Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If I understand your question correctly, yes, water damage can do odd things. Some things may work fine, others not at all. It could seem to work fine at first, then freeze up. Or it could not work at all. I don't think the water indicator would show water unless the phone got wet. That doesn't mean getting completely immersed. I wouldn't be surprised if having it in the bathroom while taking a really steamy shower would trigger the water indicator. And it wouldn't be good for the phone, either.

But before assuming it's water damage, try some of the other suggestions, including a full factory reset. If it still freezes after a factory reset, with no 3rd party apps or upgrades installed, then it's almost certainly a hardware issue.

esrains

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Now I am finding out that calls are not going through to me. I have missed 3 that I know of and they don't show up at all on this phone. I just did away with my landline before this started thinking I no longer needed it but may be regretting that decision. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Dina Wahab

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
If my galaxy s3 freezes a lot and i made the factory reset; of course i'm going to lose all the contact list is there a way to save it before doing that like the iphone we synchronize it with itunes??

Terence Simons

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Just to put everything in a nut shell. The phone is crap and useless freezing all the time and Samsung as a multi-millions Dollar Company needs to fix it. The same can happen to the Samsung Galaxy S4. I just hope that people read and collect enough information before buying it. I am appalled and absolutely disgusted by Samsung losing it's reputation. I have never bought anything else except a Samsung phone or samsung accessories but this is forcing my choice and I have to now start to reconsider.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
If my galaxy s3 freezes a lot and i made the factory reset; of course i'm going to lose all the contact list is there a way to save it before doing that like the iphone we synchronize it with itunes??

U don't have to save your contacts. All your contacts are already synchronised with your Google account. After you reset the phone it will ask you for your Google account and all your contacts will be there without having to do anything.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
same problem with me guys... i think that the problem goes with chrone or facebook or google play store... i am really dissapointed by samsung

There is no problem with chrome Facebook. I've already told you people how to fix it and I'm going to tell you one more time.
I've had this freezing problem myself but in the end I managed to fix it. All you have to do is to reinstall the stock firmware. Before my phone frezed quite a lot. Maybe 20 times a day. I've reinstalled the firmware and so far everything is okay. It passed 3 months and still no freezing problems. Just type on YouTube how to reinstall the stock firmware on Samsung galaxy s3 and you will find a full tutorial. I hope this will fix your phone as it did mine.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had this freezing problem myself but in the end I managed to fix it. All you have to do is to reinstall the stock firmware. Before my phone frezed quite a lot. Maybe 20 times a day. I've reinstalled the firmware and so far everything is okay. It passed 3 months and still no freezing problems. Just type on YouTube how to reinstall the stock firmware on Samsung galaxy s3 and you will find a full tutorial.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had this freezing problem myself but in the end I managed to fix it. All you have to do is to reinstall the stock firmware. Before my phone frezed quite a lot. Maybe 20 times a day. I've reinstalled the firmware and so far everything is okay. It passed 3 months and still no freezing problems. Just type on YouTube how to reinstall the stock firmware on Samsung galaxy s3 and you will find a full tutorial. I hope this will fix your phone as it did mine.

Band Missionary

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem!! It started about three this morning!! It has frozen before but not like this!! I got a hold of Samsung tech and did a factory reset and it is still froze!!! I bought the phone in October and i am going completely nuts!! How long has Samsung known about this Hardware problem!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same problem!! It started about three this morning!! It has frozen before but not like this!! I got a hold of Samsung tech and did a factory reset and it is still froze!!! I bought the phone in October and i am going completely nuts!! How long has Samsung known about this Hardware problem!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Terence, sorry you're having problems, but there are many millions more who use the phone with no issues at all. It's possible you have defective hardware. It's more likely some software bug or memory corruption. If you want to try to solve it, we're happy to help. If you just want to b**** and moan, that's fine, too. Just let us know so we don't waste a lot of time trying to help.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There is no problem with chrome Facebook. I've already told you people how to fix it and I'm going to tell you one more time.

Danistop, some of the people having freezing problems are already on the stock firmware. They never rooted or changed the firmware in the first place. I'm glad you solution worked for you, but it's not the solution for everyone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Band, have you ever rooted your phone and installed a custom ROM? If not, after you did the factory reset did the phone offer to reinstall all of your apps from the Play store, and if so did you do that?

If it's freezing with nothing but the default settings, with no 3rd party apps installed, try removing the battery, waiting for 5 minutes, and then restarting. If it still freezes, then it would appear to be a hardware issue. As far as Samsung "knowing" about this problem, please understand they've sold nearly 40 million of these phones, and only a very, very tiny fraction of those have any hardware issues at all. No manufacturing process is 100% perfect, and problems arise sometimes. That's why we have warranties.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you have it rooted or not. My phone was never rooted before. I was on stock firmware myself. The video is not just for rooted phones. It's just like reinstalling windows on your computer.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
All that's doing then is wiping out the app / configuration that was causing the problem. While flashing a new ROM will certainly do that, there are likely less disruptive ways to fix the problem that won't wipe everything you have on your phone. I think most people would prefer to try those approaches.

Danistop

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
If anyone tried my method please tell us If it fixed your freezing problems. Basically you don't lose anything if you move all your data on the external memory card or on a computer.

Last edited:

amrivlin

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought my GS3 (tmobile) last June (Near release date)

In Feb this year I updated to a custom rom. 4.1.1
Today my phone won't stay on for more than 30min without a hard lock. (screen is black/cant unlock/must pull battery)
I installed a CM10 Custom ROM 4.2.2 (NO apps, just the rom and gapps) same issues.

I guess I will restock and call for warranty?

Any idea? My internal storage has 4.8gb free.

Lusse

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I?ve got the problem with random freezes aswell - allthough mine lasts for max 1 minute and then lets go.

My problems started in about september last year with the following symptoms:

Sluggish response, laggy scrolling (email, surf, pictures - you name it) but the most irritating thing is after dialing a number it will take up to 1 minute before the number is actually dialed (phone freezez - you cant do anything until it finally dials). Sometimes after finishing a call, you cant activate the screen for about 10-20 seconds to end the call either.

I tried uninstalling ALL apps that could be uninstalled (except fo the usual bloatware apps which cant be uninstalled), the problem persisted never the less.

Doing a factory reset solved the problem but now, a couple of months later, the darn thing is acting just the same again.

The phone is unrooted, NO facebook and minimally apps installed. Sometimes the phone becomes so hot its almost a little frightneing (and this happens whilst it?s just lying in my pocket as well). It?s like if all cores were maxed out at 100% and the thing is throtteling.

It does not matter if the phone is set to flight mode or not, sometimes it becomes REALLY hot (not the most fun when you?re actually on a plane).

Its damn anoying as even if I dont install any apps, after a few months it starts to act up again.

It seems to me that for some reason the phone corrups it?s own image. If there is a hardware problem, a factory reset should not fix the issue.

I?m getting quite irritated, so to the point that I am considering throwing the phone onto the ground and dancing the macarena all over it.

Any sugestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith