did a factory reset in your original post, then no one would have suggested it. When we have incomplete information, we can only make suggestions based on what we know. The more detailed information we have, on when it happens, and what you've already tried, the more we can try to help.

    Constant freezing on a factory fresh device is not the norm. If it was, the forum would be filled with complaints, and it's not. After the reset, did you use the phone for a while with no 3rd party apps installed, or did you immediately start reinstalling apps? What configuration items, in settings, have you changed (if any)? Make sure Developer Options is off.

    Does it only happen on WiFi, or only on cell data, or when switching between them? Is Bluetooth possibly a factor? If you normally use WiFi, try running without it for a couple of days. If you normally have BT on, try keeping it off.

    If the phone freezes repeatedly with no 3rd party apps or configuration changes, it's defective, and should be returned for warranty repair. But whining that this is typical behavior for Samsung phones is just a waste of time. If you want to try to fix it, we'll help. If you just want to complain, most of us will ignore you.
    I am not just complaining but I need some solution for this because before I wrote my comment I read most of last comments and tried most of them that why I write a comment because as I saw the problem is continuous for me even when I am offline or even when i am not using the phone I find it freezing . So any new suggestions or steps to follow ? Or should I take it bake to the local store?
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    I had the same problem with my sg3 just after upgrading to JellyBean 4.1.2 XXEMA2 for more than a week now, freezing every now and then, although the phone will fix itself after 15 to 20 minutes and it is really annoying.. Had a factory reset twice but no help. Three days ago, while my SG3 is under freeze state, i removed the battery, removed and transfered the sim to another phone because i need to call somebody. After about 30 minutes, i returned the sim to the SG3 and turned it on. I really cant tell if this fixed my unit but i never had a single freeze since then.
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by bmett View Post
    No, I don't believe I have a security app installed unless it was already pre-loaded with the phone (Verizon). Also, we haven't side-loaded any apps and I believe my wife and I have the same apps so far (we've only downloaded Advanced Task Killer, Speed Test, and Facebook). We both primarily use our smart phones for emailing, web browsing, navigation, and picture/video taking. Nothing too fancy...

    Also, it has been at least a few days since I've downloaded a new app. I was on the CNN website right before the 1st freeze...
    No need for a task killer.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    i have the exactly same problem....frequent random freezing after upgraded to 4.1.2 so i've tried factory reset but its still the same. reset a few times. it freeze even when im trying to set up my phone for samsung account for the first time. no additional apps were installed yet....any solution yet?
    Last edited by chewsc; 02-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Patrick View Post
    No need for a task killer.
    More than that. Task killers are a very bad idea on Android 4.x. Task killers will stop processes that Android needs to operate correctly. Android 4.x manages memory and tasks just fine on its own. Uninstall the Task Killer and I suspect your problem will be resolved.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_lover View Post
    I am not just complaining but I need some solution for this because before I wrote my comment I read most of last comments and tried most of them that why I write a comment because as I saw the problem is continuous for me even when I am offline or even when i am not using the phone I find it freezing . So any new suggestions or steps to follow ? Or should I take it bake to the local store?
    Quote Originally Posted by jon2c View Post
    I had the same problem with my sg3 just after upgrading to JellyBean 4.1.2 XXEMA2 for more than a week now, freezing every now and then, although the phone will fix itself after 15 to 20 minutes and it is really annoying.. Had a factory reset twice but no help. Three days ago, while my SG3 is under freeze state, i removed the battery, removed and transfered the sim to another phone because i need to call somebody. After about 30 minutes, i returned the sim to the SG3 and turned it on. I really cant tell if this fixed my unit but i never had a single freeze since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by chewsc View Post
    i have the exactly same problem....frequent random freezing after upgraded to 4.1.2 so i've tried factory reset but its still the same. reset a few times. it freeze even when im trying to set up my phone for samsung account for the first time. no additional apps were installed yet....any solution yet?
    As written previously: If the phone freezes repeatedly with no 3rd party apps or configuration changes, it's defective, and should be returned for warranty repair.

    But that means dead stock. If you've turned on developer options, gone behind the scenes to reset any hidden settings, or installed any 3rd party apps at all, do a factory reset and then make sure you continue to use the device dead stock. DON'T reinstall anything. If it still resets, then yes, take it back.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    GrooveRite and KreepyKen like this.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. help how do i get rid of grid lines on samsung Galaxy S3?
    By amyboyce15 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
  2. How to get mms pictures on samsung galaxy s3 flash boost mobile
    By blackmeat4u in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM
  3. How to get mms pictures on samsung galaxy s3 flash boost mobile
    By blackmeat4u in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
  4. gmail problems on samsung galaxy s
    By arjayel in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

B