Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 211
Like Tree60Likes
  1. #151  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    I hate the UI. TouchWiz sux

    Have since installed JellyBean launcher from the PlayStore
    How does it compare to Nova launcher mate?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  2. #152  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    I downloaded gosms, go keyboard and golauncher...... fixed all of that.

    O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
    Lol when u gona move to Nova pal?
    Same features, just faster x
    (I used GO for years)

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  3. #153  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Good call, Funky. I just bumped up the Incoming Call and Notification levels, so will see if that helps. I'm used to the prior phones where it was all or nothing for vibration, and didn't know adjusting intensity was an option. Shows you how little I mess around with these particular settings. Great that the option is there, though.
    Did you know you can create your own vibration pattern too lol? Mine is like a mouse having a fit in my pocket... impossible to miss

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
  4. #154  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    728 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    There's nothing that i dislike about my SGSIII. However, there is one thing that i'm curious about. With the phone off, when i get an email, the screen stays dark and the LED flashes. When i get a text msg, the lock screen comes on, and no LED flashes, unless i just close the phone. Is this a feature "built-in" to the phone, or maybe just ICS?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  5. #155  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    There's nothing that i dislike about my SGSIII. However, there is one thing that i'm curious about. With the phone off, when i get an email, the screen stays dark and the LED flashes. When i get a text msg, the lock screen comes on, and no LED flashes, unless i just close the phone. Is this a feature "built-in" to the phone, or maybe just ICS?
    You can maybe change that option in your sms app. I have Go Sms set for the screen to stay off when i get a txt

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Did you know you can create your own vibration pattern too lol? Mine is like a mouse having a fit in my pocket... impossible to miss

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Lol I noticed that feature like 3 months after I got my phone I was like ooooh snaaaapps thats tight!
    grunt0300 and funkylogik like this.
  7. #157  
    Dog5000's Avatar

    Posts
    561 Posts
    Global Posts
    959 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    Yeah, I think I completely agree with you. And oh, btw, I don't really know diddly about what I'm trying to say or talk about. lol
    But I do think it's definitely an S3 problem, too, since the aux cable is oakey-dokey. ;-(

    At Settings > scroll down until you see 'Accessory' (just below 'Back up and reset' >> and just above << 'Date and time' & ' Accessibility'), on my ICS 4.0.4 [w/ base & build ~LH9].
    Think I understand now. My S3 version does not have a Settings\Accessory option, but does have a System\Dock. What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?-screenshot_2012-11-17-17-55-53.png and then within Dock there's an option for Audio Output Mode. What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?-screenshot_2012-11-17-18-02-40.pngMy build is IMM76D.I535VRALHE, so could be some differences between the two and how the Settings are named and laid out.
    Thanked by:
  8. #158  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Ok after 2 months, I finally found something that annoys the hell out of me. Maybe there's a fix that I don't know about, but when I want to check my Phone Call Logs, all my SMS's are littered throughout.

    Ok fixed....while typing I decided to check the settings menu on a whim, problem solved. So back to the OP question.....haven't found anything yet.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    funkylogik and smooth4lyfe like this.
  9. #159  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    The thing with the headphone socket is it isnt at "line" output level (industry standard) so have to experiment... a volt meter would be handy
    Oh really, funky? How handy? And where should I stick it? . . . .wait, better not answer that.
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. #160  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Think I understand now. My S3 version does not have a Settings\Accessory option, but does have a System\Dock. and then within Dock there's an option for Audio Output Mode. My build is IMM76D.I535VRALHE, so could be some differences between the two and how the Settings are named and laid out.
    Roger that, Dog5000. ;-) Been doing chores & watchin' college football so haven't messed with it today, but I'll report back in another day or two if I get it to work. Thanks for your input.
  11. #161  
    naviwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,305 Global Posts

    Default What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    I also wish I could turn off auto screen rotate, BUT when I watch YouTube videos or movies etc. it would automatically rotate.

    Curious, is that asking for too much?
  12. #162  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I also wish I could turn off auto screen rotate, BUT when I watch YouTube videos or movies etc. it would automatically rotate.

    Curious, is that asking for too much?
    Yeah lol :P
    U mean u want to lock it in landscape? That would be a nice option.. maybe theres an app?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  13. #163  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    728 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    You can maybe change that option in your sms app. I have Go Sms set for the screen to stay off when i get a txt

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Found out on XDA, that it's a feature built into TouchWiz. Screen pops on for a few seconds, then shuts off, and the LED starts flashing. I can live with that.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  14. #164  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    They are a couple of things actually
    1-The bezel is too small,I keep accidently touching the screen with the bottom of my thumb.Hopefully this will change when i get a case.
    2-Pentile display,small text isn't very sharp but well its still 100% readable and thats what matters even if it doesn't look sharp enough.
    3-Widget drawer lag in TW launcher.
    Other than that it's the best all round phone for me.
  15. #165  
    Splange's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Quince View Post
    I don't like the single physical home button, a little too iphoney, but I've gotten more than used to it.

    I don't like that if I select a wallpaper from the gallery it has to be cropped to single home screen size. Since I use a launcher with scrollable wallpaper it creates black bars on each side when swiping to different home screens.

    I don't like that verizon put the wifi as an ongoing notification instead of a toggle to remind us they don't want us to use the data we pay for.

    I don't like that a lot of the cool features aren't convenient to use and are buried deep in settings menus. Such as the photo sharing things and s beam. S beam/ nfc should have a toggle!

    More than one I know. But regardless, I still love this phone!


    Oh one more, I don't like S(iri) voice. Bring on Google Now!

    Sent from my Sammy GS3
    There's an app called image 2 wallpaper that lets you crop for launchers with scrollable home screens. That's what I've been using.
  16. #166  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    QUICKPIC gallery app seems to make scrollable wallpapers for me like by itself!
    Using Nova launcher though... the answer to most peoples woes :thumbup:

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  17. #167  
    Dog5000's Avatar

    Posts
    561 Posts
    Global Posts
    959 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Really weird. I'm not aware of an unmount command (not rooted, so not sure I could pull that off via a terminal session). To get weirder, I don't see an Accessory section in my Settings. I was going to walk through your steps but can't find Audio Output Mode. I am looking in the wrong places? I have a stock Verizon 4.0.4 ICS image. I don't have anything set at all to account for an Aux connection, so perhaps there is a bug (as you alluded to with the disappearing check box) in the Audio Output Mode feature? I have a limited understanding about Aux electronically, but don't think that the S3 can understand the difference between a supported 3.5mm jack from an Aux cable vs. that of a headset or headphones. So with known good Aux cables, to me that points to a flaky software feature. Going out on a limb here, though.
    So after updating to the Verizon Jelly Bean update today, I tried USB connectivity again. After connecting my S3 to the stereo's USB jack a popup message appeared telling me that my computer did not support the USB modes and to use Kies Air, etc. to manage the phone. Since the USB mode in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 appears to be set to "Connected as an installer" by default, I set it to MTP mode. A few seconds later the stereo displayed "USB Read" on the LCD console, and then about 15-30 seconds later music began playing. I can skip around using the stereo controls with behavior acting much like that when browsing CD content on a CD changer. That may be due to how my particular stereo behaves, though. I can play the songs in my playlist via the default Music Player independently of what the stereo is playing. This is probably not intended by design, but is easy enough to work around by not invoking the Music Player. I recall trying the same thing with the USB modes when the S3 had ICS, and didn't have success. I'll experiment around further, but so far looks promising and has appeared to solve one of the features I lacked prior.
  18. #168  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Who is your carrier? Verizon told me there's no toggle because they're doing away with CDMA and will be a full LTE provider. Antony else heard this?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  19. #169  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    I handles switching from one app thread to the other poorly. too much dependency on the home button resulting a poor productivity experience.
  20. #170  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    So after updating to the Verizon Jelly Bean update today, I tried USB connectivity again. After connecting my S3 to the stereo's USB jack a popup message appeared telling me that my computer did not support the USB modes and to use Kies Air, etc. to manage the phone. Since the USB mode in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 appears to be set to "Connected as an installer" by default, I set it to MTP mode. A few seconds later the stereo displayed "USB Read" on the LCD console, and then about 15-30 seconds later music began playing. I can skip around using the stereo controls with behavior acting much like that when browsing CD content on a CD changer. That may be due to how my particular stereo behaves, though. I can play the songs in my playlist via the default Music Player independently of what the stereo is playing. This is probably not intended by design, but is easy enough to work around by not invoking the Music Player. I recall trying the same thing with the USB modes when the S3 had ICS, and didn't have success. I'll experiment around further, but so far looks promising and has appeared to solve one of the features I lacked prior.
    Thanks for that interesting update, Dog5000.
    Wish ours would work with our vehicles stereo/steering wheel controls, like yours does now. Perhaps I should re-think my 'Viva La ICS !' intransigence. lol

    Sorry for no update on my part, as I think I got tired of messing around with it, and also forgot about this thread.
  21. #171  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    I hate that when I receive a text or MMS my screen sometimes turns on. I don't want a 3rd party app, I shouldn't have to download one just to keep my phone screen off!
  22. #172  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Found out on XDA, that it's a feature built into TouchWiz. Screen pops on for a few seconds, then shuts off, and the LED starts flashing. I can live with that.
    Also an option to set for smart alerts if you miss a call or text and the screen is black, it will vibrate when you pick it up.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  23. #173  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    What kind of bugs me is the animation for the status bar power widget thing. Like when it slides and I need to wait to toggle wifi.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #174  

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    What kind of bugs me is the animation for the status bar power widget thing. Like when it slides and I need to wait to toggle wifi.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    It's kind of like they want to show us every time there are a ton of toggle buttons now. Would be nice if it had a "do not show again" option to click. I wouldn't have realized all were there if it didn't scroll that first time, but now I get it..tons more toggle buttons lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  25. #175  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    It's kind of like they want to show us every time there are a ton of toggle buttons now. Would be nice if it had a "do not show again" option to click. I wouldn't have realized all were there if it didn't scroll that first time, but now I get it..tons more toggle buttons lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Lol agreed

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you like/dislike about your new Nexus 7?
    By uat1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 04:58 AM
  2. Things I dislike about the Galaxy S3
    By New2GalaxyIII in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
  4. List some things you love about your x that other droids lack
    By johnnyshinta in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
  5. One thing you'd change about the Nexus One? (Hardware)
    By Jeremy in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

B