Change the way to answer the phone

kinckn

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the swipe from left to right to answer the phone. For some reason if the phone is in my purse or pocket it answers on its on.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
In the Phone app can you look at this: Menu -> Call settings -> Call answering/ending
Do you have the 'Answering key' checkbox checked? If so, inadvertent Home button presses while it's in your pocket may be causing the call to get answered.
Are you using a 3rd party launcher or lock screen replacement?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was missing and fumbling calls when outside in bright sunlight or trying for a quick one handed swipe while pulling out of pocket. I found if I didn't hit the red x just in the right spot or missed it altogether due to the sunlight that the call was missed. So I set to answer with the home button. Hard to miss a call now. My screen is set to auto lock in one minute so no worries about an auto dial or answer, and no explaining to a certain someone why I didn't respond to a call :D

DOOKJOY6869

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was missing and fumbling calls when outside in bright sunlight or trying for a quick one handed swipe while pulling out of pocket. I found if I didn't hit the red x just in the right spot or missed it altogether due to the sunlight that the call was missed. So I set to answer with the home button. Hard to miss a call now. My screen is set to auto lock in one minute so no worries about an auto dial or answer, and no explaining to a certain someone why I didn't respond to a call :D
LOL that certain someone does get quite upset when the call goes unanswered. I forget to turn my ringer on and will miss 4 in a row oh boy

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL that certain someone does get quite upset when the call goes unanswered. I forget to turn my ringer on and will miss 4 in a row oh boy

While I'm sorry to see that you too may suffer from FRAIM (Failure to Respond In A Millisecond) syndrome, it does give me hope to know that I am not alone.

Last edited:

sacekusha

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have elephone P8000, no such settings in phone or contacts :/ The way i answer calls is by pressing small buttons on top of the screen....i would rather have to swipe, any good app for this or ? Was searching gplay and found only 1 crap+paid app for this lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1