Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon / TM / ATT which should I buy for unlock?

Hello your help is appreciated! I want to buy one w/o contract to unlock to use on whichever carrier offers best deal w/ 4G/LTE...which one is best?

Thanks!

Default Re: Verizon / TM / ATT which should I buy for unlock?

Tmo offers unlimited everything which includes unlimited 4g. No LTE. Don't know Verizon or at&T rates.
    As for coverage area wouldn't know how it works for you.
    "may the odds be in your favor"

AT&T offers the fastest LTE and I have service in a lot of places, but their prices are so expensive thats the downside of it
    T-Mobile has the best plans but the coverage is really not that great and I dont think they even have LTE yet
    Verizon service is not really to good, and they do not even use SIM cards which is already a blow
    Sprint is the worst of all the carriers

These are from my experience and feedback from other users

Verizon seems to have the most reliable service IMO. I have been with ATT and Sprint prior to being on VZ. I would put Sprint at #2 and ATT a distant #3. T-mobile wouldn't even get consideration from me due to their lack of coverage.

VZ is also very pricey, but you are paying for the better service. Sprint is most affordable and they offer unlimited data, but LTE is only in a handful of cities. VZ has about 400 cities on LTE. Don't get caught up in the ATT advertising where they say they have the most 4G. They are counting HSPA as 4G. It is not LTE.

And yes, VZ uses sim cards for LTE devices.

Remember that everyone here is posting their opinion. I have found that some providers are stronger than others in different parts of the country. My experience with ATT being poor may have more to do with my area. I am a business traveler covering 3 states in the mid west. The previous poster may live in a different geographic location.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    AT&T offers the fastest LTE and I have service in a lot of places, but their prices are so expensive thats the downside of it
    T-Mobile has the best plans but the coverage is really not that great and I dont think they even have LTE yet
    Verizon service is not really to good, and they do not even use SIM cards which is already a blow

Are you kidding?

Have you had Verizon?

Verizon 4g phones require SIM cards. You obviously have no clue what you're spewing.

Awesome garbage.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post

Have you ever owned a verizon phone? Best nationwide service, and yes there is sim cards.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Have you ever owned a verizon phone? Best nationwide service, and yes there is sim cards.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    I'm just going from feedback from people I know, and they do? I thought they were CDMA

Quote Originally Posted by blakke39 View Post
    Are you kidding?

Have you had Verizon?

Verizon 4g phones require SIM cards. You obviously have no clue what you're spewing.

Awesome garbage.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums
    Lol ok im just going by what I havee heard from other people, and I forgot about Verizon 4G SIM Cards my fault
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Very helpful. If I get a VZW S3 and unlock it...what "other" carriers could I use it with? Cricket...or ?

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkashani88 View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the replies. Very helpful. If I get a VZW S3 and unlock it...what "other" carriers could I use it with? Cricket...or ?
    None, vzw only

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks twin....do you have the AT&T version? Would you recommend I get that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by dkashani88 View Post
    Thanks twin....do you have the AT&T version? Would you recommend I get that instead?
    Since ur getting it unlocked anyways, I think you should be looking at the plans and prices you prefer to determine which carrier you want to go with...you can go on their websites and compare budgets and price ranges and what you really need in a plan and what would be cheaper for you...I think its better to do your own research for this instead of getting recommendations on a forum
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

LOL...ok, and now the rude posts begin. Read your others posts, you are misinformed on many things.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

If u get unlocked att, u can run straight talk and have the ability to run tmo if you have to. Granted it runs edge only on tmo I believe but just go on att site and see what bands the gs3 has. Then see what carriers run those bands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2