What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know the phone is a great thing, but are there some things that bother you about it? It could be big or small things, and no comparing to any other phones lol

For me:
- The ability to not turn off LTE with a toggle, I know I can do it by dailing *#2263#, but I think there should be a toggle
- The home button instead of the touch screen buttons like the Nexus has....I though that was kind of cool for touchscreen buttons, and you could customize it for certain apps

Not really deal breakers at all, I LOVE it overall, but just some things.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the lack of a toggle to turn LTE on/off is a fail for stock users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i like the capacative menu and back buttons instead of on screen.
suppose if i have to fault something, its that you cant use a normal universal micro usb-HDMI cable grr bad samsung!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Really for me it is the home button. I used to like it but I would like it to now be haptic like the others. Still don't like on screen buttons cause they look ugly imho.

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
So far what i don't like
-The volume buttons take the phone off vibrate when the screen is not locked
-The fact that i can't tap the top of my screen and it make the web page go back up (like the iPhone)
-Ringer starts low and gets higher... i hate that
-Email is slow (stock app) in general i find android weak in the emailing department
-The screen sucks under sunlight
-Can't take a picture when on a call (not sure if any phone could do this).
-Waiting for Jelly bean to come :)

More then one thing LOL!!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol theres another thread titled "so what DONT you like about the s3" or somethng like that... you might wana dig it up mate ;)

oh yeah i think i read somewhere that JB on the s3 will make "tap to top" function work in more apps.... when we finaly get it lol...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I know the phone is a great thing, but are there some things that bother you about it? It could be big or small things, and no comparing to any other phones lol

For me:
- The ability to not turn off LTE with a toggle, I know I can do it by dailing *#2263#, but I think there should be a toggle
- The home button instead of the touch screen buttons like the Nexus has....I though that was kind of cool for touchscreen buttons, and you could customize it for certain apps

Not really deal breakers at all, I LOVE it overall, but just some things.

I agree, the lack of a toggle to turn LTE on/off is a fail for stock users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Oh, how I would LOVE to have LTE to toggle on and off! Sprint in Jax, Fl...I guess we wont have that upper-first world problem for another month or two!

One thing that I dont like about the GS3 is the lack of a physical camera button. And now that Sprint has pushed out its update that added a crippled Swype keyboard that took the place of the wonderful Beta Swype with Dragon dictation, that is the biggest thing I dont like about my Sprint GS3!!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
How hard it is to hold onto with the hyperglaze, my case broke on me( a big can of carrots fell out of the cabinet onto the edge of my case ) and its unbearable trying to hold the phone without one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The lte toggle has to be coded differently for each phone because of the way it interacts with the hardware. I believe there's only universal wimax toggles.

I think that crippled swype is ported over from the days of the optimus s and og evo so they don't have to keep paying for it or something, I've had both phones and the swype keyboards are eerily similar in performance and functionality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
That would be great!
I find it so useful.. especially when reading long blog posts or surfing forums.
lol theres another thread titled "so what DONT you like about the s3" or somethng like that... you might wana dig it up mate ;)

oh yeah i think i read somewhere that JB on the s3 will make "tap to top" function work in more apps.... when we finaly get it lol...

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the single physical home button, a little too iphoney, but I've gotten more than used to it.

I don't like that if I select a wallpaper from the gallery it has to be cropped to single home screen size. Since I use a launcher with scrollable wallpaper it creates black bars on each side when swiping to different home screens.

I don't like that verizon put the wifi as an ongoing notification instead of a toggle to remind us they don't want us to use the data we pay for.

I don't like that a lot of the cool features aren't convenient to use and are buried deep in settings menus. Such as the photo sharing things and s beam. S beam/ nfc should have a toggle!

More than one I know. But regardless, I still love this phone!

Oh one more, I don't like S(iri) voice. Bring on Google Now!

Sent from my Sammy GS3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That would be great!
I find it so useful.. especially when reading long blog posts or surfing forums.

yeah i hope it includes browsers etc but then they might have an apple law suit on their hands lol ;)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
LTE toggle for sure would be nice. Seems like this would be a positive for the carriers as they have data limits now and what not... (even though I am on unlimited verizon)

I don't care for the Touchwiz redraws. Its my understanding the future updates will address this but still as I would like to stay unrooted/stock at the moment its a little annoying.

I wish the samsung keyboard didn't suck. I like swiftkey but I really prefer just a basic keyboard and I really don't like the notification to change input methods when your keyboard is up.

All I got so far!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
LTE toggle for sure would be nice. Seems like this would be a positive for the carriers as they have data limits now and what not... (even though I am on unlimited verizon)

I don't care for the Touchwiz redraws. Its my understanding the future updates will address this but still as I would like to stay unrooted/stock at the moment its a little annoying.

I wish the samsung keyboard didn't suck. I like swiftkey but I really prefer just a basic keyboard and I really don't like the notification to change input methods when your keyboard is up.

All I got so far!

try one of the modern custom launchers mate (apex,nova,.) the Touchwiz homescreen is pretty crap and theres no hacking needed. with Nova (not sure about Apex) you can import how your homescreen is already set up to it so its hasstle free and then u can take advantage of the speed and extra features :)

feenixfly

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say I love the S3 so far, but one issue is the physical home button. It's too narrow and located too close to the edge. Either move it slightly upwards or get rid of it completely. No more physical buttons! That's all. :)

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish the battery lasted a little longer, but I probably had unreasonably high expectations coming from an iphone 3g where I'd have to put it on a charger by 10 am, haha. Guess I thought the s3s battery would just last forever.

The lack of screen visibility when outside is annoying too.

Aside from those minor issues, I have little to complain about. Love this phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums