Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

Ok. I've been reading everywhere trying to find a solution. I'm getting to the point of think it is a Hardware issue.

I'm 1 1yr 1 month owner of a Gal S3 (I've notice a lot of issue put up at the 13 month mark, anyone superstitious?). In the last two weeks I've had an issue of it turning off at random. I though this may have been as a result of the power button getting pushed down while resting in the car. However this issue stated happening while in my pocket no button push issue.

The last two days the phone has began to Freeze. The Battery discharge graph just shows blank for the period and then it when it unfreezes after a period of 15 -20 minutes it shows a significant power drop. I've heard from others that doing this once has solved the issue but mine keeps happening. I think the issue shower up after a Samsung Update where a number of the services were automatically updated overnight. It became an major issue when the alarm didn't go off for work three days in a row alarm time must have been during a freeze period my only alarm clock.

As It was time for a phone clean out I decided to do a factory reset. Upon doing so all the base apps were installed and Google play was launched to get the updates for these apps. While downloading/installing phone froze. I did a hard reset. went back in installed a couple more apps before phone froze. SD card in or out didn't stop the phone freezing. Installed Lookout Security, it was running it's scan over previously installed apps and froze part way through it. After a short freeze it began working only to reset and then freeze on the start up Samsung screen.

This all happened over a period of about 1 hour.

I have tried clearing Cache's (not that there was anything in them), I reset app preferences, I ensured that all apps were running and not disabled.

Is there something I haven't tried.

I'm running Android 4.1.2

Ok. I've been reading everywhere trying to find a solution. I'm getting to the point of think it is a Hardware issue.

I'm 1 1yr 1 month owner of a Gal S3 (I've notice a lot of issue put up at the 13 month mark, anyone superstitious?). In the last two weeks I've had an issue of it turning off at random. I though this may have been as a result of the power button getting pushed down while resting in the car. However this issue stated happening while in my pocket no button push issue.

The last two days the phone has began to Freeze. The Battery discharge graph just shows blank for the period and then it when it unfreezes after a period of 15 -20 minutes it shows a significant power drop. I've heard from others that doing this once has solved the issue but mine keeps happening. I think the issue shower up after a Samsung Update where a number of the services were automatically updated overnight. It became an major issue when the alarm didn't go off for work three days in a row alarm time must have been during a freeze period my only alarm clock.

As It was time for a phone clean out I decided to do a factory reset. Upon doing so all the base apps were installed and Google play was launched to get the updates for these apps. While downloading/installing phone froze. I did a hard reset. went back in installed a couple more apps before phone froze. SD card in or out didn't stop the phone freezing. Installed Lookout Security, it was running it's scan over previously installed apps and froze part way through it. After a short freeze it began working only to reset and then freeze on the start up Samsung screen.

This all happened over a period of about 1 hour.

I have tried clearing Cache's (not that there was anything in them), I reset app preferences, I ensured that all apps were running and not disabled.

Is there something I haven't tried.

I'm running Android 4.1.2

Here's the thing. We pay a lot of money to the phone companies and providers. You shouldn't have to get on a forum to find out how to fix your phone, I pay people to do that! It is nice that everyone here has the time to search and fix this issue but what if your not tech savy? What if your a mom of 3 kids with no time to sit on the computer and go back to page one fifty whatever and listen to someone chastise you about a company that he/she has no stake in. The point is that you are suppose to download applications on smartphones to make your life easier or more fun and when they start breaking it is up to the companies making millions or billions of dollars to either know how to fix the phone because they have done the r&d or replace it with no questions asked.

Feel better?

If you have a specific problem let us know.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone.

I posted this is another thread, but thought I'd share some other approaches that have worked for me:

The following things have worked for me: it has now been 48hrs since last freeze / reboot.

* Reset app permissions - I don't know if this is related to the rebooting / freezing that I experienced, but I was also having big problems with Google Play Store (and this fixed those where other remedies like clearing App Caches didn't).

* Uninstall Facebook Messenger / remove unnecessary background applications - read a few threads suggesting this is a major culprit. I had Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp and Google Hangouts running in the background (all of which are hugely memory intensive), have reduced that to only Viber and WhatsApp.

* Switch 'Off' Location Services - I noticed my problems coincided with heavy usage of the new version of Google Maps. Since switching this off, no problems. I have a feeling this may be another real phone-drainer.

* Check 'Developer Settings' - I realised, for some reason, I had 'USB Debugging' switched on when I have never used it before. Hmmm.

I haven't tried disabling LED notifications yet, but that'll be next, should my phone fail again.

Hopefully some of these might work for you, too, before you try a factory reset (I'm yet to do one, ever).

Cheers,

Chris.

Hello..I know I am kinda outdated with all these but yeah I am having these freeze thingy issues with my s3 and I found your thread and your replies very helpful mr. meyerweb sir...so here's what I did..I've tried any possible ways I could and i want to know what should I still do with my phone in my own will to fix this problem before i bring it to the service center to let them handle the problem

1. I tried this dummy file generator....it seems my phone was able to generate it well until the 100% without freezing or what..i did it for quite many times...but then in the end my phone still freezes

2. I tried to take out the sd card and observe within the day if my phone will be going well, thinking it may have caused the problem..but within the day..my phone still freezes.

3. I tried to take out the battery and let it rest for an hour, for I have read in one thread that it can help the phone to somehow get off from all of it's function and let it rest for some minutes...after doing that my phone still froze.

4. I also did the factory reset but it seems i ended up with the same freezing issue with my phone.

5. I also tried to just let the freeze be and my phone will take at most 15 mins to restore its function back to normal and then it will freeze again...

Is there anything that i should do more? >.< Thanks..I think S3 is great but the freezing of it is my only problem..thank you for your future response.

After the Factory Reset did you just reinstall all of your previous apps? If so, you should try another Factory Reset and don't reinstall anything (you can update any pre-installed apps).

Or you could boot the phone in Download mode and reinstall the OS using the Kies software on your PC.

Otherwise it's time to contact your carrier or Samsung.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Lightbulb Re: Freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy S3

My problem with S3 freezing started last week, roughly a year after I bought it.

I connected the phone to PC and transferred about 5 GB of movies and discovered one corrupted file. Couple of months ago I changed the name of one file and later deleted it. When I connected phone to PC I realized the file is still there but it was unusable since I changed the name so I couldnít open it. After removing 5 GM of movies (and corrupted file) the phone worked perfectly for about 5 days. Then it started again.
    It was freezing very badly but for an hour only (freezing every couple of minutes) and now is good again for about half a day. I did not do anything to fix it. Let's see what will happen.

I do not want to do factory reset as I see it did not help to other people.

I WONDER WHY SAMSUNG DOES NOT ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789