Not getting texts on my S3 after switching from iphone

Tersaye

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just left my 4s for the GS3 and am having so many problems recieving texts from people who have iphones. Their phones are still trying to send me "imessages" so I don't get them. I've tried multiple things, I deactivated my iphone on the apple website and tried a few other things and the only thing that has worked is if they change their settings on their phones. they have to turn off the imessage feature. This is redic! have you had this problem? I love the phone but not getting texts is a huge problem. Does anyone know anything else I can try??

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Tell your friends to spft reset there phone then try...only thing i can think of

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this has happened and I have seen several solution... I think one is to call AT&T and have them switch ur plan from the iphone text plan to a regular text plan or something like that

There were other solution I forgot u might have to search Google

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just left my 4s for the GS3 and am having so many problems recieving texts from people who have iphones. Their phones are still trying to send me "imessages" so I don't get them. I've tried multiple things, I deactivated my iphone on the apple website and tried a few other things and the only thing that has worked is if they change their settings on their phones. they have to turn off the imessage feature. This is redic! have you had this problem? I love the phone but not getting texts is a huge problem. Does anyone know anything else I can try??

I saw a post about this a while ago and apparently the issue is with iMessenger. You have to put your sim card back into your iPhone then turn off the setting in the iPhone for message settings or something.

Here's an article iMessage Bug Traps Android Converters’ Personal Conversations… But There’s A Fix! | TechCrunch

Tersaye

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks, I had already tried most of them. I did see one more option on there to try....wish me luck! I'm going to give it until the morning to see if it starts to work.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely something to contact your service provider over.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Tersaye

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I think it's fixed. I found a post somewhere and the person suggested using a friends iphone and logging them out and logging myself on using my apple id. At that point turn imessage off and log back out. Ever since I did that about 3 hours ago it has been working. I hope it is truly fixed this has been a big issue. I am going to make sure the people at the Verizon store where I upgraded are aware, if anyone switches from and iphone to anything else they need to turn off imessage prior to deactivating the iphone. Would have been nice to know this prior to trading my phone in! thanks for everyone's help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance